Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Also BGR seems to think atleast one of the tablets is going to be released in july this year.
    I don't think they looked very closely at the year in the image, that would be July 2012
    holy crap, tx modular
    Quote Originally Posted by M0dular View Post
    Topaz and Opal are using a OMAP440 Processor.
    ***** typo....did you mean Omap 4440 or Omap 4430 ?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Mikah is right, these are controlled leaks.

Don't make anything of the UI screenshot on the renders, these are superficial. Tablets are running WebOS 3 and are tablet optimized.
    You sound pretty confident. Just wondering how you know this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    ***** typo....did you mean Omap 4440 or Omap 4430 ?
    4440 would be awesome...
    Mikah is right, these are controlled leaks.

Don't make anything of the UI screenshot on the renders, these are superficial. Tablets are running WebOS 3 and are tablet optimized.
    If i were a dog my ears would have just stood up.
  7. mus
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    I don't think Sprint is listed because they will have 6 month exclusive deal. I suspect Sprint and H/P have the tablet ready for sale 2/9/11.
    Bump.
    I hoping the above theory proves to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    holy crap, tx modular
    not modular, but MOdular (with 2 posts). Not the the same credibility at all.
    Just got a new optimus s for $120.
    See if I can switch or if I have to leave sprint...

Hopefully Palm has been humbled some cause they have no place to be arrogant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Idk i just dont believe this Is recent. Look at the os. New 2.0 uses a just type bar always visbile so that one can easily see it. I doubt it would not be visible on a tablet. If not another giveaway is this launcher bar is different it is the current launcher bar, not the refreshed launchee bar of 2.0. I think it could be old ans just surfacing. Who knows, we will see in a few weeks
    UGHHHHHHH I saw that earlier today and wondered why the Just Type bar wasn't in it, but I guess your explanation calmed my nerves.
    these are some old renders but it should make those clamoring for leaks happy for a day...
    If they wait this long to come out with it, they could call it the Palm Post.
    personally, I will need firefox and a full MS office compatible app to justify a palm pad purchase, otherwise, I will probably be happy with a new palm phone and stick to my android galaxy tab.

The stock browser is weak on the pre, and would be even less impressive on a tablet. It has to be improved drastically to be attractive.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    What blows my mind is that apparently the world's biggest hardware maker can't design and get an iPad competitor to market in less than ~17 months. They bought Palm last April!

You could buy a terrible Chinese knock-off "myPad" tablet for 100 bucks in a freakin Walgreens months ago, yet HP can't dig around in the commodity parts bin from the Slate?
    oh well, they were two years behind Apple on the phone, with tablet it looks like one year ( assuming they release it by March/April 2011) while in the middle of this brutal Android onslaught. I guess its impressive that they came with the tablet. The issue is with the phone. They should have released few more phones just to keep relevant in the industry.
    I really love this thread. Some of the stuff on here just makes me roll my eyes. As others have mentioned, it's clear that these are old renders. There's likely been some changes, and I'm sure webOS 2.0, or better, will be on them.

As to the Just Type comments...anyone think maybe you just click on the Just Type bar and the virtual keyboard will just come up if you aren't bluetooth connected to a keyboard? That was easy. Next!

As to the tabbed browser wishes of mikah...why do you need that? With webOS, even now, you just drop to card view and you see the content of every browser page you have open. With tabs, you only see a list of titles stuck in little boxes that you must tap to see the content. I don't see why tabbed browsing would be a better solution than card browsing on a small device. Larger devices, laptops and up, yeah. But the solution to that is already present in webOS 2...card stacks. Similar to tabs, but you get to see a portion of the open page. Again, better than tabs.

What webOS 2.0, or higher, on a tablet means is that you get the elegant simplicity that Apple brings, with more power than Android. It's why so many outside of this community have been clamoring for better devices hosting the OS. Judging by a lot of comments from users of other platforms that know of webOS, I think there will be a lot of converts if HP/Palm deliver the goods on the hardware front. I also think that if they pair the tablet with a really small phone, that can be worn as a wristwatch or a small belt mounted device, and which has a wireless hook up to the pad, it would be a real hit for a certain group of people who only want to "carry" one device that can consume, create, and transfer content, but still allow them to take phone calls on their bluetooth headset, and text on the device itself.

I think we are going to see tablets that are updated from these renders, and I think they will show off some killer software and new smartphones to pair with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    As to the Just Type comments...anyone think maybe you just click on the Just Type bar and the virtual keyboard will just come up if you aren't bluetooth connected to a keyboard? That was easy. Next!
    Or it can magically turn into Just Speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Or it can magically turn into Just Speak.
    Hadn't thought of that! Quite possible indeed.
    I'd really like to see what HP is going to bring to the table. I'm open to any OS for my next tablet, but the entire package has to be something special.

Here is to hoping that HP can resurrect WebOS and find a market. 2011 should be One hell of a year.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast