Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 194
  1. #101  
    I only saw mini-usb, no SD, no mini-HDMI.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Also, there seems to be now way to rotate the screen and use the gesture area in landscape mode as we all thought
    That might be where the 2 finger gesture comes in. maybe. I like the gesture area and I figure it will remain on the phones but to put it in 2 or 3 sides would probably be difficult and make the tablet that much bigger. who knows.
  3. #103  
    with all this cloud storage stuff, my 512mb data plan feels the desperate need of a bump.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    with all this cloud storage stuff, my 512mb data plan feels the desperate need of a bump.
    Yea, you may want to consider upgrading that...
  5. #105  
    lol the cloud is gonna get you !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, you may want to consider upgrading that...
    I live in canada, locked in a contract with bell... 3 year one, 1.5 years remaining.

    Upgrading to a 1gb data plan would cost 15 extra dollars a month. Upgrading to a 2gb plan would cost another 15 on top of that. Upgrading to a 3gb plan would cost another 20 on top of that. (i'd get more minutes along the way, since i'm on talk and data plan, but that's still alot of money.)

    Bell Mobility - Smartphone Combo Rate Plans- Bell
    _________________________________________________________________
    I'm currently on the smartphone 50 plan, with double minutes, but for some reason it's only 300 minutes (I think some of the minutes were bonus, so they didn't get doubled) I was able to negotiate 10% off my monthly plan($5), free caller id& voicemail($12), weeknights from 6pm($6), and 2500 texts($10) for a total savings of $33.00, (so now i only pay $45.00 plus tax.)

    If palm releases a good t-mobile handset, come august, I'll give this plan to my brother(so he can renew for an iphone), and buy that phone unlocked, and use it on one of the two new networks.
  7. #107  
    Doesn't sound like marketing material to me either. Hardware wise iPad will surpass this as soon as they launch a 4G device so HP won't have much a head start.

    The Notion Ink Adam is having all kinds of problems getting off the ground, but frankly the hardware platform (with Pixel Qi screen and hand-friendly design) seems superior to anything out there. They'll be apple to leverage Honeycomb if they can get their act together.

    WebOS/HP better have some compelling cloud services if they want to BEAT iPad. Ecosystem is king and WebOS ain't got it yet. I'm a Palm lover, but facts is facts.
  8. #108  
    Does anyone think the Palm Pre 2 is the "nothing special" phone that is going to be released here and the reason HP hasn't leaked these details is that they know they will lose alot of their audience for the PalmPad if this is found out?
    I'm just saying...
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Doesn't sound like marketing material to me either. Hardware wise iPad will surpass this as soon as they launch a 4G device so HP won't have much a head start.

    The Notion Ink Adam is having all kinds of problems getting off the ground, but frankly the hardware platform (with Pixel Qi screen and hand-friendly design) seems superior to anything out there. They'll be apple to leverage Honeycomb if they can get their act together.

    WebOS/HP better have some compelling cloud services if they want to BEAT iPad. Ecosystem is king and WebOS ain't got it yet. I'm a Palm lover, but facts is facts.
    If HP sees the ipad as a direct competitor and tries to do everything it does, only better, they will fail. They simply aren't Apple, and no other company can get away with certain things Apple does without failing. Directly attacking Apple spec for spec and feature vs feature is suicide.

    HP's only hope is to carve out it's own niche that Apple isn't even trying for, which I anticipate is their plan.
  10. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Does anyone think the Palm Pre 2 is the "nothing special" phone that is going to be released here and the reason HP hasn't leaked these details is that they know they will lose alot of their audience for the PalmPad if this is found out?
    I'm just saying...
    No, it's already been released
  11. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #111  
    @fudge is there any good phones coming out?
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Does anyone think the Palm Pre 2 is the "nothing special" phone that is going to be released here and the reason HP hasn't leaked these details is that they know they will lose alot of their audience for the PalmPad if this is found out?
    I'm just saying...
    I highly doubt it. They will more than likely announce new phones on the 9th but I would almost guarantee their focus is on tablets and the enterprise business.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I highly doubt it. They will more than likely announce new phones on the 9th but I would almost guarantee their focus is on tablets and the enterprise business.
    I think that you are probably right. I just hope that the Palm function gives us something phone related to look forward to.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    No, it's already been released
    No the Pre 2 has yet to come out on Verizon so perhaps they release that on Verizon plus some small phone and then a monster phone for Sprint in May/June?

    It was leaked that the phone was nothing special. IF there was a monster phone, I would think it would show up on one of these leaks so as to generate interest. Plus HP said at one point that they do not want to compete in the phone arena.
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/24/2011 at 08:32 PM.
  15. #115  
    This is starting to sound more like a cross-platform discussion. Can we focus back on the topic?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  16. mateo2's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #116  
    These leaks are awesome. I hope to get the Topaz and a new slate smartphone.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  17. #117  
    Guys, all this splitting of hairs and heading off topic isn't conducive to discussions about the OP about the Topaz leak.

    Statistics discussions can be continued in the Off Topic forum, and apple comparisons can be continued here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-catch-up.html

    Thank you.

    <<thread cleaned>>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/24/2011 at 10:15 PM.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Thank you. I figured it would involve shielding or perhaps some sort of compass calibration like we sometimes need to do as pilots.
    Electronic compasses definitely can be calibrated to account for the magnetic fields in their surroundings. Cars, airplanes, cell phones, etc generate lots of magnetic field background. You could put magnets in the back and it wouldn't be a problem. The speaker magnet is significant, enough to wipe a hotel key (as I learned from experience). So there is already a magnet present.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Guys, all this splitting of hairs and heading off topic isn't conducive to discussions about the OP about the Topaz leak.

    Statistics discussions can be continued in the Off Topic forum, and apple comparisons can be continued here:
    [url]

    Thank you.
    I just realised what thread we were in before you posted, sorry guys.
    Is it possible to move our conversation to another thread or even just delete.

    Anyway: on topic I didn't think I'd be this excited for a tablet but seeing the specs from today and those renders I'm really starting to look forward to being able to spend the better part of a grand on this thing.
  20. #120  
    Already deleted

Posting Permissions