Page 1 of 14 123456 11 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Here we go, some actual news!! Palm will be bringing 3 versions of the PalmPad to CES with a 4th following later

FoxNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: iPad Competitor Coming Soon From Palm
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/22/2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: title updated per OP
    Boom!
    I sure hope I can use one of those to make phone calls.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    It's about time we got something! anything! (even if it's a hand drawn photo!)
    What did this comment mean in the article:

the PalmPad also sports a USB 3.0 port and a "multi-switch" just like the one on the Palm Pre.
    Huh? I don't have a USB 3.0 port on my Pre Plus right? I don't have any idea what "multi-switch" means in this case either.
    Only scary things is that they say its identical in specs to the ipad. I hope this is false considering the ipad will be going gen 2 at the same time, and if you have a spec sheet why not show it

First time i have ever been half tempted to like fox news, but i am doubting the validity of the article.
    blah blah blah and then the gold nugget....

The consumer version of the PalmPad will run on Sprint's fast 4G network, but otherwise it has hardware specs nearly identical to Apple’s iPad. There are minor differences, of course: It has a mini HDMI port, for example, while the iPad requires a special dongle for video output. And there are front- and rear-facing cameras (1.3 megapixel and 3 megapixel, respectively), both with LED flashes.
    Have it make calls and SOLD.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

hmmm interesting.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    it's good to hear movement in the heavens above palm. It's hard to be patient but it is said to be a virtue. 2011 looks like it will be a good year for us faithful palm hopefuls.
    The problem is that I think they could do just fine with 2 Palmpads and 2 phones instead of 3 Pads with another coming on the way...

I hope they are planning to show phones... my phone has developed a crack near the usb port.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I like this A LOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    The thing that surprises me the most is the reference to webOS 2.5.1.

Humm.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    The problem is that I think they could do just fine with 2 Palmpads and 2 phones instead of 3 Pads with another coming on the way...

I hope they are planning to show phones... my phone has developed a crack near the usb port.
    Just because there was a leak on the PalmPad only doesn't mean there aren't phones coming.

14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    holy crap batman, this is big news, the first in ages

Also, I assume the "multi-switch" is referring to the ringer switch
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    blah blah blah and then the gold nugget....

Have it make calls and SOLD.
    I don't relish the idea of carrying a tablet around with me as my primary phone.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This is Palm:
    Just because there was a leak on the PalmPad only doesn't mean there are PalmPads coming.
    It's funny because it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I don't relish the idea of carrying a tablet around with me as my primary phone.
    I go everywhere with my laptop. Smaller and less heavy with a phone to boot? Yeah, still sold.

Just because there was a leak on the PalmPad only doesn't mean there aren't phones coming.
    I agree but if it follows that they are releasing 5-6 (if that rumor is true) webos devices this might take up to 4 of those.

I go everywhere with my laptop. Smaller and less heavy with a phone to boot? Yeah, still sold.
    I work in a hospital and could not physically carry a laptop or tablet with me everywhere. I need something that would fit in a holster on my belt or on the waistband of my scrubs.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I could see it being a phone if a bluetooth device is hooked up but not if i have to hold it up to my head...

but for me to be able to do that I need a few features that not available yet... I code from my laptop that is with me at all times. So i need to be able to edit... hopefully open office is coming soon

Page 1 of 14 123456 11 ... LastLast