Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  • 2 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Is there chinese input on the pre3? If there isn't that would severely hinder my chances of using webos.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2
    There are Chinese webOS enthusiasts and they had a forum. It seems a bit broken now and the rules of this forum prevent me from linking to other discussion sites, so I have sent you details in a personal message.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/23/2017 at 01:40 PM.
    I remember that there are packages to add the chinese input method to webos... I think made by chomper.
    Probably is

chomper.service.cime_1.0.0_pre_armv7

this, that should add the pinyin input method and is a prerequisite to add the java jvm 0.6.0 made again by chomper. I need to ask to the chinese usergroup, if I find someone active to answer on qq.
    If this is the correct package, I can upload it for you
    zhongtiao1 likes this.
    So, while I'm waiting for someone on the qq group... I managed to check that cime is the chinese input method

chomper.service.cime_1.0.0_pre_armv7.ipk_百度云搜索

can be downloaded even from here. Not sure if this is enough by itself but anyway, nothing to lose to see if it's enough by trying while waiting , isn't it ?
    Preemptive and zhongtiao1 like this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    So, while I'm waiting for someone on the qq group... I managed to check that cime is the chinese input method

chomper.service.cime_1.0.0_pre_armv7.ipk_百度云搜索

can be downloaded even from here. Not sure if this is enough by itself but anyway, nothing to lose to see if it's enough by trying while waiting , isn't it ?
    The only problem is I don't have a webos device yet :P I'm waiting to see if chinese support actually exists as I need it for work. I require simplified for work and traditional for home.

Ah.
    Well, if you see the other thread, I managed to find the spark rom for the veer ( you posted under the veer section so... ) , and linked some info i recovered ( didn't manage to speak with anyone yet ).
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $chinese$ $support$ $exists$, $but$ $no$ $idea$ $if$ $it$'$s$ $both$ $simplified$ $and$ $traditional$.. $I$'$ll$ $add$ $this$ $to$ $the$ $questions$ $in$ $the$ $qq$ $room$.

By the way, if if if, which webos phone would you actually target to use ?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Ah.
    Well, if you see the other thread, I managed to find the spark rom for the veer ( you posted under the veer section so... ) , and linked some info i recovered ( didn't manage to speak with anyone yet ).
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $chinese$ $support$ $exists$, $but$ $no$ $idea$ $if$ $it$'$s$ $both$ $simplified$ $and$ $traditional$.. $I$'$ll$ $add$ $this$ $to$ $the$ $questions$ $in$ $the$ $qq$ $room$.

By the way, if if if, which webos phone would you actually target to use ?
    Most likely the Pre 3. I've been talking with someone who'd be willing to sell theirs.

The reason I posted that in the veer section is because that spark ROM was for the veer.

Ok,

I'm just speaking with the chinese usergroup.
    The spark rom translates the phone in chinese and adds the package to handle IME support of both traditional and simplified chinese input

The pre3 spark rom can be downloaded from this link
    https://pan.baidu.com/s/1pKB5YzT?qq-pf-to=pcqq.group

they said to provide your qq id, so that I can add you to the usergroup. They can help you with instructions