Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How about a scroll bar? I'd love the ability to see my position within the screen. This is something that needs to be added across the board in webOS, not just the browser.
    The webOS browser really needs something like Dolphin's gestures... They really improve the web browser experience. You can see a video demonstrating how it works here (jump to 0:52):
    Fix the checkered boarding.

Sfm Evo
    I think it would be nice if it didn't refresh the page when I pressed the back button or swiped, this would be an option of course though but I rarely need to "refresh" the page when I go back.

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    A vertical scroll bar would be really nice.

Also, they need to come up with an easy way to scroll within frames. It's clunky enough holding the orange key on a physical keyboard.
    There's a patch for that but honestly, I never even tried it 'cuz I don't think it would be as fast as using gestures (or shift + backspace if you want to get back to the top of the page quickly)...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by matthiaswh View Post
    And maybe we'll get a third party browser also.
    Sure.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    How about a scroll bar? I'd love the ability to see my position within the screen. This is something that needs to be added across the board in webOS, not just the browser.
    Don't you feel like Palm is ignoring this one completely? I've been saying this since way before webOS came out. We need some publicity on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Don't you feel like Palm is ignoring this one completely? I've been saying this since way before webOS came out. We need some publicity on this!
    Something that looks similar to the scroll bar on iOS? Shows up when you scroll, small and out of the way, disappears when viewing?
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Something that looks similar to the scroll bar on iOS? Shows up when you scroll, small and out of the way, disappears when viewing?
    Frankly, I'd prefer something visible all the time, but I know that takes up valuable real estate. As long as I could grab ahold of the scrollbar when it's visible and drag it wherever I want, that would be acceptable. I *hate* endlessly flicking through long lists that don't accept keyboard input!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I think there is a patch that enables that functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Yes. I used it for a while, but I don't remember it ever getting added to Preware. I see there's one there now, guess I'll reinstall it. There was talk of adding the drag funtionality, but I never saw it happen.
    The only patch I know of adds a indicator only scroll bar - no movement via bar just positional indicator.
    So what's stopped third-party browsers from being developed these last several months? Are there still missing APIs that are needed or has no one really been trying?

If not then maybe some of the people complaining should either start harassing the third-party developers into building ports or start working on developing a port of one of the open-source browsers themselves.
    as a developer i must say that i have run intu several issues with the webkit in webos 1.x browser. especially when you try to cross the border between web page and web app.

there is really bad support for all html5-, viewport- and touch-related things right now. so all the things and comfortable tool that you have developing a webos app within the mojo framework and the underlying browser runtime should be available for web loaded documents too.

both on ios and webos there is a lot of hackery built in introducing such things like a virtual viewport that (must) act different from a desktop browser aiming the best mobile experience tradeoff for desktop targeting web sites. in ios its possible to create really rich and dynamic widgets, controls and forms while in webos you can do nearly nothing right now.

i mean technologies utilized by jqtouch, jquerymobile and sencha touch. especially i mean fixed viewport elements, scrollable elements and touch events.

i remember webos 2 claims better html5 support so i hope at least some pains i have will get cured
    well of course to me its hard to say since noone has even seen the browser they have for either tablet yet, let alone the OS version that will be OTA to the smartphones. Theirs def room for improvement as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    So what's stopped third-party browsers from being developed these last several months? Are there still missing APIs that are needed or has no one really been trying?

If not then maybe some of the people complaining should either start harassing the third-party developers into building ports or start working on developing a port of one of the open-source browsers themselves.
    I'm working on a version of Universe for webOS. I have some developing improvements in mind.
    Did you know:

17.    #37  
    any news on the touchpad browser
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Yep there's a patch for that and it's quite good. Perfect actually. Mimics the Android scoll bar.
    Great suggestions and I hope they make browsing seamless and super easy since I suspect we'll be using it alot.

Anyone else having problems in web browser with forums using Disqus interface? Sorli
    One more vote for Text Reflow from me. I don't necessarly care about on the tablet, but it needs to be on all their phones. It's silly (and hard on my eyes) to be scrolling back and forth over and over because I had to zoom in to make the text big enough to read.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast