Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    alright, i dont have any proof, but engadget just released info on the new tap sharing feature

from engadget
    The survey also mentions "Tap-to-Share." A feature that lets users easily transfer a website, document, or song from the phone to the tablet (or vice versa) simply by tapping the two devices together -- something previously hinted at in the last bullet on this slide which describes an ability to seamlessly move app and content experiences from phone or PC to slate.

now, way back when HP bought palm i had this idea, in fact I'm pretty sure i posted on pre-central about it, but cant find the earlier one.

what I did find is ones from way back in July

Now i'm not saying that they used "my" idea (which is an expansion of some a more limited version found on some other devices), i'm just saying, perhaps they do read precentral. also they should give me a tablet

check it out

Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I want alot of what is already said, but also New Ideas

for example

Bump Cards

feature would allow you to bump your webos device into another and automagically (bluetooth?) transfer a card over with a swipe. IE swipe a card to the printer and BAM! It prints that document. Or swipe from your PalmPad to a friends Pre2 and share any info you would want.

they need ideas nobody knew they wanted, but would actually use, partly for reviewers to say ooh cool!

they should also send out review "ecosystems" not just an individual device, to show how the use of webos across devices can bring a more integrated experience.

and

android 3 is behind the times. without 3d cards and the bump to print feature* they just aren't cutting it. google needs to wake up and realize its 5 months from now.

*seriously, HP how about adding card bumping to the mix. physically "bump" your device into another and it moves to the other device.

bump a card to a printer to print, bump a card to your tablet to transfer it onto your tablet at go from there. it would be awesome! if you decide to do this, could you let me in on your testing? i would sign an NDA.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2545279-post7.html

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2573496

common palm, you know how to contact me!

EDIT: looks like some other brilliant and actually active people have had a similar idea as well

http://bu.mp/

which makes sense, glad to see HP might be embracing something similar
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/19/2011 at 01:02 PM.
    There are four lights.
    That was the first I was thinking reading this ;-)
    I remember your posts about the idea.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    That was the first I was thinking reading this ;-)
    I remember your posts about the idea.
    yea, it gets me excited to see it I like to entertain the thought that they entertained mine!

now I want HP to bring there enterprise and healthcare strenght to bare and make an integrated webOS UI for EMR that allows a card for each patient. seriously guys, its a powerful idea, if you are thinking of doing this, please feel free to contact me, I do have interests that go well beyond precentral.

and to the guys at HP, if by any (egotistical and enormous) stretch of imagination this was at all inspired by postings here on precentral, let me know!

i don't want anything in return, although a large donation of treated anti-malarial mosquito nets to a few select villages in Tanzania would be welcomed.

in fact, why not donate a few just cause your good people!
    There are four lights.
    and to the guys at HP, if by any (egotistical and enormous) stretch of imagination this was at all inspired by postings here on precentral, let me know!

i don't want anything in return, although a large donation of treated anti-malarial mosquito nets to a few select villages in Tanzania would be welcomed.
    now now...i KNOW you wouldn't pass up an opportunity to receive a PalmPad or new webOS handset (or both). But if they offer and you do, tell 'em to send it my way.
    I'm windzilla, and the Touchpad was my idea.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    lol jbg but I'm pretty sure I remember Windy's first post with the Bump Cards as well
    I second the motion for free freebies
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I thought this feature was on the Zune long ago... ?

But, I'd rather credit it to Windzilla
    Windzilla, you're the man bro. I definitely would not have thought of something like that.
    Wait... one day three years ago I was sitting at a table playing Solitare and I thought, "what if each of these cards represented a new application, and I could easily swipe through them and never have to close them?"

..... Palm has cameras in the forest, high in the mountains? The mind boggles....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    The concept isn't a new one though: Bump iPhone App Review | Appbite.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    "Now i'm not saying that they used "my" idea (which is an expansion of some a more limited version found on some other devices), i'm just saying, perhaps they do read precentral. "

please, no dream killing
  12.    #12  
    right, as i had in my edit, clearly not new.

But this what palm is talking about doing is not just sharing between two friends phones and the like, it is about doing that with an ecosystem of your own devices as well, bumping to print something, or bumping to transfer a file/webpage/music/whatever to from the phone to tablet/netbook. using the card metaphor to allow you to swipe cards from one device to another

that kind of stuff, stuff others are not doing.

in other words, taking some technology that has potential, but is not well developed, and seamlessly integrated, and expanding on it, developing it, and seamlessly integrating it.

which, in my opinion, is what has helped Apple get to where they are, (combined with marketing to convince everyone they "invented" technology X)

HP would be wise to take apples aproche in that particular arena from time to time IMHO
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    right, as i had in my edit, clearly not new.

But this what palm is talking about doing is not just sharing between two friends phones and the like, it is about doing that with an ecosystem of your own devices as well, bumping to print something, or bumping to transfer a file/webpage/music/whatever to from the phone to tablet/netbook. using the card metaphor to allow you to swipe cards from one device to another

that kind of stuff, stuff others are not doing.

in other words, taking some technology that has potential, but is not well developed, and seamlessly integrated, and expanding on it, developing it, and seamlessly integrating it.

which, in my opinion, is what has helped Apple get to where they are, (combined with marketing to convince everyone they "invented" technology X)

HP would be wise to take apples aproche in that particular arena from time to time IMHO
    Yes agreed, take a good idea, and make it usable and relevant for the masses.
  14.    #15  
    Yes agreed, take a good idea, and make it usable and relevant for the masses.
    HP, now Xacto

who dosn't agree with me today!
    It couldn't be better, it really is true
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    lol, I didn't read your [edit]
    I'm a Touchpad and WebOS was my idea!
    Question: If we are bumping these devices against each other... won't that crack the plastic phones and dent the aluminum ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Question: If we are bumping these devices against each other... won't that crack the plastic phones and dent the aluminum ones?
    Not if they have, uh, "bumpers."
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    "You're bumping it wrong."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast