Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No, it simply doesn't matter to some people.

If HP does something just like Apple, they're just visionless me-too zombies.

If HP does something unlike Apple, they're morons who obviously don't understand what the market wants.

If HP sells something with fewer features than Apple, they're dumb because everybody's just gonna buy Apple.

If HP sells something with more features than Apple, that's idiotic because people don't want those features - just look at iPad sales without that feature.
    Fine with me.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I reeely want a wacom digitizer built in for note taking and drawing. It would be a huge differentiation point. But I'm afraid we won't see it
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Did you miss all the rumors about the touchstone and cloud integrations? Is that not innovative or unique?
    It remains to be seen how USEFUL these technologies will be, but they are thinking in the right direction. Touchstones are "cute." I use three. That wouldn't get me to switch from an iPad or choose HP over what all my friends had (e.g. iPad).

If the cloud, bluetooth is USEFUL and seamless, they may be on to something.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    It remains to be seen how USEFUL these technologies will be, but they are thinking in the right direction. Touchstones are "cute." I use three. That wouldn't get me to switch from an iPad or choose HP over what all my friends had (e.g. iPad).

If the cloud, bluetooth is USEFUL and seamless, they may be on to something.
    Your criteria is leaning more towards the subjective than the objective so I could say the same things about the Adam. How do I know how useful the Adam is until I've used it in my daily grind? And if I was worried about being another 'me too', why get an iPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    I'll wait till I see the device in action before I make assumptions about the device and it's processor.
    I agree. But some people can't wait to start slagging the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaMart View Post
    I reeely want a wacom digitizer built in for note taking and drawing. It would be a huge differentiation point. But I'm afraid we won't see it
    This would make definitely be a great differentiating feature for the 'top of the range' model.
    Y"up I want a wacom addition too. Would love to draw and animate on it.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Your criteria is leaning more towards the subjective than the objective so I could say the same things about the Adam. How do I know how useful the Adam is until I've used it in my daily grind? And if I was worried about being another 'me too', why get an iPad?
    Certainly usefulness is subjective. Of course, if millions find something useful, it's objective enough to make them money and create an installed base.

The issue with the Adam is hardware stability. It will run the same Honeycomb that the other bazillion Android tablets will run. The differentiation for Android will largely be hardware. But, if you prefer Honeycomb over iOS, then Adam is on the radar. Then you have to decide if you're willing to shell out that kind of money on hardware from a startup. Most people won't, but because it's Android, they could still sell a great number of units and live to fight another day.

With HP, if WebOS fails, they can also go Android, but WebOS dies. They have no built-in ecosystem or app store that is anywhere near competitive. Adam is definitely me-too on the software side (despite their Eden UI), but their hardware is different and may be more useful.

We'll see. My point is they started from the ground up from hardware and software and embellished Android extensively to meet their vision. It will be able to stand on its own and live or die that way. From what I've seen, the HP device is a me-too hardware device with software that will HOPEFULLY be worth enough people adopting the platform for developers to engage.

Given that more phones will be sold of each platform than tablets, WebOS also needs to get the phone numbers up substantially to drive the ecosystem and app development.
  10.    #70  
    You know what, I'm not really worried about the OS or other system stuff, I just care about that processing power. Qualcomm crap...
    I saw rumors on here we were getting thr omap 4 440 not sure where, but its somwhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    C From what I've seen, the HP device is a me-too hardware device with software that will HOPEFULLY be worth enough people adopting the platform for developers to engage.
    rdreamer: did you see the new phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    rdreamer: did you see the new phones?
    Nope. I hope they can do multiple form factors. I understand the desire to do the 4.3" screen, but I like my smaller phone if they can make one with decent battery life of 4G LTE. If the battery life will suck, I'll take the larger phone.
    Dear Groundhog/whatever fictional icon is closest to Feb. 9th, maybe Abraham Lincoln?

I wanna HP webOS tablet that dual boots Windows, play Crisis at 60 FPS, and flies me to the moon!

Or you know, something that is real, available at launch, and is competitive/has developer support.

I'm not disappoint, I can't be as I haven't seen actual official product or specs yet. So neither should you all. That doesn't mean I'm not sharpening my pitchfork and drying my kindling though.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    A very informed poster on here said that the chipset is Ti OMAP4. For all of those interested in the Qualcomm chipset, there are several nice videos made at CES in the Qualcomm booth where they are showing off the rumored Topaz chipset. here is one. More are available on youtube.
  16.    #76  
    Yeah evo is no bueno. Htc is no bueno.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Yeah evo is no bueno. Htc is no bueno.
    Agreed. HTC hardware is obviously inferior to what Palm currently offers.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    not judgeing yet
    My prediction:

50% of posters will be disapointed and upset no matter how good the new Palm things are

50% of posters will be estatic and love it all no matter how bad the new Palm things are
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    My prediction:

50% of posters will be disapointed and upset no matter how good the new Palm things are

50% of posters will be estatic and love it all no matter how bad the new Palm things are
    I certainly would not try to argue against that prediction.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast