Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The things is, specs are never mentioned in an iPad commercial. They focus on what it can do, which is all software and apps. That's why WebOS 2.5.x is absolutely CRUCIAL to this working in the marketplace. It has to wow people in a similar, yet unique way. Or all of the "thin" and "light" whatever is pointless.

That is what I am waiting to see and/or hear leaks about. We knew a tablet was coming. Multiple tablets....makes no difference. What will it do? It's gotta be a significant different user experience than WebOS 1.4.5 or even 2.0 or it's sunk.
    2.5 might be akin to Android 2.3 (3.0) which is designed to be tablet friendly.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 12/21/2010 at 01:37 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    clayton just said one of them has a "gripped back" rubberized on twit.tv
    has a spec sheet, but wont publish it "he's not engadget"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Care to be more specific?

What aspects of the current user experience would you want alterted and what do you want to keep.
    Sure.

- It's mostly portrait-oriented, which is a no-no in a device with no portrait keyboard.
    - Native apps are still barebones, mostly. We can't even compete with the media player on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, much less iTunes on the iPad.
    - Something will need to fill up the space of a 10-inch display other than 4 icons at the bottom.
    - There are no native content apps aside from perhaps Amazon MP3 which is a non-factor. If you rely on carriers to fill this role, you'll get stuck with junk like Sprint Music Store "Plus" or Sprint TV.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Yeah that dock looked very inelegant for Palm. But hopefully this was just reused sketches for purposes unknown to us and this scoop is legit. who knows.
    or re-using hardware designs?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    2.5 might be akin to Android 2.3 (3.0) which is designed to be tablet friendly.
    That's what I'm hoping to see. Won't have the baggage of junky last-version tablets tainting the experience like the current glut of horrible Android "pad" abortions out there running 2.1/2.2 on different unoptimized processors.

This could be a significant advantage for HP Palm, and I really hope to see them exploit it to the fullest.
    3 New tablets .. 3 new trademarks name. Palm Gyst, Palm Myte, and Palm Veer ... It's all adding up
    clayton just said one of them has a "gripped back" rubberized on twit.tv
    has a spec sheet, but wont publish it "he's not engadget"
    Yeah, I like the gripped back idea for using the PalmPad out on job sites.

Clayton did state he's been working on this story for months, and has more info but would not, could not, should not (sorry Dr. Seuss!) release it. So, Clayton did confirm this info just now on twit.tv
    I see pandas.
    Clayton and Leo about to talk about it now on [url= Live - Netcasts you love, from people you trust[/url]
    requires flash

is anyone watching it on a Pre2;
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Yeah, I like the gripped back idea for using the PalmPad out on job sites.

Clayton did state he's been working on this story for months, and has more info but would not, could not, should not (sorry Dr. Seuss!) release it. So, Clayton did confirm this info just now on twit.tv
    I hope all this pans out, just using these old slate sketches kinda discredits him bigtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    requires flash

is anyone watching it on a Pre2;
    The whole thing will be available later on http://twit.tv/mbw
    Last edited by mc_gusto; 12/21/2010 at 02:19 PM.
    I hope all this pans out, just using these old slate sketches kinda discredits him bigtime.
    I suspect that was an editor issue, not an author issue. The article, if you read it, says nothing about the sketches being of the PalmPad. It's only the credit underneath the sketches that say that. Those photo tags are seldom done by the author of the article.

Here's what Clayton actually said:

FoxNews.com has obtained spec sheets for HP's forthcoming PalmPad tablet this week from a trusted source
    The pics weren't of spec sheets.
    how do we know that's what they are?

(it's hard for me to follow this from my phone. Gonna have to get out my netbook shortly.)
    They just shouldnt have used an image at all then. I mean for the word "PalmPad" to be used in the image itself means someone had to edit it. Like I said, i hope this is real. Just odd their choice of image, whether HP doctored it or FOxnews. Gives us less hope. No pic woulda been better.
    how do we know that's what they are?

(it's hard for me to follow this from my phone. Gonna have to get out my netbook shortly.)
    Sketches are exactly the same as the ones from the HP Slate manual.
    They just shouldnt have used an image at all then. I mean for the word "PalmPad" to be used in the image itself means someone had to edit it. Like I said, i hope this is real. Just odd their choice of image, whether HP doctored it or FOxnews. Gives us less hope. No pic woulda been better.
    While I don't completely disagree, I see that often. We even see it here when a mockup is used when talking about upcoming devices.

I agree, whether it's a good idea or not, that it leads to confusion; however, we humans are very visual, and will frequently overlook any written words unless they have purty pitures to go with them.
    thanks, I didn't know that.

but, if the slate form factor is the right size for a plam pad, it could make sense to re-use it. Happens all the time in laptops/PCs/printers/etc.

has anyone ever seen a slate in person?
    has anyone ever seen a slate in person?
    What is it? =P

I.E. there was this one guy who saw one once...
    I see pandas.
    Its true, we do like pics. And in about 2 weeks we'll all have a clearer pic of it all. I just got a little excited for a couple hours. Now i'm just cautiously optimistic. After listening to Clayton for an hour, I don't mind him. I was skeptical when it was Foxnews, but he sounds competent at the very least and somewhat reputable. So hopefully this didn't just get pulled out of his ****.
    Neither the sketches nor the specs mean anything. We all knew HP was planning to announce a iPa... (cough) pPad at CES. We all suspected it would have cameras. We all could have guessed it would be as much like the iPad as possible because how else are they going to facilitate simple iPad app ports. I'm not sure what part of this constitutes news. What is it people are so excited about?

There also seems to be a disconnect with some, that everyone else will be releasing tablets and pads, many of which, sound more ambitious. The iPad 2 will be announced, no doubt, at a special event, and will likely send everyone back to the drawing board. In other words, the pPad, as rumored, sounds like it is just enough to get on store shelves and be passed over for better offerings. I will wait for better rumors than this.
    It's about time!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast