Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dkirker
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Looks like AT&T Pre 3's have become a very scarce commodity. Early on I created a Frankenpre by swapping the Sprint comm board with a Verizon one. I was wondering if an AT&T pre 3 could be created from a Verizon Pre 3 in the same manner. If so, I can start hunting for a broken AT&T Sprint unit to pull the comm board from.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, because you're losing me on the whole Sprint part.. There is no Sprint Pre3 comm board.
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, because you're losing me on the whole Sprint part.. There is no Sprint Pre3 comm board.
    To make my FrankenPre 2 I put a Verizon comm board into a Sprint Pre 2. I was hoping to put an AT&T Pre 3 comm board in a Verizon Pre 3... Of course that assumes I can find someone with a broken Pre 3 with a good AT&T comm board.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I've got plenty of broken AT&T Pre3's, and at least 1 if not several unopened/unused Verizon Pre3's...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've got plenty of broken AT&T Pre3's, and at least 1 if not several unopened/unused Verizon Pre3's...
    Well, that's cool. I've got some heavily used Verizon units but no AT&T unit to check out. Did you happen to notice whether a comm board swap is feasible?

Perhaps we could work out something for a broken AT&T unit so I can give it a go.
    The Pre3 is set up a bit differently from the Pre and Pre2. The Pre and Pre2 has the modem on the daughter-card. For the Pre3, the daughter-card is the SIM reader and the storage memory chip. The modem itself is part of the Qualcomm SnapDragon processor (the Pre and Pre2 was powered by a TI OMAP). If you can find an AT&T Pre3 that has a good motherboard, then it would work.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I might be interested in buying a few the next time you are in Silicon Valley, so I have a few more spare parts. :P Trying to make sure that I can keep mine alive. :P
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.