1.    #1  
    Hello,

I recently have not been able to send any photos through mms on my att pre3. I currently have Straight Talk as a service provider and my apn settings did not change.

I can receive photos and send/receive normal text but just can't send photos. Anyone else have this issue?

One note; this happened a few months ago but I was able to solve it by deleting a lot of old text strings. This time the deleting has not worked.

Is there a possibility the apn settings need to be updated and if so does anyone know what they are?

Thanks
    You should be able to go onto straight talk's website and enter your phone number to get the correct APN settings for your sim. They have a few different ones. Mine is using the newer RESELLER one and sends/recieves no problem, but yours may not be the same.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry for the late response but have been out of town.

After fiddling around with my network settings it looks like something has gone wrong and my Pre3 will no longer let me go back to my original network settings.

I tried the reseller settings on Straighttalk's website and they don't work. I then tried entering my old network settings and they won't save. Anyone have any fix tips for this? Love my Pre3 but getting frustrated with these issues.

My old network settings were this:
    Internet APN: tfdata
    MMS APN: tfdata
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMSC: mm3.tracfone.com:80
    MAX SIZE: 600
  4.    #4  
    After leaving my phone off overnight, the tfdata settings are back for some reason which is good. So I guess I'm back to where I started but still can't send pictures via mms.

Does anyone else use Straight Talk and if so what are your network settings?

Thanks
    There have been folks, or rather devices, that never could get mms working for some reason. I use tfdata (though I'm using an actual TF Sim now, not StraightTalk, but the settings are the same). My settings (manually set) are the same as what you have above as your "old settings". I have never had a problem with MMS with ST or TF on my webOS phones. When I briefly used a t-mobile prepaid Sim, only the automatic settings would work. The phones almost always complain when I update the MMS settings that they are invalid, but I just tap "save anyway" or whatever it says..
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/29/2017 at 09:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There have been folks, or rather devices, that never could get mms working for some reason. I use tfdata (though I'm using an actual TF Sim now, not StraightTalk, but the settings are the same). My settings (manually set) are the same as what you have above as your "old settings". I have never had a problem with MMS with ST or TF on my webOS phones. When I briefly used a t-mobile prepaid Sim, only the automatic settings would work. The phones almost always complain when I update the MMS settings that they are invalid, but I just tap "save anyway" or whatever it says..
    Were you able to get T-mobile MMS working on a webOS phone? It always fails to send/receive for me on my Pre3 or Pre2, and I thought there was a bug or something when on T-mobile.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Were you able to get T-mobile MMS working on a webOS phone? It always fails to send/receive for me on my Pre3 or Pre2, and I thought there was a bug or something when on T-mobile.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My very first prepaid Sim for my test phones was t-mobile prepaid, and yes, MMS worked on that Sim using the automatic settings. No manual settings other people had success with ever worked for me. Since then I've let that Sim deactivate, so I can't test anymore.