1.    #1  
    In todays leaked documents, they mentioned "carrier customization", and I haven't really seen anyone comment on it.

I really hope they mean it in the way current webos devices get carrier customization, as in apps. I really hope this isn't the start of android like carrier customization for all webos devices.

(sorry if this has been posted/disscussed somewhere, I did quick search on my phone, and couldn't find anything.)
    I think they are allowing for a carrier logo to coexist with the HP and Pam logos. You see the Palm logo at the bottom, and I'm guessing they would put a carrier logo at the top to keep it symmetrical. Or perhaps a on the front.
    I'm sure it also refers to the carrier ROM for the 3G/4G versions (i.e., Sprint Navigation,
    Sprint TV, etc.)

Speaking of...on the wifi-only versions...who would push the webOS updates and would those folks get the first updates?
    Logos, apps, things like that

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think they are allowing for a carrier logo to coexist with the HP and Pam logos. You see the Palm logo at the bottom, and I'm guessing they would put a carrier logo at the top to keep it symmetrical. Or perhaps a on the front.
    Except for how they used it in context. The first mention of carrier branding states "Finally, they haven't closed the door on carrier branding for the 3G and 4G versions." this indicates hardware.

Under Flash & errata: "HP is also making space for carrier customization as well."

I hope they don't see Android's success given by its level of carrier customization and think that can carry over to webOS.
    I think “carrier customization” refers to the ability of Verizon to customize the GPS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I'm sure it also refers to the carrier ROM for the 3G/4G versions (i.e., Sprint Navigation,
    Sprint TV, etc.)

Speaking of...on the wifi-only versions...who would push the webOS updates and would those folks get the first updates?
    no wimax so no sprint?

Or are we only getting 3g sprint?

Or is sprint on Feb. 7th, announcing LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    no wimax so no sprint?

I was just using Sprint as an example because I'm with them and know what they put on their devices. Not sure what AT&T or Verizon customize on their handsets.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    no wimax so no sprint?

they're announcing the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    they're announcing the iPhone.
    I kind of wish they were, and maybe they will in conjunction with other things, but I don't see how that's an "industry first".
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I kind of wish they were, and maybe they will in conjunction with other things, but I don't see how that's an "industry first".
    hmm, I hadn't read that part, guess I'm wrong.

David blaine's there too... That would actually work with an apple event, cause it's "magical", but it's not an industry first. Unless it's a wimax iphone, which is NOT happening.

Wimax 2? Wimax plus lte combined(I think that may have been mentioned before)? a good nokia phone(I kid nokia users, I kid)?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    hmm, I hadn't read that part, guess I'm wrong.

David blaine's there too... That would actually work with an apple event, cause it's "magical", but it's not an industry first. Unless it's a wimax iphone, which is NOT happening.

Wimax 2? Wimax plus lte combined(I think that may have been mentioned before)? a good nokia phone(I kid nokia users, I kid)?
    Possibly. But I read in other places that many seem to think it's the first 3D-enabled tablet :yawn:
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I was just using Sprint as an example because I'm with them and know what they put on their devices. Not sure what AT&T or Verizon customize on their handsets.
    VZ Navigator and V Cast are what you'd be looking at for Verizon.
    Sprint is announcing a 3D phone or tablet. That's their announcement. Move on to more exciting things.
    I hope they anounce the free wifi's

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    On the OTAs, you can get them over wifi via the updates app after Palm releases them (I'm using a Pre+ on Tmo without data service, and they still go), but I am kinda scared about this carrier branding. What'll they call the thing? The HP Palm Topaz with Beats Audio on Sprint/verizon/etc? Wordy and confusing much? Yeah. You've got four logos on the thing right then and there. That's ridiculous. Even the convoluted Android phones have MAX three (Google, manufacturer, carrier.) And of course, Apple gets away with one. The Pre had two, but the carrier was hidden in the freaking mirror. A bit better than some kind of confusing logo shmorgaborg.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I hope they anounce the free wifi's
    AT&T already does that. Not an industry first.