Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By ajguns
  1.    #1  
    Hi all!

I'm back at webOS with my Preł and I'm trying to tune as possible for it to be my daily driver.
    Thing is, I'm having problems installing patches.
    Preware, it hangs on Downloading/Installing for ever! You can see the "ipkg log" message, also.
    Internalz, "patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line...". See "sc".

I really do not know why (I'm not a "tech-savy" at all), so I'm attaching "screen captures" for you to see what happens.

Also, when loading Preware there's a problem that says "Unable to run command". See "sc" as well.

I appreciate any help.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ajguns; 09/24/2016 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Uploading "Screen Captures"
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    What is the version number on the Preware app you are using?
    It's under Menu > Help

Mine says 1.9.14
    I see two problems. First, the patch file you tried to install with Internalz looks to have been downloaded on the device, as it is an html file, not a patch file. That's exactly what happens when you try to download a forum attachment on a webOS device, as forum attachments can't be downloaded due to a limitation of the OS. You'll have to download the accuweather patch from your PC.

Second, you need a newer version of Preware, because yours is still trying to connect to preware.org, which was lost to a domain squatter. The feeds are now at preware.net. You can download it on your PC using the latest version of webOS Quick Install (4.6.0).
    TJs11thPre and ajguns like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I see two problems. First, the patch file you tried to install with Internalz looks to have been downloaded on the device, as it is an html file, not a patch file. That's exactly what happens when you try to download a forum attachment on a webOS device, as forum attachments can't be downloaded due to a limitation of the OS. You'll have to download the accuweather patch from your PC.
    You are exactly right... :-D
    I hate to use PCs >

Second, you need a newer version of Preware, because yours is still trying to connect to preware.org, which was lost to a domain squatter. The feeds are now at preware.net. You can download it on your PC using the latest version of webOS Quick Install (4.6.0).
    Thanks, I did.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.