Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree38Likes
  • 15 Post By mrrekcuf
  • 2 Post By laingman
  • 4 Post By Preemptive
  • 6 Post By dkirker
  • 1 Post By mrrekcuf
  • 2 Post By creepingmee
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 3 Post By mazzinia
  • 4 Post By mrrekcuf
  1. mrrekcuf's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #1  
    hi,

    here's the loong waited Qt5 for webOS

    https://github.com/mrrekcuf/qt5

    its a mod frm qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1
    think this is the last ver can be use as the new Qt only support cpp C11
    which can not work for the old glib...

    i m using it under Linux Fedora 23
    the working folder (soft link) is
    /opt/qt.palm

    the binary compile for arm + x86 runtime is
    /opt/qt.palm/runtime

    how to compile a Qt5 app (frm README)
    https://github.com/mrrekcuf/qt5/blob/master/README
    ==================================================================

    HOW TO BUILD QT5 for WebOS
    ===========================


    Synopsis
    ========

    System requirements
    ------------------

    - Fedora 23 x86
    - WebOS PDK (with arm toolchain)



    location of files install
    ---------------------------

    /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-<version>

    /opt/qt.palm (soft link)


    cd /opt/qt.palm

    ./configurePalmHD.qt5.5.sh

    make; make install

    will take > 50 mintes to 2 hours depending on PC...

    if you encounter try to whats error and resolve it

    should works for basic modules (qtbase)
    you wil have a higher chances to success

    to make juz the base modules alone

    cd /opt/qt.palm/qtbase

    make; make install



    location of compile files install
    ----------------------------------

    the compile libraries will be in

    /opt/qt.palm/runtime

    the qmake can be found in

    /opt/qt.palm/runtime/bin/bin

    you will use the qmake to make App for Qt5 WebOS :P





    Example of Qt5 application for WebOS
    ====================================

    cd /opt/qt.palm/application/src

    modify the application.pro file (Please refer to the comment within the file for the modification)
    modify the main.cpp file (Please refer to the comment within the file for the modification)

    generate the makefile

    /opt/qt.palm/runtime/bin/bin/qmake

    compile the code

    make


    generate the ipk for WebOS device

    cd ../
    ./package-it.qttest.sh


    deploy the package com.kcuf.app.qttest_2.2.2_all.ipk
    to your Palm Device

    tada!!!

    enjoy your Qt5 Application :P

    ==================================================================



    the code might be a bit messy..
    please forgive as i m not really good at arranging those code


    P/S: Use at your own interest and risk.
    If you like it, you might consider donate some $ to my PayPal account (mrrekcuf@gmail.com) for encouragement.


    regards
    Last edited by mrrekcuf; 04/05/2017 at 01:44 PM.
    Choorp, gazaud, vgg and 12 others like this.
  2. #2  
    Thanks for the post. I will gladly donate. Can you elaborate on what this is and what its for, for non-techie users like me? Thanks

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Rnp and mrrekcuf like this.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Thanks for the post. I will gladly donate. Can you elaborate on what this is and what its for, for non-techie users like me? Thanks

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Qt is a cross platform GUI framework. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(software)

    An earlier version was ported to webOS. See here: A-Browser Qt (test) - webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog

    It is being used on LuneOS - many of the system apps are being written with it.

    If the 5+ version is ported to webOS it will allow newer apps to run and what is being touted as most exciting is the LuneOS browser - basically a modern webOS browser.

    I don't know enough to say how big a deal this is, but we've all been hoping for a browser update for some years and this was cited as the necessary step for that.
  4. #4  
    OK. I'm excited

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #5  
    Thanks!
    This will help me! I have a little time next week coming up.

    I'll shoot a donation then, too! Thanks for your work! I remembered that you are the developer of the TuYa app.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  6. mrrekcuf's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Thanks!
    This will help me! I have a little time next week coming up.

    I'll shoot a donation then, too! Thanks for your work! I remembered that you are the developer of the TuYa app.
    hi,

    yap i m d developer of TuYa App..

    thanx
    MudShark22 likes this.
  7. #7  
    I remember the TuYa app! It was like a note taking app or simple drawing thing. I had bought it on the touchpad years ago. It was a good app.
    MudShark22 and mrrekcuf like this.
  8. #8  
    While useful to the Pre3 (and it truly is!), I don't think I've ever seen a Qt app on webOS that interacted with the virtual keyboard. I'm not saying that it can't (let alone that I've tried), and there's always the option for a different keyboard if needed...but that's my main concern (as a Touchpad user). That being said, We've already seen the proof that this Qt build works, so this is really an exciting development.
  9. #9  
    I'd guess that it requires knowing how to invoke they vkb. They made it work in the LuneOS browser, so I can't see it as impossible to do on webOS.
    mrrekcuf likes this.
  10. #10  
    That would be indeed useful. The telegram app is really working well, and it just needs to have the vkb working to be a good addition to the touchpad/go
    Misj', mrrekcuf and normsland like this.
  11. mrrekcuf's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrekcuf View Post
    hi,

    here's the loong waited Qt5 for webOS

    https://github.com/mrrekcuf/qt5

    its a mod frm qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1
    think this is the last ver can be use as the new Qt only support cpp C11
    which can not work for the old glib...

    i m using it under Linux Fedora 23
    the working folder (soft link) is
    /opt/qt.palm

    the binary compile for arm + x86 runtime is
    /opt/qt.palm/runtime

    how to compile a Qt5 app (frm README)
    https://github.com/mrrekcuf/qt5/blob/master/README
    ==================================================================

    HOW TO BUILD QT5 for WebOS
    ===========================


    Synopsis
    ========

    System requirements
    ------------------

    - Fedora 23 x86
    - WebOS PDK (with arm toolchain)



    location of files install
    ---------------------------

    /opt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-<version>

    /opt/qt.palm (soft link)


    cd /opt/qt.palm

    ./configurePalmHD.qt5.5.sh

    make; make install

    will take > 50 mintes to 2 hours depending on PC...

    if you encounter try to whats error and resolve it

    should works for basic modules (qtbase)
    you wil have a higher chances to success

    to make juz the base modules alone

    cd /opt/qt.palm/qtbase

    make; make install



    location of compile files install
    ----------------------------------

    the compile libraries will be in

    /opt/qt.palm/runtime

    the qmake can be found in

    /opt/qt.palm/runtime/bin/bin

    you will use the qmake to make App for Qt5 WebOS :P





    Example of Qt5 application for WebOS
    ====================================

    cd /opt/qt.palm/application/src

    modify the application.pro file (Please refer to the comment within the file for the modification)
    modify the main.cpp file (Please refer to the comment within the file for the modification)

    generate the makefile

    /opt/qt.palm/runtime/bin/bin/qmake

    compile the code

    make


    generate the ipk for WebOS device

    cd ../
    ./package-it.qttest.sh


    deploy the package com.kcuf.app.qttest_2.2.2_all.ipk
    to your Palm Device

    tada!!!

    enjoy your Qt5 Application :P

    ==================================================================



    the code might be a bit messy..
    please forgive as i m not really good at arranging those code


    P/S: Use at your own interest and risk.
    If you like it, you might consider donate some $ to my PayPal account (mrrekcuf@gmail.com) for encouragement.


    regards

    hi,

    as promised. updated with simple instruction on how to comile Qt5 and build a Qt5 for webOS

    enjoys!!!!

    regards

Similar Threads

  1. WTT: Palm Pre 2 for any unlocked Nexus device of recent vintage.
    By Davide-NYC in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03/23/2017, 08:48 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/22/2017, 09:50 PM
  3. WebOS: Do They Need Donations? Can You Donate?? Let's Find Out!
    By crazybirdman in forum webOS Tips, Info & Resources
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03/18/2017, 02:06 PM
  4. I'm back to webOS!
    By carldc in forum LG webOS TV
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03/11/2017, 02:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions