Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Popcorn please...
    *passes extra large tub*

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Not the first "smartphone"? Or not the first Palm smartphone? If the latter...you're not talking the VII are you?
    If I wanted to be picky, I'd say the Simon was the first smartphone, back in the 90's. But I really had in mind the Ericsson line. Don't even remember the model. Couldn't install software, but it was a smartphone, touchscreen and all.
    So, back to the topic. Endgadget has photos of what HP/Palm may release, and all the Apple fans say it won't succeed, and they did it first anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    ...If you think there's another, I'd be happy to hear it. I could very well be wrong. But nothing sticks out to me quite like that when looking at the old O2's and Treo's and i720's compared to the HD7's, the Pre's, and the Captivates of the world.
    For me, it was pinch and zoom. That's the one thing I envied on the iPhone (that I didn't have on my Treo), the one thing I never saw on anything else prior (though it may have been), and the one thing that made me think that a phone could replace a lot of the things I regularly do on a computer.

I had actually given up on Palm, and was waiting to see if RIM was going to come out with something similar on a Blackberry. Waiting patiently I might add.

Then CES 2009 hit.

I think the bottom line is, no one can claim to being "the one" on any of this. Palm changed the PDA game by making a popular PDA that could have apps added to it easy (they also made it easy to sync other calendar and email information). Handspring/Palm/Whoever changed it more when they added a phone to that PDA. Apple changed it again when they added a better interface, and tied it all to the most popular music device out there. Then yet again when they offered a centralized store for applications. Google really mixed things up when they offered a powerful OS that was free to the hardware mfgs.

That's all good innovation, but it truely evoluation and innovation, not invention (none of the companies I mentioned invented the technologies I mentioned, they merely improved them).

So, bringing it all back around to the topic, I believe we're about to evolutionized, and revolutionized again.

In just shy of three weeks.
    Actually, I think some of the Apple vs. Palm discussion really is on topic, as we're seeing it play out again, probably not for the last time. I was tempted to clean it all out, but there is some good discussion. Please, as always, remain courteous and focused on the technology.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    As an AT&T Palm Pre Plus toter, I am glad to see AT&T possibly having a good, long term relationship with HP Palm now. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Actually, I think some of the Apple vs. Palm discussion really is on topic, as we're seeing it play out again, probably not for the last time. I was tempted to clean it all out, but there is some good discussion. Please, as always, remain courteous and focused on the technology.
    Really this apple discussion has killed this palmpad thread. I was to post about the tablet, but now it is muddled with off topic junk.
    I can't wait for this to come out. I held off buying anything until I see what Palm is bringing to the table.
    Sprint rep (salt case) offered the info that they are looking to get the pre3 in April and the TouchPad in the summer. Now you know how salty rumors are but this was without inquiring about it. Then I asked about the VEER....he said there was no mention of it on Sprint. Which would make sense....both Pre3 and and theTouchPad are both CDMA compatible, right? Yet the VEER is not.
    its like a giant palm pre plus. id so buy it lol
    Spare the "holy necromoly" comments, but don't you think it's time to unsticky this? There are other, more interesting threads out there
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm not gonna lie: I normally dislike tablets, but this one looks incredible. I have no idea why anyone would want an iPad, considering it's really just a giant iPod Touch.

This tablet would work, though. webOS is the perfect OS for a tablet. The multitasking lends itself incredibly well to it, the cloud and social networking go hand in hand, and then its support with the Pre 3 and Veer make it an even better option over the iPad. I really think HP did a great job with this line-up, and it's disappointing knowing that most people will still see the iPad as the end-all, be-all of the tablet world when it was never even that great to begin with.

Let's just hope this all works out for webOS, though.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213