Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    what better way to "double" your sales....besides selling them individually, they should offer bundles. Palmpad 9" + phone for $499. Market the ecosystem as a bundle with a killer price.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    what better way to "double" your sales....besides selling them individually, they should offer bundles. Palmpad 9" + phone for $499. Market the ecosystem as a bundle with a killer price.
    Killer price for killing profitability! also you instantly degrade the brand value of each device because if you start off selling them as a bundle out of the gate you suggest that there is something that stinks about both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Killer price for killing profitability! also you instantly degrade the brand value of each device because if you start off selling them as a bundle out of the gate you suggest that there is something that stinks about both of them.
    there is that risk associated there but there are ways around it. A fantastic marketing campaign, and making it a 'limited time' offer could counter act this.

That said, $499 is waaaaay to cheap for a bundle. Insane really. When chances are the phone itself will probably be worth atleast $500 unsubsidized.
    In the cutthroat electronics biz, taking a loss for a while is often the best way to crack into the market. Every time a game console is released, Sony or Microsoft lose over $100 on every console sold for at least a year.
    Great Idea! - this would be a good way to get the point over to the public that the ecosystem will sync a user’s profile, apps and files automatically across all webOS devices.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    well if they sold a bundle that cheap it would have to include a 3 or 4 year contract lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I think if the carrier did a bundle and you could pay one price for the Pad and Phone and also one bill that made it nice and cheap then maybe but just HP offering them in a pack who really cares unless there is a nice big discount!
    a cashback-system would be better.

Bought a new phone and want a pad? Send the bill and get 100 dollar for the app store (hhahahaa, just a joke, you could buy every app and would have still 10 bucks :P)

And make the cashback only for a short periode, so customer will think they are making the deal of a lifetime.
    Yeah, they should sell it as a bundle, but the price for said bundle would be MORE THAN TWICE what OP assumed for pricing.
    Oh well, it does promote the idea that you need both, so maybe it would work for them.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Oh well, it does promote the idea that you need both, so maybe it would work for them.
    Is that actually a good thing to promote? That they work well together is an advantage but that you need both? That would be the wrong message.
    I love how we speak of the HP ecosystem of WebOS, yet we still have no idea about what that consists of, or if it even works. God, I hope it does.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'd buy that bundle!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    "OK, so you didn't buy the phone last year. So, this year, we decided to bundle it with an HP TouchPad!"
    Exactly! Well, not "exactly" but close. New phones. New devices.

You seem to be implying that people that knew about the phones didn't like them, or saw no redeeming value. I don't think that's the case. New phone bundled with new devices can get people to take a closer look.

If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    I think bundle for savings would be a GREAT Idea!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Rather than (or in addition to) bundling the products out of the gate, I think the more important bundle would be data service from the carriers. If you can convince someone to buy both products out of the gate, great. If not, you only have to convince them of one device at a time. If HP is going to push the continuous cloud client, data plans are going to be a huge selling (or hindrance) point.

Maybe this is what the Sprint event is for, announcing combined data packages for phone/tablets. Probably not, but fun to guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Yeah, they should sell it as a bundle, but the price for said bundle would be MORE THAN TWICE what OP assumed for pricing.
    More then twice? I DOUBT hp would sell a bundle for over a 1000 dollars. Hp's tablet has to compete with the ipad. It doesnt have the apps or mindshare to cost more. Even the 64 gig plus a 200 dollar phone would equal 1k and that wouldnt be a discount. I say bundle the 32 gig (normally 450 (good price) and phone (normally 200 (average high end smartphone) and bundle it for 550 and offer 50 dollar app store gift card. Make the app store gift card a limited time only. For people who pre order, make a 600$ bundle for a 64g tab. Id like to see some research on what it costs to make phones and the proposed specs on palmpad. Would helpe determine what prices would be good for bundles
    Considering apple is apple im not sure how comparable these numbers are, but it costs 190ish to make an iphone 4, and 260ish to make an ipad. Lets round them up to 200, and 300. Phones will sell at a subsidy not sure about tablets. Say phone costs 599 originally, i beleive they make 400 off subsidy (right?) and phone price covers cost to make. As far as tablet goes 450 for something that could cost 300, basically they would not make a profit off the pad. Thus in a long term it would be stupid to have bundles which save too much thus the single price will have to be higher, or make the bundle less of a deal. The bundle has to benefit the company. Initially it could be a deal but not a perminant one, just one to get new folks in the door.
    Increased volume and mind share is the benefit with the product bundle.

One reason webos could pull off the bundle, and it makes marketing sense, is the continuous client. If the iPad and iPhone exist in their data silos there is no value created to the consumer in terms of the bundled package besides the savings. If the products work in tandem and complement each other, bundling could be great, it would highlight the one (potential) huge advantage webos currently has over Apple.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast