Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 278
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Looks like an accurate quote/cut-n-paste. Well done.
    Thank you, most of my posts are accurate, in spite of those that try to come on and claim other wise. But, FWIW, I didn't cut and past, I just hit the Quote button.

    I see you are up to your usual high standards of meaningful content.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I want a two devices that let me use the same number, same calling plan. I'd settle for the VOIP option, but would really prefer the choice mentioned.

    As a side note, I think (though I won't swear to the price) that I'm able to add devices to my current Sprint plan for $10 each.
    Google Voice?
  3. #123  
    Herb and Mikah.... public warnings are something I don't usually do, but please stop.

    Thanks.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Google Voice?
    I have Google Voice. I'd still prefer a setup where I can easily switch the one phone number/plan between multiple devices.

    I'm probably not going to get what I want any time soon, but I think the company that offers that is going to be attract customers. Obviously, it would likely have to be a company that badly needs to pull in new customers. I'm hoping Sprint takes a look at it.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I have Google Voice. I'd still prefer a setup where I can easily switch the one phone number/plan between multiple devices.

    I'm probably not going to get what I want any time soon, but I think the company that offers that is going to be attract customers. Obviously, it would likely have to be a company that badly needs to pull in new customers. I'm hoping Sprint takes a look at it.
    Well, if Sprint was GSM it would be possible. Just swap the SIM when you want/need and be on your way. Many do that now with their iPhone/iPad.
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    As a side note, I think (though I won't swear to the price) that I'm able to add devices to my current Sprint plan for $10 each.
    Phones not devices. You couldn't get a USB laptop adapter and add it to your plan for $10. Same with an Overdrive or a Galaxy Tab.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    consumer version of the PalmPad will run on Sprint's fast 4G network, but otherwise it has hardware specs nearly identical to Apple’s iPad. There are minor differences, of course: It has a mini HDMI port, for example, while the iPad requires a special dongle for video output. And there are front- and rear-facing cameras (1.3 megapixel and 3 megapixel, respectively), both with LED flashes.

    I hope the part in bold is not true. As an iPad owner, I can tell you the memory is not sufficient.
    Yeah, there has to be some internal spec upgrade. The thing is, none of the leaked stuff talked much about internal specs. Just that the externals looked like an iPad.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Well, if Sprint was GSM it would be possible. Just swap the SIM when you want/need and be on your way. Many do that now with their iPhone/iPad.
    To be honest, I forgot that capability exists on GSM phones (I've been a sprint customer for over a decade, but I should know better, I've had to support a ton of devices on other carriers).

    Of course, Verizon and Sprint are not going to switch to GSM devices, so the need still remains.

    I suspect that if the carrier(s) chose to, it'd be a pretty simple process to set up a system that diverts the calls to and from the devices using a single phone number. It'll be interesting to see if/when that comes about.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To be honest, I forgot that capability exists on GSM phones (I've been a sprint customer for over a decade, but I should know better, I've had to support a ton of devices on other carriers).

    Of course, Verizon and Sprint are not going to switch to GSM devices, so the need still remains.

    I suspect that if the carrier(s) chose to, it'd be a pretty simple process to set up a system that diverts the calls to and from the devices using a single phone number. It'll be interesting to see if/when that comes about.
    Well, doing an ESN swap with Sprint through http://mysprint.sprint.com is fairly simple and quick. But if Sprint makes the switch to LTE in the future (and they're considering it) then they too will be SIM-based (same with Verizon).
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Besides iTunes what are the native content apps for the iPad?
    Apple iPad's launch also sparked a fresh gold rush for apps. More than 40,000 native iPad apps are now available for download, including some that are changing the way we read publications, share things online, and entertain ourselves.
    Best and worst gadgets of 2010 | Herald Sun
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Engadget just weighed in:
    On top of all that we feel obligated to point out that we've yet to receive an invitation to any sort of HP / Palm event at CES -- in past years, we've received invitations to both Palm and HP events long before the middle of December -- and we've been reliably informed that HP's floor presence at the show is smaller than in recent years. That just doesn't seem like you'd blow out a huge four-device tablet launch, does it? Rest assured that we'll clear our schedules for an HP / Palm event in a second, but something about an early January reveal just isn't adding up right now.
    This raises the spectre of nothing happening, at all, during CES--for Palm at least.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Well, doing an ESN swap with Sprint through http://mysprint.sprint.com is fairly simple and quick. But if Sprint makes the switch to LTE in the future (and they're considering it) then they too will be SIM-based (same with Verizon).
    I've only had that work successfully from the web site once, using a Pre. Every other time, I've gotten the message that I needed to call Sprint tech support. And of course, I had to do that from a different phone.

    I'm still hoping, some day, for something as easy as "click this" on the device, and you're on the "other one".
  13. #133  
    Whilst the opportunity of getting a palmpad tablet very soon sounds exciting, I'm curious about the options available for the front facing camera. Palm pre phones have not been able to capture Skype. If Skype is gonna be an option everybody at HP and Skype have kept their working together on this a secret. Also, there is no suitable "office" or equivalent product available for Palm at the moment. What software company is working on this? Another company working in secret? A tablet without suitable "office" or equvalent software is doomed to my way of thinking.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Whilst the opportunity of getting a palmpad tablet very soon sounds exciting, I'm curious about the options available for the front facing camera. Palm pre phones have not been able to capture Skype. If Skype is gonna be an option everybody at HP and Skype have kept their working together on this a secret. Also, there is no suitable "office" or equivalent product available for Palm at the moment. What software company is working on this? Another company working in secret? A tablet without suitable "office" or equvalent software is doomed to my way of thinking.
    Both Skype and QuickOffice are included in 2.0.

    http://www.precentral.net/skype-webo...wed-mobiputing
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-20-review
    http://www.precentral.net/quickoffic...bos-20-product
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/21/2010 at 05:39 PM.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Both Skype and QuickOffice are included in 2.0.
    Thanks for the update. Now I'm really excited.
  16. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #136  
    Is it really going to be called the "PalmPad"?! Ugh.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Is it really going to be called the "PalmPad"?! Ugh.
    It seems iPad was already taken.
  18. #138  
    they also considered PalmMitten and Ov-Glove.

    I have to agree that 'pad' hasn't been doing it for me, but once apple coins a phrase, there is no turning back.
  19. #139  
    well the only other way they could have went name wise was a palm tab or hp tab but palm pad doesn't sound bad at all to me.
  20. #140  
    What about slate? To use pad admits defeat.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions