Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Seems to work well, although I haven't tried sending or receiving any messages yet. Seems to be fluid and snappy!
    I'm wondering, though, if the screen resolution could be scaled a bit? The login screen and the settings screen have elements that fall off the screen, but I can't scroll around to see them.

In any case, great work!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Seems to work well, although I haven't tried sending or receiving any messages yet. Seems to be fluid and snappy!
    I'm wondering, though, if the screen resolution could be scaled a bit? The login screen and the settings screen have elements that fall off the screen, but I can't scroll around to see them.

In any case, great work!
    NEVERMIND, I just found the interface scale option in settings!
    Have been able to send photos in pre3? I do not care if I try. The app freezes. Thank you excel work

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I didn't try to send photos, tbh, but it receives them.
    I noticed a few things :
    -scrolling requires to actively use the finger vs having the screen scrolling with a swipe
    -bringing up a menu by tapping on a phrase tends to flicker and close the menu, like it's taking more than one tap
    This sounds great, but it is not working on Palm Pre 2 (webOS 2.2.4)
    It tries to start but the card immediately disappears, otherwise device reboots.

Any ideas?
    We are about to enter 2017 and ship this great app that needed our palm. Personally I only lack a good web browser, I hope someone gives us that app. I wish you a 2017 full of blessings for the whole Webos family.

enviado desde moto z play.
    mrrekcuf likes this.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    hi all,

has updated the version with minor bug fixed.

enjoys.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrekcuf View Post
    hi all,

has updated the version with minor bug fixed.

enjoys.
    Hey can you please use the pivotCE feed to post the ipk? Then we can use preware to get updates.

Just go here and submit. http://feed.pivotce.com/manage/
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 01/08/2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Many Thanks!
    Tried it once again on my Pre 2 (2.2.4), but no luck.

Is it possible to run the app from the Terminal, so that I could see in the log what is going on?
    Last edited by Charlywhat; 01/09/2017 at 08:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    hi,

you may try this

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kcuf.app.dianbao
    dianbao -platform offscreen

regards
    hfGermany likes this.
    Thank you

It seems to be a Qt compatibility issue
    When I run that command, it tries to start and finally aborts with this message:

Incompatible processor. This Qt build requires the following features:
    neon

Aborted. Incompatible processor: missing feature 0x2 - neon.
    hfGermany likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlywhat View Post
    Thank you

It seems to be a Qt compatibility issue
    When I run that command, it tries to start and finally aborts with this message:

Incompatible processor. This Qt build requires the following features:
    neon

Aborted. Incompatible processor: missing feature 0x2 - neon.
    The Pre 2 uses the OMAP 3 series which doesn't support NEON. It (Qt) would have to be built without NEON support and it should work.

mrrekcuf: Any chance you could share the code or your approach on how you got this working with the community? It seems this is a fully fledged Qt5 port that could be used to create an updated browser for legacy webOS devices as well!
    hfGermany and MudShark22 like this.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webOS Ports View Post
    The Pre 2 uses the OMAP 3 series which doesn't support NEON. It (Qt) would have to be built without NEON support and it should work.
    i thought Pre 2 is support neon ? only pixi does not support neon...
    Great app , finally a IM for webos. thanks.

Works fine on a veer running webos 2.1.2. the only issue is the scalling to the veer resolution. the chats works fine, the settings and contact tap dont. i'm attaching some screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mrrekcuf likes this.
    May you release the source and/or the method you used to compile it? I'd like to make a port for older devices such as palm pre 2.
    installed on my pre3, app starts but doesn't accept number input from the keyboard (quertz). Letters work, external keyboard also. Any solution?
    mrrekcuf likes this.
    ok, this works. Communication with my wife's iphone is possible. Donation is on its way. Nevertheless, would be nice to have some more basic functionality, most important correct keyboard input, acoustic signal for incoming message.
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Wow, it works!! Why does this work, and the version from Pattyland doesn't?
    Just in case somebody is interested: For my LuneOS Version I used the web based version of Telegram, which uses features (crypto stuff etc) not available in the outdated webOS stock browser. This ports is using the QT-based Telegram Desktop, which seams to use different ways to the cryptographic calculation. On the drawback it has problems with lacks adaptation for mobile screens but this seems to be getting better and better. Awesome work mrrekcuf!
    mrrekcuf likes this.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Nice!!!

Later tonight or tomorrow I'll reply because I want to try to build the QT5 libraries in a manner that they can be installed to a shared location for use amongst other apps!

EDIT: That was, of course, with the assumption that this is open source.... I probably shouldn't assume that. Is there a chance that it is?
    hi,

here's the new post :P

QT5 for webOS
    Preemptive likes this.
    I cannot write my phone number in the app... Cannot type anything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast