Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With bigger screen, internet will be a frequently used function, and it has to be better than the one on the pre/pre+.

Problems woth current browser:

1. Image with higher resolution will not be displayed.

2. Can't remember passwords

3. No download manager, this has to be combined with a file manager

4. No text reflow when zooming, this would be more important for the 7 inch one

5. find in page [Thanks autodidact, this is such an important one that I can't believe I forgot]
    Last edited by clevin; 01/19/2011 at 06:11 PM.
    mail, maps, youtube, as well.
    I had the Evo for a bit and i did not like Text wrapping. I much prefer the way that webOS handles web pages. That being said it may be required for larger screens, but that slight hesitation bothered me when it was doing its thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I had the Evo for a bit and i did not like Text wrapping. I much prefer the way that webOS handles web pages. That being said it may be required for larger screens, but that slight hesitation bothered me when it was doing its thing.
    Personally, I love the text wrapping. It's much better than constantly scrolling back and forth when you're trying to read something. lol

If HP does decide to add that feature, I'm sure they'll include the option to turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If HP does decide to add that feature, I'm sure they'll include the option to turn it off.
    Or patched to turn it off if they don't!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Personally, I love the text wrapping. It's much better than constantly scrolling back and forth when you're trying to read something. lol

I dont do a ton of reading on my pre, but i cant think of one site where just being zoomed in on the text was not enough. Up and down scrolling yes, but not horizontal. Lets just hope they turn on the GPU (is it turned on in 2.0 i have heard different things) and make it work with out the hesitation.
    Search in currently viewed page text is definitely what I need and want the most!
    use preware to enhance your browsing experience
    How about copying what text you want off a web page instead of the whole paragraph or page? That would be nice!
    Global Posts
    987 Global Posts
    Last I heard, webos 2.0 on the pre2 DROPPED a whole point on the acid3 test
    The browsing experience isn't bad, it just needs a little TLC

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I don't see the need of the text reflow especially for either size tablet. I can see a small need for it on something the size of a Pre or Pixi but once you get to the 7" size block zoom without a text reflow what I'd want to use.
    It really makes such a huge difference. I tested out the EVO and EVO Shift 4G during the 30-day period, and I absolutely loved text reflow in the browsers. I think it makes a huge difference, not just for larger screens, but smaller ones, too, like the Pre. I sincerely hope HP-Palm improves the browser this way.
    The most important thing it needs: Follow the damn cursor! It's horrible to blind type.
    Also need to fix they greying out issue. Several times a day I will randomly get it at the bottom of a page and will have to close out the browser.

Also, for the tablet, remove the zoom in on text boxes.
    improving the keyboard is a greater must
    When I first got my Pre I thought the browsing experience was WAY better than what I had on previous phones using their mobile browsers or Opera mobile.

Not many updates have occurred since then (story of webOS, isn't it?)

Overall, it's still a pretty good browser, but the small quirks that everyone has mentioned kill the experience a little bit. Hopefully these will be fixed.

And maybe we'll get a third party browser also.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    A vertical scroll bar would be really nice.

Also, they need to come up with an easy way to scroll within frames. It's clunky enough holding the orange key on a physical keyboard.
    I'm sooo anxious for February 9th, I hope HP meets/beats our expectations and addresses the existing platform issues.

the browser can't load my college website /portal which is SOO frustrating and annoying. fix that y'all!
    I mentioned this in the PC news article too, but what about image uploading - to services other than HP's? That would be a nice addition to the browser as well, especially if they are going to make a digital camera connectible.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast