Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    <<thread cleaned>>

Please take it easy on the arguing folks. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It seems iPad was already taken.
    Yes indeed, by MadTV, a long time ago.

Oops, bad link. Try this one
    Last edited by hparsons; 12/21/2010 at 08:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It seems iPad was already taken.
    So was MaxiPad.
    Hopefully HP will use these products as a way to showcase the different media services that they've been acquiring over the past year.
    I still can't stand the "pad" name... Why pad? why not palmPage, PreXL, palmBook, PreSlab, PreTab, etc... anything other than something that refers to feminine hygiene?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Where's a meantion of a gesture area? It's one of the most important features to webOS aside from card multitasking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    The thing that surprises me the most is the reference to webOS 2.5.1.

Humm.
    Kinda like with Apple having different versions of iOS for the iPad? I hope that webOS is more than just "enlarged."

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    oh, and let's all hope that this thing has a gigantic battery.

and some method for touchstone charging?
    A touchstone craddle or a huge wireless charging mat? I honestly don't care if there isn't inductive charging as long as everything else is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    And then GSM of course. Can't market it worldwide otherwise.

Edit: Which requires 2 models, since AT&T uses different 3G bands than T-Mobile/rest of the world
    Just make a pentaband GSM version that's useable anywhere. Problem solved, but so far I've only seen Nokia do something as generous as this.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    One of the podcasts I listen to (WebOS Radio maybe?) suggested that name sounds too much like a feminine product.
    iTampon?

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    64gb please. None of this 8 or even 16gb nonsense.
    32 gb version and 64 gb version, please.

I've got 0.4 gb free on my Pre Plus, and that's after I've gone through several times erasing everything but my most cherished music collection.

Maybe I should invest in a Zune.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    3 New tablets .. 3 new trademarks name. Palm Gyst, Palm Myte, and Palm Veer ... It's all adding up
    Excellent observation! I'm less worried about them as tablet names as apposed to smartphone names.

Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    I hope they make use of HyperSpace's instant on for the palmPad and upcoming webos devices. That would be leading edge. No long boots!!!
    Not really, iPads on standby are "instant on". It's a pain if you have to turn on and off the device. If the battery life is amazing (and the software is polished), standby should suffice. Though, boot times affect the initial impression the user has of the device. I honestly thought my Pre wasn't working during the initial startup, taking three minutes to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Engadget just weighed in:
    On top of all that we feel obligated to point out that we've yet to receive an invitation to any sort of HP / Palm event at CES -- in past years, we've received invitations to both Palm and HP events long before the middle of December -- and we've been reliably informed that HP's floor presence at the show is smaller than in recent years. That just doesn't seem like you'd blow out a huge four-device tablet launch, does it? Rest assured that we'll clear our schedules for an HP / Palm event in a second, but something about an early January reveal just isn't adding up right now.
    This is probably one of the most disheartening things I've read this year about Palm.

Maybe Mobile World Congress or a different, unique event? HP might have switched things up a bit.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    gyst, veer, and myte
    the palmcast tonight was pretty skeptical about a big spash at CES. I hope we get enough info to see a compelling HP vision, at the very least!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I still can't stand the "pad" name... Why pad? why not palmPage, PreXL, palmBook, PreSlab, PreTab, etc... anything other than something that refers to feminine hygiene?
    Because Apple's tablet is called the iPad and HP seems to really really want to imitate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Because Apple's tablet is called the iPad and HP seems to really really want to imitate them.
    Of course, that must be it, because HP has such a long history of imitating Apple...

<<thread cleaned>>
    Again... please stay on-topic and away from the arguing. Continuing will simply earn infractions or the thread to be closed. Thank you.
    Here's the cast of Clayton talking about it. Forget which minute mark it is.
    The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte
    Is that right? They said they reached out to Palm PRPRPR $and$ $got$ $an$ $official$ $response$ $that$ $Palm$ $will$ $not$ $be$ $there$.

Official: No Palm Tablet At CES - TechnoBuffalo

I thought I saw on CES' website the other day that Palm and HP are splitting a large both....
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I thought I saw on CES' website the other day that Palm and HP are splitting a large both....
    Palm - 2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory
    HP - 2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory

That is correct. They are registered to share a large booth.
    Engadget not being invited, TechnoBuffalo and webOSroundup's word? Or CES's official website and common sense (Maybe throw some hope in there. )?
    You decide.
    Last edited by JLegacy; 12/22/2010 at 01:29 AM.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Large booth or Meeting Rooms? I'm not even sure what that means.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Come on guys, take a breather, and relax... 2.0 is coming to the older devices in a couple months, engadget leaked the keyboard for the ppad, I know we all want more, but the hints are there. New devices will arrive.

CES is a big show, with thousands of manufacturers vying for the media's attention, there will be plenty of toys for everyone. Let HPalm work on a kick *** design with webos, a rush product will end up in the trash anyways. Right?

I really want to see a hyped up competition with Verizon's LTE phone line up, more competition will always drive innovation. I think the fruit and robot team did a great job by bring the smart phone to the main stream market, but I always wanted to be inspired again like we all did two years back with Palm's press conference. To expect the same year after year, especially after an acquisition, is unrealistic. Things might stay status quo for a while for HPalm.

Status quo = no new products =
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Large booth or Meeting Rooms? I'm not even sure what that means.
    It's a meeting room and they've had it booked for sometime. My guess is that Palm and HP will be at CES and they will show a tablet and a slab phone. I think too many people are in a panic bc they think Palm isn't going to be at CES.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    And then GSM of course. Can't market it worldwide otherwise.

Edit: Which requires 2 models, since AT&T uses different 3G bands than T-Mobile/rest of the world
    There is no reason why HP/Palm cannot have a Quad band, or better yet, a Penta band HSPA (3G) radio such as the one that Apple has in their iPhone 4. In fact, one of the biggest issues with the Pre, Pre+ & Pre2 is that it does not cater to the International traveller and thus is an issue that HP/Palm must address in their forthcoming products.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    3 mp and 1.3 mp is just not good enough.hopefully this isn't true.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    3 mp and 1.3 mp is just not good enough.hopefully this isn't true.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    For a tablet it is IMO.
    That 3MP would probably be the same resolution as the Pre's camera, it just needs autofocus and I won't complain!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast