View Poll Results: What size PalmPad would you buy?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 inch (Opal)

32 16.41%
  • 10 (9.7) inch (Topaz)

147 75.38%
  • Both

9 4.62%
  • Neither/Other

7 3.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    None. I want a convertible with a real keyboard like the tm2
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    None. I want a convertible with a real keyboard like the tm2
    yep, this. one reason i've stayed with palm phones is bcoz of the physical keyboard. it's disappointing to me there won't be one, but i know i'm the minority in this case. i can't imagine a person could comfortably use a screen keyboard very long?

physical kb: you know where home row is without looking.
    screen kb: will your fingers wander as you're tapping?

physical kb: the keys have "give", so your fingers dont get fatigued.
    screen kb: you're tapping on a hard surface.

my sprint kindle, my pre, my past treo650 - i've appreciated having a real keyboard on them all & would not prefer those kind of devices without one. i realize having a real keyboard increases the size and is definitely not for everybody. having said all that, i'm still excited about the touchpad & would like the larger one over the smaller. i'm always thinking towards convergence and having to carry less to do more, so something closer to a laptop replacement is nice.

just looked up what the tm2 is, and that's really nice! it's a slate when you want that, and a laptop for when you want that. i'd be worried the swively/turny hinge would give out at some point.

i've seen 3rd party add-ons for a physical slidey keyboard for the iphone. maybe something similar to that will show up for the touchpad.
    For keyboards, there was the article recently about a BT keyboard. That would be nice to have, but I don't know if I'd use it except when travelling (hoping the 2 items + case would be more compact & lighter than a notebook)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    They need to make a keyboard as an option.. there is a real market for this, especially with old PalmOS people. My T|X has a BT keyboard.

I would get the 9" or 10", whatever the bigger one is.. along one of the 2.0 phones.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

7" - if theyll have the same resolution Im for better pixel density and more portability.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    7" - if theyll have the same resolution Im for better pixel density and more portability.
    Yup.
    I choose the 9-10" i played with the Samsung 7" and I find it to small, I had EVO before and there is really no difference between the two, the 9-10" is better for pad, the 7" feels like a phone.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 7" and 10" devices are radically different. Rumors have that the 10" might be released within a month or so, while the 7" won't be released until september.

It seems odd that the 7" tablet would be so far behind the 10" one, unless it is radically different. For example, the 7" tablet might be geared more towards the "e-reader" market with a color e-ink display. Mirasol based tablets/displays should be shipping in the fall, so it's not inconceivable that HP is using technology along those lines.
    Using mostly as a email and webpage viewer at work and a book reader outside of work. The more real estate (that can be easily held in a hand or in a dock) the better.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Same here. I have an iPad and it's mostly used for reading (books, rss, web pages etc). I can't wait to switch to something smaller. I hope the 7" supports a stylus so I can use it as a digital notepad too.
    tough one... i'm leaning toward the 7" tablet because i don't like to carry large items around. i'm a compact and swift traveler so the smaller the better. i can't really see HP doing two different versions of the OS on these tablets, so i'm not worried that the 7" will be just a giant phone in terms of user interface/experience as it is with the galaxy tab.
    7" - because I'd actually like to be able to take it with me & use it in public & not look like a total ****
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    7" - because I'd actually like to be able to take it with me & use it in public & not look like a total ****

And 3 inches is making that difference?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    And 3 inches is making that difference?
    it really does.
    I'm going for the big one! I don't own a laptop and 10" tablet will cover all my needs (web, email, videos, textprocessing and reading lots of pdfs) - a 7" tablet just isn't enough of a difference to the sure to come bigger phones for me. (I'm still hoping for a 3,7-4" Pre formfactor )
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    10".

That, plus X-Windows and maybe a decent bluetooth keyboard (depending on how I deal with the onscreen one), and I've got kick-**** mobile access to the systems I need to access & manage.
    7 for sure! I have the iPad and played with the galaxy, I can't stand my iPad's size now that I played with the Tab.
    I just bought an Archos 7" internet tablet [not the home tablet] and I have to say I really like the size, especially for it's portability. I can stash it in my coat pocket and take it into meetings to take notes. I can grasp it in one hand and still type with the other - the on screen keyboard is really functional. If I didn't have the Archos I would probably opt for the 7" webOS tablet. But since I have a 7" device, when the time comes I would probably opt for the 10". I can see where that size could have some real advantages in some situations.
  19.    #59  
    Added a link to an article about this in op.
    Like the others it depends to a large extent on what the phone hardware I will be using. If I have a bigger slab phone then would go with the bigger tablet. If somehow somebody can convince me to go smaller form-factor with the phone, then the 7in might be ok.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast