Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have been searching but can't find the answer. Before I had a pre 3 I recall there was discussion of a patch to solve the problem of free tether not working after closing and requiring a reboot to work again. Anyone have knowledge of this?
    It's an app called FreeTether Cleaner. Just run it after you shut off FreeTether, so you don't have to get all frustrated the next time when it doesn't work and have to open the cleaner app below you can tether again.
    jlamb0 likes this.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have been searching but can't find the answer. Before I had a pre 3 I recall there was discussion of a patch to solve the problem of free tether not working after closing and requiring a reboot to work again. Anyone have knowledge of this?
    Freetether patch for Pre3 is in Preware. I just installed it.

    Doh. Ninjad by grabber
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  3. #43  
    For some reason it's still adding +44 to the front of some phone numbers. Anyone know how to stop this?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  4. #44  
    I'd use Nova device installer and flash the att Dr tars. I'm sure it's the row Dr.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  5. #45  
    Check your regional settings. There's a setting for country code, that is used for numbers that don't have one. (i.e. most of them..) Should be set to US, Canada, Caribbean (+1).
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Freetether patch for Pre3 is in Preware. I just installed it.

    Doh. Ninjad by grabber
    LOL only by two hours. I didn't exactly sneak in right before ya.
  7. #47  
    So do I
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    LOL only by two hours. I didn't exactly sneak in right before ya.
    no but you were on the new page of posts where I couldn't see it! i replied from page 2, then saw both our replies on page 3, and was too lazy to just delete it. heheh

    ugh i've spent the last 3 hours deleting my contacts from the Pre3, cleaning up every number in gmail contacts on the PC, and now i'm about to resync and hopefully it will import all the numbers and their prefixes correctly. i just went to the regional settings app and changed from UK to US. D'oh! i'm not used to having to check that.

    so is Impostah obsolete without a Palm Profile to synch back to? Have we discovered a way to shut off any attempts to synch to the dead HP servers?

    lastly, should I install the system logging muffled patch? Do i need to be concerned with some file getting too large and crashing my device? ugh so many old things I can't remember.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    no but you were on the new page of posts where I couldn't see it! i replied from page 2, then saw both our replies on page 3, and was too lazy to just delete it. heheh

    ugh i've spent the last 3 hours deleting my contacts from the Pre3, cleaning up every number in gmail contacts on the PC, and now i'm about to resync and hopefully it will import all the numbers and their prefixes correctly. i just went to the regional settings app and changed from UK to US. D'oh! i'm not used to having to check that.

    so is Impostah obsolete without a Palm Profile to synch back to? Have we discovered a way to shut off any attempts to synch to the dead HP servers?

    lastly, should I install the system logging muffled patch? Do i need to be concerned with some file getting too large and crashing my device? ugh so many old things I can't remember.
    Wish I had thought of it sooner.. But since it's a UK model, I'm not surprised. You probably didn't have to spend all that time cleaning up your contacts. Not that cleanup is a bad thing.

    For the average user, Impostah is not really needed, but I find it extremely useful as a dev.

    Muffle system logging is not a bad thing, but I don't install it often as I tend to look at the logs when troubleshooting and don't want to miss things. There hasn't been a lot of progress on the HP server front, but you can install the EOM Overlord package to stop it from trying to send usage and logs, and there is a how to article in disabling the check for system updates.
    kancept likes this.
  10. #50  
    My problem with the Pre 3 is mostly the lack of a working WhatsApp client, since MWU doesn't work anymore. Moreover, the browser usually struggles with many sites and the Facebook apps for both navigating and chatting aren't good anymore. About YouTube, I don't know if LuneTube works, but still, it's not as good as the Android app. Gmail doesn't connect with the app anymore, but maybe someone came out with a fix, I don't know. Sadly, I can only keep it as an emergency phone in case my Nexus 5 breaks down.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    jlamb0, Rnp and eKeith like this.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    My problem with the Pre 3 is mostly the lack of a working WhatsApp client, since MWU doesn't work anymore.
    I'm in this situation, too!

    Gmail works very well with patches. Youtube, too.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's an app called FreeTether Cleaner. Just run it after you shut off FreeTether, so you don't have to get all frustrated the next time when it doesn't work and have to open the cleaner app below you can tether again.
    Maybe I am not using it right, but barely works for me. Have to reboot most of the time anyway
    UI Designer likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. getting a palm pre 2 in 2016
    By 4m4x in forum Palm Pre 2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04/18/2016, 03:57 PM
  2. Place your bets: something WE want by 2016?
    By TJs11thPre in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04/25/2015, 08:55 PM
  3. P1 Game Zap 2016 Causes Resets
    By rbenjami in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09/30/2005, 04:59 PM
  4. ZAP 2016 problems
    By BEN in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02/01/2001, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions