Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I would say I would agree if we were talking about a small company like Palm. Though with HP, unless anyone knows production hours that are, and will be spent on production, and development of webos and its products I cant really factor out that HP wouldnt be able to support every device it intends to release. Im sure if they are lets say making 5 or 6 different devices, that they can stay on top of all of them.
    Considering HP has sold more than 60 "MILLION" PCs in 2010, I think they can handle 5 or 6 different devices, no?
    HP-Palm would be wise to spend significant amounts of money to incentivize developers to develop for these new devices well in advance of launch. At the very least, some large screen versions (or apps with the ability to morph to fill a larger screen) will be necessary. Not all apps have to do this right away, but we'll need more than a handful.

However, webOS might also gain the functionality to display more than one card at a time. I'm not talking about card view, I'm talking about multiple live apps that you can interact with. What if you could have four cards all up and active at the same time? If it could be done well, that would be pretty significant.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Seamlessly = Magic (according to Steve Jobs and Arthur C. Clarke):

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
    English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - )
    if it's good enough for Clarke..... He's my fav author.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Everybody is buzzing about the tablet leaks, but there is some interesting info partially obscured at the bottom of Engadget's slide of release info. HP's marketing collateral says:

"....forward calls and text messages while your phone charges, seamlessly move app and content experiences from phone or PC to slate".

Interesting, no?
    I hope this also means that the same Palm profile can be used on multiple devices. I would love to be able to sync my profile to multiple devices. Also I don't want to re-purchase apps for each WebOS device. I can understand if the app is majorly changed for a different form factor I may have to buy a new version, but hopefully enyo will make it so that is a rare occurrence. For the record Apple allows iOS apps to run on multiple devices, so if HP does not allow this it may be a deal breaker for me.

This is why I do look forward to a 3rd party app store from Amazon or someone else. I have iOS, WebOS and Android devices. It would be cool if I could buy an app once and run it on all 3. For instance I have Angry Birds on my Pre2, my Nook Color (it's free on Android) and my iPad (and wife's iPhone, son's iPod Touch).
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    This makes me think of some of the various movies and TV shows where an image or item will be on a large screen and the individual will swipe that information off of the larger screen onto a tablet that they can then walk around with to then sit down at an individual console with a dedicated keyboard that they swipe onto.

Part of me really likes the interconnected notion. On the flip side, part of me wonders if I'd rather than a single unit that is the "brains" of all my devices with multiple dummy terminals...ala the atrix.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12