Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BTW On the Sheet it's GB 16/32/64 GB so it was fudge that mistyped
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Pretty neat; hope there is expandable storage; it's a crime if there isn't lol

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I hope HP goes all in like the docs suggest. I love the cloud storage concept and would for sure pay a yearly fee, I already pay flickr $25 a year, to have all my music, photos, docs available to all of my devices at any time.

Not sure the need for a higher resolution on a small tablet. If they can get this device out and some new phones that really work together before blackberry they could really gain some ground.
    HP is also making space for carrier customization as well.
    Thoughts on this?
    There is some information to pay for my apps / signature in my cellphone bill??

And MORE important... there is some information if gonna be release to ALL WORLD??????????? :?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yep, it will pick up a slight bit of magnetization. The phone would need to have a shield between the charging electronics and the rest of the phone.
    Thank you. I figured it would involve shielding or perhaps some sort of compass calibration like we sometimes need to do as pilots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    BTW On the Sheet it's GB 16/32/64 GB so it was fudge that mistyped
    You could say he fudged that one huh..?

(Sorry fudge, I always get the 'too early' joke)
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Thoughts on this?
    Sure. It means that if the carrier would like to turn off certain features, mobile hotspot, or only make certain features work if you buy a certain plan, sms, mms.

Carriers are going to try to monetize the H out of everything.

Just look at what At&t will be doing with LTE plans. They're going to created LTE plans based on speeds and plans based on Gbs.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    wow just looking at the benchmark test of the adreno 200, and 205 against the current major GPU chipset SGX540. Looking at the results it shows that the adreno 205 was faster in alot of cases, then other test shows (on smartphones) with the G2 using the adreno 205 chipset actually outclass the galaxy s which has the SGX540 in it. Now claims state that the new adreno 220 will be leaps in performance over the current 205, so this gives you a idea of how strong the GPU chipset HP is using in the topaz, and hopefully their smartphone devices.

GPU showdown – Adreno 205 (MSM7230 in HTC G2) vs PowerVR SGX540 (Hummingbird in Samsung Galaxy S) | Android Evolutions - Experience the Evolution of Android with the latest in News

OpenGL ES 2.0 benchmark: Adreno 205 vs SGX540 / HTC Desire HD vs Samsung Galaxy S | MobileTechWorld
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    wow just looking at the benchmark test of the adreno 200, and 205 against the current major GPU chipset SGX540. Looking at the results it shows that the adreno 205 was faster in alot of cases, then other test shows (on smartphones) with the G2 using the adreno 205 chipset actually outclass the galaxy s which has the SGX540 in it. Now claims state that the new adreno 220 will be leaps in performance over the current 205, so this gives you a idea of how strong the GPU chipset HP is using in the topaz, and hopefully their smartphone devices.

GPU showdown Adreno 205 (MSM7230 in HTC G2) vs PowerVR SGX540 (Hummingbird in Samsung Galaxy S) | Android Evolutions - Experience the Evolution of Android with the latest in News

OpenGL ES 2.0 benchmark: Adreno 205 vs SGX540 / HTC Desire HD vs Samsung Galaxy S | MobileTechWorld
    this is good news... I'm excited
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    2 weeks can't come early enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Even then, how would you use a 10" tablet balanced on a 2" disk?
    My crazy idea: two inductive ports on the tablet, 1/4 from each end. Then use two Touchstones for "fast" charging & to hold it securely in place. Landscape only.
    Last edited by jakerome; 01/24/2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo
    hmmm....slightly worried here...not that the specs are bad but they are not amazing either. I have a feeling the Ipad 2 is going to be awesome and the Xoom is looking pretty nice. Perhaps this will win when it comes down to price. Really the only thing great about this tablet is webOS which Palm did a HORRIBLE job of marketing.... I am in the market to buy a tablet and the three big condenders for me are this one, Ipad 2 and Xoom.....if there was a nice new WebOS phone that integrated well with the new WebOS tablet(wifi only version) then that would probably lock it in for me (on Sprint). but the rumors of a super high res screen on the Ipad2 sound pretty nice as well....love having multiple choices.
    interesting news, how did you get it?
    <This Page is Blank>
    Not meant to crap on HP, I most likely will buy one as I dont like iOS or android... BUT

Here are some things that are concerning to me:

A8 CPU single core (dont care when people say thats all you need)
    OK GPU
    Only 8 hours battery life in "Ideal" conditions (might be why we are using A8 CPU)
    No Camera on back of Tablet
    Low resolution screen (No 1080p?)
    Still paltry app store (more important for tablet than for my pre)

To be fair, some things I am looking forward to:

Full set of sensors (gyroscope etc)
    Gorilla Glass
    Touchstone v2
    dual band wifi
    and mainly: webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    hmmm....slightly worried here...not that the specs are bad but they are not amazing either. I have a feeling the Ipad 2 is going to be awesome and the Xoom is looking pretty nice. Perhaps this will win when it comes down to price. Really the only thing great about this tablet is webOS which Palm did a HORRIBLE job of marketing.... I am in the market to buy a tablet and the three big condenders for me are this one, Ipad 2 and Xoom.....if there was a nice new WebOS phone that integrated well with the new WebOS tablet(wifi only version) then that would probably lock it in for me (on Sprint). but the rumors of a super high res screen on the Ipad2 sound pretty nice as well....love having multiple choices.
    Why is it not amazing? It is 1.2 GHz dual core scorpian with advanced power gating and Adreno 220 which should be much faster than SGX 540 or Tegra 2 ULP.

The only thing not great is the amount of RAM (1 GB should be minimum) however 512 Mb should not have any problems either.
    #5, no.

No one wants another "subscription", just make it $399 outright. That or I'm not buying it no matter how pretty you make it.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Those specs were apparently created long ago. They are probably different now, probably just one of many expected, and maybe even a red herring to make sure everyone is blown away on the 9th.

Other than the screen resolution, I think it sounds pretty good, actually. However, I can't believe they would offer all those memory options. Memory is cheap. They should think like Acura does... one model, all options included, great performance, competitive price, one SKU to manufacture and inventory.

Simple. That's a good thing when there are new android pads under $200 being launched every week from Chinese companies that no one has ever heard of...
    Anyone that thinks they need 1080p on a 10" screen is out of their mind.

Plan to watch movies with your nose 4" from the screen or you won't notice.

Not to mention it would nearly double the cost.

This is mostly accurate. I've seen a similar document.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast