Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Hi all.
    Yesterday my pre3 kissed the ground and the screen went totally smashed (only the glass, the device is fully functional. I can navigate, launch apps...etc... so the lcd and the digitalizer are ok). I've been searching for replacement screens but it seems pretty hard to find one so I was thinking a solution because the pre3 is still, for me, the best mobile i've ever owned... It will be a possible solution to take off the broken glass and replace it with a screen protector like the skinomi or airglass??
    I think i could take off the screen with a suction cup, a lot of patience or perhaps a cutter and even more patience. Or I must resign and begin to look for a new mobile?
    Ouch!
    Hopefully someone here has a complete 'spare' screen they could offer you?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    "still, for me, the best mobile i've ever owned..."

Amen!

If you find any extra Pre3's out there, please let me know.

I've been driving a Nexus5x since my Pre3 broke. I miss it so much I could cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by billmiller13 View Post
    If you find any extra Pre3's out there, please let me know.
    Not my listing, but there are buy-it-now $35 VZW Pre3s on fleabay today, item number 253010267952
    I like using auction mate pro for eBay on webOS for stuff like this because it actually gives you the quantity. 4 left.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    solar1806 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the tips.
    It's a shame that there's no spare parts at all. Yes, we could ask the devil to give us a screen for a little portion of our souls but... what a mess... I believe to have enough soul when the time to find a battery arrives xD

Seriouslly, I found some broken devices on local ebay (i'm from spain) so I'll attempt to trade one for a good price but first I'll try the skinomi "replacement" if I can remove the broken glass.
    I believe the glass is secured to the digitiser and the whole front needs to be replaced. Willing to be proved wrong though. Let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk