Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    i need something to replace my lappie cause i've no need for more than 2 devices, so unless it has a kickstand and bluetooth keyboard compatibility... but i definitely want to see the devices and platform succeed!
    If I get one, I plan on using it to:
    1. read e-books and other digital publications
    2. possibly use at work
    3. entertain myself on trips
    4. use as a portable gaming platform (assuming it has a good stand and support for controllers)
    The ONLY thing I could imagine using a tablet for would be for watching movies when I travel, however, I rarely travel, therefore cannot justify spending multiple hundreds of dollars on an over sized smart phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    The ONLY thing I could imagine using a tablet for would be for watching movies when I travel, however, I rarely travel, therefore cannot justify spending multiple hundreds of dollars on an over sized smart phone.
    That's very wise. If you have no idea what else you could do with a tablet other than watch movies, you're definitely better off without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I was about to type the same thing, although the wife would like one for eBooks and I guess I could also use it as a dev device, although the apps I have made so far, they don't make sense on a tablet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    For my wife (likely the 9" version):
    No traveling, so it will likely replace how she currently uses our aging laptop...
    - Kindle app (hopefully)
    - Recipes
    - Netflix / Amazon VOD Streaming
    - Recipes
    - Web Browsing
    - Weather
    - Skype (hopefully)

For Me:
    I travel. Alot. So likely the 7" version for me.
    - Kindle App
    - Netflix / Amazon VOD
    - Basic Doc Editing
    - Web Browsing

If these work out well, they we ditch the laptop and get a nice desktop machine.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Main reason I would use a tablet form-factor is to paint using a wacom type pen.
    For me, the killer app is the aforementioned Evernote. I rely upon it heavily for all sorts of vital information I have stashed away in it. There is an online version so I can access it with my Pre, but the screen is just too small. I can access it on my desktop, if I am at home and if I am willing to wait while the blasted thing boots up.

The ability to access it instantly anywhere on a tablet would be exceedingly useful.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    For #4: [url= Course Assistant Apps: Step-By-Step Homework Help[/url]
    This app uses the power of the wolfram alpha search engine, but is not suitable for creating a worksheet for engineering and data analysis.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456