Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Haters going to hate

lets see if my 2 civil comments show on the site.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 01/24/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    How much variation can you honestly have in a pad/slate device?
    Quote Originally Posted by danipoak View Post
    How much variation can you honestly have in a pad/slate device?
    Take a look at all the Android devices, and then get back to me! Not saying that they're great, by any means, but there's certainly room for innovation and variation.
    What do you expect? It's a biased Apple blog. Not to mention, we don't know how close this is to being a final product.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    This is mostly accurate. I've seen a similar document.
    Fine, I'll bite. What's inaccurate?
    I mean the site is called 9to5mac. What did you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Take a look at all the Android devices, and then get back to me! Not saying that they're great, by any means, but there's certainly room for innovation and variation.
    There really is not a whole lot of difference in the look of all the android devices. Especially when you are getting into the world of next to no physical buttons.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I find it funny how the Apple supporters who commented on this article seem rabid, almost fanatical, about completely bashing the Topaz and, for that matter, the combined reputations of HP and/or Palm. So stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Not meant to crap on HP, I most likely will buy one as I dont like iOS or android... BUT

Here are some things that are concerning to me:

A8 CPU single core (dont care when people say thats all you need)
    The engadget link on the precentral article mentions that it is a dual core.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    er, hate to burst your bubble, but even if every single pre user left sprint it would hardly be called a 'mass exit'.
    I'm sorry, but with today's profit margins, can anyone afford to lose ~ 1 million customers?

I am using numbers I have seen on this forum that there are ~ 2 million Palm Pre/pixi customers out there and assuming Sprint is at least half of that. I would not be surprised if some have already left.

As for mass exit, what about the current lossed to Verizon and the iPhone? I'd say it's in Sprint's best interest to hold tight to every customer.

BTW - My brother is one less. His Sprint pre now sits in a drawer since he moved to the EVO.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Ok for everyone who is saying that the specs are not enough for an upcoming tablet I did a little research and it appears to me that it does in fact stack up for the most part. The processor will be the fastest in tablet at 1.2Ghz (1GHz for Ipad and Xoom), It GPU capabilities are much better at 88million triangles/sec versus the Ipad (28m) and just short of the Xoom (90m). In every other category it is the same as Ipad (resolution, harddrive, size, weight, sensors) it is equivalent. Better in ram and front facing camera (not there in ipad). In relation to the Xoom it falls short in memory, resolution, front facing camera. Some of these might have been increased since the documents where first typed but what we can expect is that the Ipad 2 will likely keep the screen resolution the same and increase the ram and add at least a front facing camera. I think the biggest things that needs to change is the front facing camera MP, ram (double it) and making sure there is HDMI out and DLNA support. None of the others will be able to claim better sound quality than HP since it will include Beats. So it seems that even with whats on paper now HP can compete with Ipad 2 but fall a little short of the Xoom. But screen resolution at these specs IMHO will be something that the user will not be that big of a deal on devices this small.
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    I find it funny how the Apple supporters who commented on this article seem rabid, almost fanatical, about completely bashing the Topaz and, for that matter, the combined reputations of HP and/or Palm. So stupid.
    That happens on almost every internet forum... Just ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Anyone that thinks they need 1080p on a 10" screen is out of their mind.

Plan to watch movies with your nose 4" from the screen or you won't notice.

Not to mention it would nearly double the cost.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Many people are sitting at home watching Cable at 720p and don't know or care.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Many people are sitting at home watching Cable at 720p and don't know or care.
    eh, im on 1080i :P
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    The engadget link on the precentral article mentions that it is a dual core.
    After I did my research, I did notice that, Im sorry...

I wished there was a SD card slot, HDMI, 1440x900 display and a way to have 2 cards "active" at the same time for desktop like multitasking
    Also, there seems to be now way to rotate the screen and use the gesture area in landscape mode as we all thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    After I did my research, I did notice that, Im sorry...

I wished there was a SD card slot, HDMI, 1440x900 display and a way to have 2 cards "active" at the same time for desktop like multitasking
    The stuff posted on P\C mentions an SD card slot and mini-HDMI.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The stuff posted on P\C mentions an SD card slot and mini-HDMI.
    but is that only through the touchstone v2? and not on the device?