Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Doesn't seem like any reason to call this real or fake. It's clearly just a strategy sheet - a list of what if recommended and necessary in the product to be developed. It likely accopanied the renderings we saw last week (just a guess). Both give a glimpse of what it COULD be, but does not indicate what IS (which could be worse, but could definitely be better).
    I like the part at the top where it lists storage options as 16mb/32mb/64mb of storage...

Quote Originally Posted by fudge View Post

1. Specs:
    Processor - Qualcomm MSM8660 @ 1.2 Ghz
    Panel - 9.7" XGA (1024 x 768) w/IPS Wide Viewing Angle: 80/80/80/80 EZ-clean coating
    Memory - 512MB (DDR2)
    Storage - 16/32/64MB (3 options) <--- 5 to 10 song capacity!
    Graphics - Integrated graphics (OpenGL/OpenGL-ES 2.0)
    Comm - Dual Band WiFi 802.11bgn + Bluetooth combo Optional WWAN+GPS SKU <---must be a verizon sku?
    Input Devices - Capactive multi-touch display, Accelerometer, eCompass, <---what is an "eCompass" and is it better than an "iCompass"?

Full size SIM card slot (on optional WWAN SKUs), Internal stereo speakers, Touchstone inductive charging and tap-to-share <<can't wait to see how they balance a 10" tablet on a 2" slanted puck...>>
    Cameras - 1.3MP webcam (user facing)

2. Topaz MUST support Palm’s Touchstone technology for inductive charging. In addition, Topaz MUST support Touchstone v2, which adds one or more communications coils that can enable “tap”-to-share use cases <--what would be a use-case for "tap to share" that required a touchstone? Sitting in starbucks, tapping the screen wouldn't work? You say to your friend, "Hold on, let me whip out my touchstone, find a plug, set my PalmPad on it, and then it will initiate sharing... now if I can only find a plug..."

Color me skeptical
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/24/2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Honest, I'm not here making all this up...I've got kids to look after and a job
    Ill file this under grain o salt, because theres no information in here that hasn't already been mentioned. So unless you scan a document in. Eh.

Honestly if you really wanted to you could just fake a scan also. So good lucK!
    Honest, I'm not here making all this up...I've got kids to look after and a job
    Where do you live, and how did you get this? Attach a scan of the document?
  5.    #25  
    Dieter Bohn now has the doc
    Don't think there's anything good or bad about it. Reads like a draft of a concept sheet that didn't get edited or formalized in form or fashion. Nothing new or revelatory. The iPad fixation is a good sign...I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Don't think there's anything good or bad about it. Reads like a draft of a concept sheet that didn't get edited or formalized in form or fashion. Nothing new or revelatory. The iPad fixation is a good sign...I guess?
    Could be true. But if that was written by a college educated product manager... and kept around for this long... and probably scribbled on a napkin... it doesn't give me confidence that the design is coming from the brightest bulb in the fixture...
    well, 512 mb RAM is twice as much as the iPad has...
    This does sound like a wish list - marketing departments typically create those in order to help product teams. Hope we can see the actual doc (w/o HP getting their panties in a bunch).
    I see pandas.
    assuming this leak is legit - which I'm not assuming it is - are you the same guy who leaked the pictures?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    this is fake! Don't believe it. For storage it says 16/32/64MB. I don't think marketing documents would contain such errors
    Then you have little or no experience with marketing docs.
    LTE??!!?? I guess us Sprint WiMax users are goning to get hosed again. HPalm I hope this isn't the case. And to Sprint.....u maybe looking @ a mass exit of WebOS users if any of the other carriers get the goods before Sprint does.
    er, hate to burst your bubble, but even if every single pre user left sprint it would hardly be called a 'mass exit'.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Dieter Bohn now has the doc
    OK, then.

Well, what do you think Dieter? Plausible?, Confirmed?!? ...or, BUSTED!?

Although, if this IS how the Topaz turns out, I will HAVE to have one. (WiFi only, no extra data plan's for me)

Re:low storage, although I'm personally not a "fan" of having everything on the cloud, that's where HP is headed. If everything IS on the cloud, the portable devices don't need tons of on-board storage.

As long as I can keep a back-up of all my data on a home computer, I'm O.K. w/ this "cloud" concept.
    Last edited by ToddK; 01/24/2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    LTE??!!?? I guess us Sprint WiMax users are goning to get hosed again. HPalm I hope this isn't the case. And to Sprint.....u maybe looking @ a mass exit of WebOS users if any of the other carriers get the goods before Sprint does.
    No offense, but Sprint's fortunes have only improved since they eschewed incremental WebOS hardware upgrades and went all-in on the Evo brand. I think they'll weather any "mass exodus".

It's probably no one's fault. HP seems oriented to GSM/HSPA/LTE, and that's how it will probably remain for the foreseeable future. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No offense, but Sprint's fortunes have only improved since they eschewed incremental WebOS hardware upgrades and went all-in on the Evo brand. I think they'll weather any "mass exodus".

It's probably no one's fault. HP seems oriented to GSM/HSPA/LTE, and that's how it will probably remain for the foreseeable future. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    The evo won't hold sprint for long.. With the iphone and many android handets/tablets headed to both vzw and att.. Sprint Does need this

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    This sounds like somebody wrote up notes from a marketing meeting that happened early on in the design. Those guys are not necessarily all that technical and they're just notes, not a released document. Seems pretty legit to me.

Must = required
    Should = nice to have, but not required

Pretty standard (we use shall and should in our requirements)
    Quote Originally Posted by concept2 View Post
    Good read. The article pointed a an important diff between nVidia's Tegra 2 and Qualcoms equivalent chip.

Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    The evo won't hold sprint for long.. With the iphone and many android handets/tablets headed to both vzw and att.. Sprint Does need this

Yep. Sprint needs HP webOS and Win Phone 7. The less they have to offer when compared to V & At&t the more they'll look like they lack the latest & greatest.

Evo is only one piece of Sprint's puzzle. They need to be able to combat ATT & V across multiple hardware platforms.

Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast