Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Shuswap
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I switched on my old Pre 3 again today and had to realise that now even less works than last year:
    - google mail and calendar does not work (I remember last year I had to install a certificate every few days, was it so?)
    - the browser is too old now to display some essential pages like e.g.facebook's mobile site

As far as I understand LuneOS is does not support and is not going to support Pre 3 hardware, right?

Hence, is there anything I could do to get the above stuff working? Anything I missed (I checked preware, but there wasn't really anything new and promising).
    The answers are all here on the forums and in pivotce articles.

The cert grabber still works for Google and Yahoo email, though for a Pre3, the open SSL updater in the Preware alpha feed eliminates the need to do that. For contact and calendar sync, both the Google sync behaviors + ubercalendar patch and the c+dav connector work fine.

For Facebook, the mobile and touch pages both work though not optimally, but that is the only option. Unfortunately, web standards have moved on, though honestly, the biggest problem is all of the heavy frameworks for responsive sites, which I'm not a fan of. Optimize for mobile or don't bother at all. Fast connections and hardware have made optimization unnecessary in the minds of some. /Rant
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    - the browser is too old now to display some essential pages like e.g.facebook's mobile site
    Try https://mbasic.facebook.com

It works on my Pre3. You might need to install and use the SSL updater first. I'm not sure.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    saltcourt likes this.
    Fixing Google Synergy https://pivotce.com/2016/07/07/guide...oogle-synergy/

Try touch.facebook.com and x.facebook.com as well as the above link from Shuswap.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The answers are all here on the forums and in pivotce articles.
    Thank you, I did actually look through some of them. Unfortunately I got rather confused from there.
    Maybe creating a guide like "use your old device today" with the usual pitfalls like the ones described here would help? If not here I shall document my findings on my blog, but I'm not quite there yet.

The cert grabber still works for Google and Yahoo email, though for a Pre3, the open SSL updater in the Preware alpha feed eliminates the need to do that. For contact and calendar sync, both the Google sync behaviors + ubercalendar patch and the c+dav connector work fine.
    The SSL updater helped, I can now access my mail again. However I still get the little sync icon with "check your log-in and password" below. Entering a new password does not work and gives me an internal error. I found some information about no-more-existing APIs and that this could be fixed by a patch you provided. Is that the one I need for this?
    As it seems there is no automated way to get this running, right?

I am still a bit puzzled to find that I am getting this error but can nevertheless access my googlemail account. Why that?

For Facebook, the mobile and touch pages both work though not optimally, but that is the only option. Unfortunately, web standards have moved on, though honestly, the biggest problem is all of the heavy frameworks for responsive sites, which I'm not a fan of. Optimize for mobile or don't bother at all. Fast connections and hardware have made optimization unnecessary in the minds of some. /Rant
    Is there any progress on the new-browsers' front? It looks like the Isis Web project has stopped development. So there does not seem to be any chance?
    Thank you, I did actually look through some of them. Unfortunately I got rather confused from there.
    Maybe creating a guide like "use your old device today" with the usual pitfalls like the ones described here would help?
    Like this?
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

The SSL updater helped, I can now access my mail again. However I still get the little sync icon with "check your log-in and password" below. Entering a new password does not work and gives me an internal error. I found some information about no-more-existing APIs and that this could be fixed by a patch you provided. Is that the one I need for this?
    As it seems there is no automated way to get this running, right?
    I can't remember right now, but it's probably mentioned in the service pack link below. It's not automated.

Is there any progress on the new-browsers' front? It looks like the Isis Web project has stopped development. So there does not seem to be any chance?
    As I understand it, the QT (4.x) framework was ported to webOS as an experiment. It's theoretically possible to do that with the current 5.6 framework and would allow the LuneOS browser to be run. Someone's looking at it, but who can guess if it will happen?
    TJs11thPre and mbert like this.
    Hi all,

What does it mean if the C+DAV Connector says it is syncing successfully (both contacts & Calendar), however both events and contacts are not syncing to my Google account?
    Hi all,

What does it mean if the C+DAV Connector says it is syncing successfully (both contacts & Calendar), however both events and contacts are not syncing to my Google account?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    OK - this is a stupid question but I don't understand how to enable alpha feeds - in order to get the open SSL patch. In every forum post it points to this address: http://webos-internals.org/index.php..._Testing_Feeds (and there is nothing on this page) - I'm lost here.
    Hope I'm not talking to air here...

My Pre 3 suddenly stopped syncing on 12/21/2016, won't send or receive mail, won't connect to Skype or Google Talk in Messages, it's just stuck in Offline.

I already switched calendars and sync to C+DAV, but Browser can connect, so I don't think it's the connection. I also updated the certificates via Certificate Grabber.

Did I miss something?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I had similar issues back in Nov/Dec as well. Wound up deleting my accounts, making sure I had the latest version of C+DAV, carefully cleaning a few databases with Impostah to clear out lingering contacts & Calendar data (sorry, didn't keep track of everything I had to emptied out however I know one was "people 1"), then reinstalling all. I remember still have some issues getting C+DAV to "regain Oauth token". ..and found the trick seems to be to log in to Google first with the browser, then you can regain Oauth token!
    One other thing I'd recommend is dropping Cert Grabber and install the openssl updater. Then you never have to deal with the gmail certificate updates again. I only have to deal with that on my 2.1 devices (since it breaks ssl on 2.1) and a couple devices I've left out the openssl update specifically for testing to help debug issues.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/22/2017 at 08:44 AM.
    One other thing I'd recommend is dropping Cert Grabber and install the openssl updater. Then you never have to deal with the gmail certificate updates again. I only have to deal with that on my 2.1 devices (since it breaks ssl on 2.1) and a couple devices I've left out the openssl update specifically for testing to help debug issues.
    Any news on ssl files other than the Alpha ones? Thread hasn't been updated since August 2016.
    I wouldn't expect it to ever be updated. They work great with no issues at all on every webOS version except 2.1.x.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk