Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fudge View Post
    Honest, I'm not here making all this up...I've got kids to look after and a job
    Any news on phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Any news on phones?
    yes please. Phone info!
    Thought of a wicked awesome idea! Wouldnt it be cool if, there was a special view which allowed u to have small card like views which would show the app in its mobile state (as u would see on the phones) and drag it arround like the pop ups and basically multitaks like that? With the little drag area thing for moving the card around
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    No the Pre 2 has yet to come out on Verizon so perhaps they release that on Verizon plus some small phone and then a monster phone for Sprint in May/June?

It was leaked that the phone was nothing special. IF there was a monster phone, I would think it would show up on one of these leaks so as to generate interest. Plus HP said at one point that they do not want to compete in the phone arena.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with the announcement of multiple phones available by March 1st, announced the VZW Pre2 available with a 2 year contract for $50, with Mobile Hotspot thrown in for free.

Overall, it would be a great marketing tactic. Sell the Pre2 for a low price, throw in free tethering, and sell them the PalmPad as well (or do a deal in the VZW stores where you buy the PalmPad for $200, get a free Pre2, and free tethering from the Pre2 to the PalmPad on a 2 year contract -- it gets webOS in tons of hands, gets rid of any Pre2 stock, and it would be a really amazing marketing plan -- "Buy the PalmPad for $200 on a 2-year voice and data contract, you get a free Pre2 and tethering between your Pre2 and PalmPad!")
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I hope they offer offordable pricing and plans. I wish they had a family share data plan which would allow multiple people in the same family to use data under the same account. Or atleast make it affordable for singles. We will see i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with the announcement of multiple phones available by March 1st, announced the VZW Pre2 available with a 2 year contract for $50, with Mobile Hotspot thrown in for free.

Overall, it would be a great marketing tactic. Sell the Pre2 for a low price, throw in free tethering, and sell them the PalmPad as well (or do a deal in the VZW stores where you buy the PalmPad for $200, get a free Pre2, and free tethering from the Pre2 to the PalmPad on a 2 year contract -- it gets webOS in tons of hands, gets rid of any Pre2 stock, and it would be a really amazing marketing plan -- "Buy the PalmPad for $200 on a 2-year voice and data contract, you get a free Pre2 and tethering between your Pre2 and PalmPad!")
    that would be a great way of doing it... Hope they can come up with that.
    Could fudge be a HP Palm insider/Plant? Just a question.Being a new member this month and already having info on past or future specs. Very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Could fudge be a HP Palm insider/Plant? Just a question.Being a new member this month and already having info on past or future specs. Very interesting.
    could be.. or even it could be an "old" precentral member who is not willing to be know as an insider... so created a new account.. and I think we shouldnt dig into it.. if he would like us to know the background he would tell us...
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I've just tried it again, this time with my Evo. I took just the back cover from my wife's Pre and held it close to my Evo while a compass app was loaded. The needle moves every time I bring the touchstone cover near it.
    I suggest there is something wrong with your wife's back cover then. I tried an almost identical experiment several months ago, I used the digital compass in my watch rather than an Evo but the result was no impact at all on the compass.

Even if there were a permanent magnet in there a digital compass could compensate, that is what they are good at and need to do in every phone to allow for the speaker magnets.

This is not going to be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I just realised what thread we were in before you posted, sorry guys.
    Is it possible to move our conversation to another thread or even just delete.

Anyway: on topic I didn't think I'd be this excited for a tablet but seeing the specs from today and those renders I'm really starting to look forward to being able to spend the better part of a grand on this thing.

Bite your tongue on that price point. Not all of use are made of money!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Would be nice, but it's not gonna happen. Maybe for $4-$500.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    eh, im on 1080i :P
    I appologize in advance.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Sorry.

But seriously. 720p and 1080i are essentially the same!
    CNET Glossary: 720p - CNET Reviews
    "720p is not inferior to 1080i; 720p has fewer lines but also has the advantages of progressive scanning and a constant vertical resolution of 720 lines, making it better able to handle motion"

1080i and 1080p are not the same at all.

Back on topic. Who here thinks this is close to right? Are they really putting out something this nice, except for the resolution being 4:3? I wonder at the reasoning of 4:3 when all computer and TV screens are going to 16:9/16:10...
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 01/25/2011 at 10:55 AM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Bite your tongue on that price point. Not all of use are made of money!
    Right! Why would HP sell an "iPad competitor" with basically the same specs for basically double the cost of an iPad?

I can see $300-$600 depending on the actual device and cheaper if bundled with a phone and/or a contract.

But not $1000! The iPad 16gb/wifi is only $499.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    could be.. or even it could be an "old" precentral member who is not willing to be know as an insider... so created a new account.. and I think we shouldnt dig into it.. if he would like us to know the background he would tell us...
    Could be a plant, could be some misguided internal person with old data, could be an exp employee with a grudge, could by Jon - who knows?

It doesn't pay to even think or worry about things. When um, someone I know, did work years ago with the national intel groups, you learn to think about all sorts of things - sources lie about part of the data in order to hide themselves or sources, sources are sometimes misinformed, some leaks are deliberate, some accidental, data gets stale, etc. Smoke and mirrors...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    We could speculate that maybe Fudge is more than just a name. He's a plant from HP sent to "fudge" the information so that they can over-deliver on Feb 9. No matter the truth I gotta believe Fudge is enjoying the speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Could be a plant, could be some misguided internal person with old data, could be an exp employee with a grudge, could be Jon - who knows?
    I hope it's a plant/red herring because it would show that H/Palm has a sense of humor and understands how to leverage social media...

...two weeks until we know for sure!
    gonna be a long two weeks!
    "Buy the PalmPad for $200 on a 2-year voice and data contract, you get a free Pre2 and tethering between your Pre2 and PalmPad!"
    I have a feeling the Pre2 will be gone soon or at least not part of a bundle, since I don't think it will support 'touch to share'.
    I've looked but haven't found the answer to this. Will Topaz actually be a phone that will allow you to make calls or will it only allow calls to be transferred to the tablet?
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I've looked but haven't found the answer to this. Will Topaz actually be a phone that will allow you to make calls or will it only allow calls to be transferred to the tablet?
    The latter.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast