Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Can you tell me if there is any way to configure the pre3 to use it with LTE sim?

enviado desde moto z play.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Can you tell me if there is any way to configure the pre3 to use it with LTE sim?

enviado desde moto z play.
    A SIM card is usually for a carrier, and the device determines the network technology and speed it can utilize.

For example, I have a T-Mobile SIM card in my Moto X, and I get LTE service almost everywhere, but I drop down to HSPA+ or even Edge networks occasionally. When I put this SIM in my unlocked AT&T Pre3, I can still connect to the T-Mobile network, but because the Pre3 doesn't have an LTE radio, I'm restricted to 3G and Edge.

Make sense?

What carrier is the SIM card for?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    The answer to the question is NO. No webOS device receives LTE*.

*The touchpad has a modular modem which can be replaced with an LTE capable alternative. But the Pre3s modem is on the motherboard so this will not be possible without serious work.

The best speeds a Pre3 can receive are HSPA+, either on T Mobile or ATT. But good luck finding anything impressive since H+ is now obsolete.

I've seen TMo H+ test as fast as 9mbps but that was years ago. Lately I average 6mbps, better than Sprint3G @ 3mbps but nothing like Sprint LTE @ 18mbps.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Preemptive and joshua764 like this.
    As jlamb0 and TJs11thPre noted, you won't get LTE because the Pre3 doesn't support it. However, it will support HSPA+, EDGE, and GSM. (Side note: From what I have heard, AT&T is shutting down their GSM/EDGE network here shortly.) If the device is unlocked, you can use a SIM for any HSPA+/UMTS/EDGE/GSM carrier that supports the bands of the device you have. As long as the carrier has not specifically limited that SIM to LTE only, it should work fine. (Most carriers don't, but I am sure that there are some specifically targeted plans that a carrier might limit -- for instance, T-Mobile's wearable plan is hardware restricted.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your answers. Until now it is working with 3g. I trust you to continue and att do not close this signal

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yeah hopefully they'll keep 3G alive for quite a while, but I haven't tried to research it to see if there's any info out there.
    joshua764 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Preware in my pre 3 does not find any application. Only installed. Change something that I'm not aware of

Perdón por el off

Last edited by joshua764; 02/23/2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Preware completely errors out if there is one error. It looks like there is a problem with SSL/TLS on your device? I think you might need to update the OpenSSL installed. I would first disable the feed associated with that URL and then update the packages in Preware.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Preware completely errors out if there is one error. It looks like there is a problem with SSL/TLS on your device? I think you might need to update the OpenSSL installed. I would first disable the feed associated with that URL and then update the packages in Preware.
    I disabled the Feed and it updates but it stays the same

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk
  10.    #10  
    Please help muy preware not work

11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Can you use WOSQI?
    Yes

12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Preware in my pre 3 does not find any application. Only installed. Change something that I'm not aware of

Perdón por el off

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e0d21e14c8.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2462f9d2be.jpg
    That error in preware has repair??
    Can you use WOSQI?

You need to disable that feed, then refresh /update. If any others fail, durable them too. It won't load them until they're are no failures.
    joshua764 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You need to disable that feed, then refresh /update. If any others fail, durable disable them too. It won't load them until they're are no failures.
    Para nuestros amigos que hablan español:
    Necesita deshabilitar ese feed, luego actualizar / actualizar. Si otros fallan, deshabilítelos también. No los cargará hasta que no haya fallas.
    So is that feed for certificates blocking the others from loading? Is that part of the functioning of Preware? Because in the past, I think a broken feed gives an error but the others will load. I followed the link chain to Linux From Scratch It looks like it's been recently updated from Mozilla (03.03.2017), so is it a badly formed request by Preware?

That error in preware has repair??
    Yo estaba sugiriendo que si Preware no podía cargar algo, tal vez podría conseguirlo con WOSQI.
    I was suggesting that if Preware could not load something, maybe you could get it with WOSQI.
    Pero si el problema está en la fuente, probablemente tendrá el mismo resultado.
    Siempre se puede desinstalar Preware y reinstalar con WOSQI. ¿Tal vez eso lo arreglaría?
    joshua764 likes this.
  15.    #16  
    Para nuestros amigos que hablan español:

So is that feed for certificates blocking the others from loading? Is that part of the functioning of Preware? Because in the past, I think a broken feed gives an error but the others will load. I followed the link chain to Linux From Scratch It looks like it's been recently updated from Mozilla (03.03.2017), so is it a badly formed request by Preware?

Yo estaba sugiriendo que si Preware no podía cargar algo, tal vez podría conseguirlo con WOSQI.
    I was suggesting that if Preware could not load something, maybe you could get it with WOSQI.
    Pero si el problema está en la fuente, probablemente tendrá el mismo resultado.
    Siempre se puede desinstalar Preware y reinstalar con WOSQI. ¿Tal vez eso lo arreglaría?
    You need to disable that feed, then refresh /update. If any others fail, durable them too. It won't load them until they're are no failures.
    Thank you. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall I hope help. In case you still have the problem to disable the feeds