Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It feels as if HP is very confident in their event on the 9th, but why isn't there any hype advertisement other than the engadget viral? The common folk don't go to engadget, they watch TV. Remember the droid hype campaign? That obviously worked. Anybody have information on HP advertising?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    It feels as if HP is very confident in their event on the 9th, but why isn't there any hype advertisement other than the engadget viral? The common folk don't go to engadget, they watch TV. Remember the droid hype campaign? That obviously worked. Anybody have information on HP advertising?
    No ones advertising anything before announcing it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Galaxy S was heavily advertised, as was MotoDroid, and VZW is advertising LTE.

It's a viable strategy, but not the only one. I just hope they advertise like mad starting on the 10th, buy superbowl ads, and especially that they come up with effective (and funny) ads and no more highbrow esoteric intellectual image ads with dancing monks or creepy girls that have nothing to do with what the phone can do for prospective buyers...

Just sayin
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    No ones advertising anything before announcing it.
    Yea, but a hype that doesn't show the product, but gets people thinking "whats coming?"
    Just give some more of this, and I'm sure it will be a success:

Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    They need to do a good advertising campaign this time around, but there's no point in advertising for an ANNOUNCEMENT. You're right, the common folk don't read engadget...they also don't check out live blogs or anxiously await quick blog reviews of a tech event either.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    They need to do a good advertising campaign this time around, but there's no point in advertising for an ANNOUNCEMENT. You're right, the common folk don't read engadget...they also don't check out live blogs or anxiously await quick blog reviews of a tech event either.

Ohh reading that put some sense into my mind.... their advertising hype could begin a month before the release, not a month before an announcement. pshh
    this info thats coming out is advertising enough !! for now .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's really the brand that needs advertised. Touchpad is a good choice. Not a throwaway brand. And good to see them shelf the Palm name for now if indeed they have.

As long as HP can get the name to stand out by itself, that's the battle. iPad, touchpad, the other zillion android brands of which only a few will stand out.
    I think they (HP & Palm) should wait until after they have announced something before advertising it. Save the money until you actually have something tangible to talk about then do a media wide blitz to get the public expectations up before the devices actually launch. My 6 months of anticipation waiting for the Pre to launch after CES 2009 was a very exciting time for me.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I definitely think that they should wait until they actually announce something. But again, advertising only creates brand awareness. There is still the need to make the customer aware of why they should buy your product. I don't think that hipsters doing gestures back and forth on the screen is enough to elevate the brand. Tell me why I need it and why the competitors can't do what you can do even if they can do what you can do.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I agree. I think building up some anticipation for the product after its announcement then yeah thats great but before it just going to be a real dull tease ad with no content and no real point!