Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    hopefully this is not true, if hp doesn't have anything to show on sprint till june, it might be the final nail in the coffin. I know for me it will
    I'll be gone by then. A company aspiring to be number 3. Really? I've been in this industry a long time and have watched HP acquire and ruin perfectly good products before.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    why not get an evo or whatever until it hits? that's what i did.
    i held off on getting an evo, on hopes of palm coming with some kick *** hardware soon. why get an evo now? I'll see what phones sprint announces at ces, perhaps some dual core tegra2 phones, or something like a nexus s. Either way i feel like an ***** for not just gettting the evo when i was due in june.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I'll be gone by then. A company aspiring to be number 3. Really? I've been in this industry a long time and have watched HP acquire and ruin perfectly good products before.

Yeah im not waiting that long either, it was ces or nothing for me with hpalm.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    If new hardware is goona be this late, then they will truly be starting over.

I don't think that even awesome Homebrew community can keep the fire burning THAT long.

No significant announcements at CES means certain doom for us old timers. HP may appreciate us, but we can't hold our breath that long.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    this old/timer still has a year left on my contract. I will stil be using this phone until then.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    3 Tablets, a Teen Phone, and a 5" slab leaves room for at least one more device not announced. But that's if you count all tablets as individual devices. If screen size is really the only difference on the palmPads, I'm expexting 2-3 yet-to-be-rumored-about devices...Hoping for a 3.5" horizontal slider, a 4.2" slab and a new vertical slider.
    Less than 3 weeks til CES, and HPalm wouldn't book a showroom to annouce nothing.

Maybe annouce the tablets at CES, and phones at a custom HP-tailored conference? If the new rumor about an HP conference is true, the HP conference would be before mid-February. About a month after CES isn't that much longer of a wait - not to mention all the additional media coverage for a webOS specific event. :3
    Between the webOSroundup and engadget articles, one would gather there's nothing coming at CES. This article seems to agree:

Analyzing the PalmPad Rumors

(Apologies if it's already been posted!)
    If the latest webOS roundup rumor today holds true, I guess I should have bet the house.....

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It's times like this that I really want Palm to come up with something mind blowing. I truly missed the days of the NZ90. Come on Palm, we are pulling for you.

http://www.splife.com/infoimg/clie_nz90_001.jpg
    I must be really patient because none of this is really making me want to switch to another OS...maybe that's why I've been married for 24 years now...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Well I left a comment on webOSroundup's article mentioned above, basically calling this article out as BS. Why? Palm's already announced WebOS 2.0 and the Pre 2. The past 2 years they've had major announcements at CES. They've rented the same conference room again. What are they going to do? Say "Hey everyone, we just wanted to tell you that we have nothing to tell you, except that we have our own little conference later this year. Thanks, and enjoy the free milk and cookies!" Seriously? Is that what they are going to do?

Of course, they could prove me wrong and not announce anything of significance, but I really doubt it. It's funny that one news reporter releases a story about the palmPad/s coming up, stating they'll be announced at CES, where everyone has been under the impression it would happen, and then a couple of articles and the infamous "unnamed source" all say nothing appears to be afoot at CES. Technobuffalo apparently already pulled back from it's no Palm at CES comments (gee, looked at the CES register did ya!?).

How many people are just going to call it quits now, based on this story alone? How many developers are going to think twice? How much damage does this do? Based on a person who showed no tangible evidence of who they were? Someone who said what any impersonator could have?

Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    That ain’t all though…according to this source, the reason for HP’s absence from CES is because they are planning their own event (think Apple) so that they do not get lost in the shuffle.
    Another Apple strategy "validated" by HP. I wonder if they will call it WWPDK, and rent some space on the Apple campus to insure maximum press coverage. I remember when Apple was criticized for this sort of thing. Now, it is the only sensible way to do a major release.

I predict Ruby is shopping for a black, mock-neck right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Well I left a comment on webOSroundup's article mentioned above, basically calling this article out as BS. Why? Palm's already announced WebOS 2.0 and the Pre 2. The past 2 years they've had major announcements at CES. They've rented the same conference room again. What are they going to do? Say "Hey everyone, we just wanted to tell you that we have nothing to tell you, except that we have our own little conference later this year. Thanks, and enjoy the free milk and cookies!" Seriously? Is that what they are going to do?

Of course, they could prove me wrong and not announce anything of significance, but I really doubt it. It's funny that one news reporter releases a story about the palmPad/s coming up, stating they'll be announced at CES, where everyone has been under the impression it would happen, and then a couple of articles and the infamous "unnamed source" all say nothing appears to be afoot at CES. Technobuffalo apparently already pulled back from it's no Palm at CES comments (gee, looked at the CES register did ya!?).

How many people are just going to call it quits now, based on this story alone? How many developers are going to think twice? How much damage does this do? Based on a person who showed no tangible evidence of who they were? Someone who said what any impersonator could have?

Ugh.
    Good points. Especially the comment about reserving the same conference room as before.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Another Apple strategy "validated" by HP. I wonder if they will call it WWPDK, and rent some space on the Apple campus to insure maximum press coverage. I remember when Apple was criticized for this sort of thing. Now, it is the only sensible way to do a major release.

I predict Ruby is shopping for a black, mock-neck right now.
    What he should be shopping for is a PPT with a wOS roadmap.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    It's times like this that I really want Palm to come up with something mind blowing. I truly missed the days of the NZ90. Come on Palm, we are pulling for you.

http://www.splife.com/infoimg/clie_nz90_001.jpg
    The NZ90 wasn't Palm's product, it was Sony's.
    honestly, regardless of hardware, the PDF viewer needs to be perfect for me to bite.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    CAN EVERYONE IN HERE TRY TO BE REALISTIC???
    look at the reports of the pre 2. in this same forum we have different comments about people opening a new pre 2 and comparing it to the iphone. the pre 2 is faster and easier to use. that is without lte, webos 2.1, or 2.5, super amoled,etc,etc,etc
    next year is going to be super for webos!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    HP execs don't have to have anything to show when they go up in front of an audience. Jon Rubinstein has been seen multiple times on the stage giving interviews with pretty much nothing to say and no products to show. Not even a user interface. The last hardware Phil McKinney was seen with was that flexible screen.

I'm guessing there will be a candybar phone that resembles the Pixi for availability in the first half of 2011.
    Oh please. Not at CES he hasn't. You're talking about small shows that focus on ideas or certain trends. CES is an exhibit of actual technology. You don't friggin' rent a large room just to serve milk and cookies and tell everyone that you're going to be awesome that year!
    You know, I really don't care whether it's at CES or their own event. That matters to me not one wit. What does matter to me is that I hear about new hardware *SOON*. And not for me, no, I'm just fine with my Pre minus. But I'm awful tired of hearing about how everyone else is going to "jump ship" if they don't hear something soon. (And I'd also like to see Palm get back on the map instead of being some side destination that no one knows about.)
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Oh please. Not at CES he hasn't. You're talking about small shows that focus on ideas or certain trends. CES is an exhibit of actual technology. You don't friggin' rent a large room just to serve milk and cookies and tell everyone that you're going to be awesome that year!
    So maybe they are demo'ing the devices to potential corporate clients by invitation. They picked FOX to leak the pads to so they could get the word out to a broad audience that these are coming. They picked Engadget to leak the techie stuff about webos 2.0 for all the current users. But the devices may not quite be ready for a direct press invite to the CES conference room.

Speculation here but makes sense.