Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #21  
    Forgot to ask: Did you do anything specific before this happened? Installed/removied any apps, patches, etc?
    Remember, the problem with the launcher, if it is indeed that, would only show up with the next reboot.
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
  2.    #22  
    For recovery, here's the WebOS Internals wiki guide on How To Recover
    Beware, some advanced recovery techniques cause data loss.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    Forgot to ask: Did you do anything specific before this happened? Installed/removied any apps, patches, etc?
    Remember, the problem with the launcher, if it is indeed that, would only show up with the next reboot.
    You are correct this started after I tried a Luna restart which is something I have done a lot lately due to some of my apps not working properly; the Luna restart would solve these issues temporarily.

Okay see if I can get some clear details for you.

Had my phone since 2014 and it was working fine up until about 6 months ago when I could not send any pictures via mms. I since deleted a lot of old text strings and that solved the problem. Then a couple weeks ago the same issue popped up again and deleting all my text strings did not solve the issue but let me back track a bit.

I wanted to get a few videos off my phone about a month ago and hadn't tried to download videos for over a year and discovered the upload to YouTube would not work anymore. I added a few apps to help with this and that’s when things started to get buggy. In the past any patches or apps that created problems I just removed them and problem solved, I did the same this time but the problems persisted. One example is my Pandora app would freeze up after only a song or two and only a Luna restart would get the app running again.

I uploaded the file sharing (samba share), internalz, and a few game apps when the problems started. I since removed them all. There may have been a few others but I can’t quite remember. I removed the internalz because it was too complicated and I did not want to take the time to figure it out.

I also removed most of the 400 pictures on my phone thinking it was a memory issue but this did not help.

There is some things I leaving off but can’t remember right now.
    Oh and I removed a few old apps that did not get used trying to free up memory thinking this was the issue.
  5.    #25  
    It might be time to visit the doctor. Do you have that option? You'll have to reinstall your apps and patches.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Okay, good news my phone died trying to reboot and I took the battery out for about an hour, after charging for a bit my phone rebooted.

I assume what has happened is not good and it is just a matter of time before the inevitable. Do you have any recommendations of what I should do while my phone is still functional?

Thanks for your time so far.
    If I remember right , if the device is in bootloop it helps to connect from the terminal from a pc ( Webos quick install has an option to open a terminal to a connected device ) since you should be able to see what's happening and issue an fsck or etc
  8.    #28  
    Do you have any recommendations of what I should do while my phone is still functional?
    Off the top of my head:
    • Save photos, music, everything from the USB-drive (/media/internal), include hidden files and folders. You can always get rid of the stuff you don't need later.
    • Export contacts, emails, messages, notes.
    • Make note of your accounts and passwords.
    • Make a list of your installed apps and patches.
    • Find ipk files or sources for your apps and patches.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Thank you, I was searching for that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12