Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    Many of the references to the new Palm Pads note, among other uses, that it will come with ereading capability. Does this just mean Kobo (and pReader, of course), or is there a Kindle in our futures?

I don't mean this as a complaint against Kobo. I happen to love Kobo and will do most of my purchasing with Kobo, even if we get Kindle/Nook for webOS, but I worry about the appeal of the new pads if they don't at least have Kindle access.
    Dw a webOS kindle app is being readied.
    Quote Originally Posted by M0dular View Post
    Dw a webOS kindle app is being readied.
    Can we get a Netflix app (HTML 5) and a few new DVR apps from the likes of Comcast, ATT Uverse and home automation apps.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    An HP/Amazon partnership makes sense, especially since apple and google compete with amazon.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    An HP/Amazon partnership makes sense, especially since apple and google compete with amazon.
    It's make sense bc Jon R is on the Amazon board. So all of the Amazon integration mentioned in the article on the P/C home page make sense.
    I want a B&N nook app. If Kindle comes though B&N will probably want a piece of the pie too.
    Are there any good PDF readers/annotators in webOS? This is the killer feature for me.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    I would bet on a Nook app. HP already has a relationship with B&N: eBooks, Download Free eBooks, eReader - Barnes & Noble and HP
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    I would bet on a Nook app. HP already has a relationship with B&N: eBooks, Download Free eBooks, eReader - Barnes*&*Noble and HP
    Good to know!! Thanks! I got a nook for Christmas and absolutely love it. I would love to be able to read on a palm tablet when I don't have access to my nook, or when my wife "borrows" my nook.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    when my wife "borrows" my nook.
    A little X-rated for this board,,dont you think?
    Although I gotta admit, I wish my wife borrowed my nook more often...
    I am betting on a Kindle app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Why not both Nook and Kindle apps?
    Because a certain someone is on Amazon's board....... But I'm not ruling out a Nook app in response to a Kindle ap turning up. Either way we win!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Why not both Nook and Kindle apps?
    I suspect that there will be both. One of the devs that was at NYC Dev Day mentioned that one of the app devs for Nook was there at Dev Day. So I suspect that you'll see a Nook app.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    Are there any good PDF readers/annotators in webOS? This is the killer feature for me.
    The standard PDF reader on the phone is pretty busted right now. Hopefully it'll get fixed in the next patch.