Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    I'm back at my Preł again... ;-)

It feels so awesome! #webOSisthebest
    I am a new pre3 user,having been a long time franken pre user... It is still good enough for what I do the most.

I think it is not as snappy as the overclocked pre2, I tried to overclock 1901 in uberkernel but had to give that up quickly as it heats up rapidly. Any suggestions as to what is the best profile to use?
    Really? I find my Pre3s to be my fastest phones (well, fastest webOS phones ). My Pre2s are nice too, but the Pre3 always feels faster to me. I've never overclocked them, and rarely overclock the Pre2.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am a new pre3 user,having been a long time franken pre user... It is still good enough for what I do the most.

I think it is not as snappy as the overclocked pre2, I tried to overclock 1901 in uberkernel but had to give that up quickly as it heats up rapidly. Any suggestions as to what is the best profile to use?
    I use UberKernal on my Pre3, but with default settings. It's been a long time since I tried to overclock it.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Yeah same here. I have UK installed as well, but I'm not overclocking.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    I never left my Pre3.. I've yet to find anything worth switching too.. my wife too.. The closest to temptation is the newer Blackberry Priv (first slider in forever).
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah same here. I have UK installed as well, but I'm not overclocking.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Sent from a Pixi? Badass!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Sent from a Pixi? Badass!
    LOL yeah it's a fun little phone to use once in a while.. That one has some skipping keys, so typing that was frustrating.
    jlamb0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Really? I find my Pre3s to be my fastest phones (well, fastest webOS phones ). My Pre2s are nice too, but the Pre3 always feels faster to me. I've never overclocked them, and rarely overclock the Pre2.

Well you know me, I like to experiment and try everything out there to see if I have any use for it. Right now I have 43 patches installed and that's only because I couldn't install some of them. I think the pre2 had around sixty.

I agree the pre3 feels faster, maybe because the build is so much better. When I first got it I spent some time doing the same tasks on each and didn't see much real difference. I swear there are time when the pre3 appears to be saying hold up, I can't do these things at once.

Also when making calls it seems to take longer to connect and start ringing., maybe that has to with at&t network. Still my fav webos device tho, makes the pre2 look cheap
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    The build quality of the HP branded phones are sooo much better. The snap of the Veer slider, and the light clickiness of the keyboard, blow away any Pre/Pre2 I've used. I guess just better choice of plastics.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post

I always had my Pre3 in the 1.7ghz profile. Never had a problem with it.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    The build quality of the HP branded phones are sooo much better. The snap of the Veer slider, and the light clickiness of the keyboard, blow away any Pre/Pre2 I've used. I guess just better choice of plastics.
    Agreed. Basically, Palm had gotten most of it right. Then HP killed it. My only distaste with the Pre3 is the use of a Qualcomm SoC processor, since the RAM was tied into the same chip as the processor, and Qualcomm's SoC platform boots its own embedded OS, which then runs webOS virtually on it. So, that means if the internal OS has a bug and crashes, so does webOS. And there is nothing that any of us (without Qualcomm access) can do about it.... (I believe.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    wideeyed85 likes this.
    I can't imagine NOT using my Pre3 as a daily. The interface on every Android version I've tried is terrible in comparison and a physical keyboard can't be beaten. Also, with my Pre3, I can rsync everything as I walk into WiFi range at home - documents, photo's and videos automatically sync'd to the NAS. I can set entries in the hosts file to access test websites. Almost anything I do on my Linux laptop I can setup on the phone (& TP) as well. Contacts & calensars sync via c+dav.. Dropbox still works. Skype works fine and is integrated into the OS - no extra app running. MaptoolPro is a fantastic map tool. I could go on. Basically, until I can put Lunos on something faster than my Pre3, I am sticking with the Pre3
    cbosdell likes this.
    Well gang, I'm back in the game! My new Pre3 is here and I love it!

This is an unlocked ROW running 224. it came to me clean and in devmode. The life timer counters are all at zero!! I have to assume this is a never used device. It looks perfect!

I'm attempting to load it up. I used wosqi to install preware, then internalz, and the root cert updater. I got the alpha feeds on and brought in openssl updater. I tested my gmail and it is TX/RX as an IMAP account.

Question: with openssl and root cert updater, do I still need the cert grabber?

I love holding this phone. Such a nice piece of hardware. I'm so happy I took the plunge to get it. I have sprint so I linked my number to Google voice. By doing so, I'm able to have my calls ring on the sprint android phone and whichever webOS phone has the active t-mo sim. But the bonus now is Google voice provides free voicemail transcription and you can choose to receive it in email inbox or as text msg. Text msg VM is awesome!

I'm now able to leave my aging Nexus 7 tablet in the bedroom permanently plugged in. My gs4 I carry in my backpack as a mini tablet, so I still have a full function LTE unlimited data sprint device on hand, receiving everything like a backup. It's muted so I don't hear it's notifications.

And I'm carrying the Pre3 for calls and texting. I looooooove this keyboard! So nice to type without errors again.
    I need to test MMS functionality. If anyone has APNs successfully handling picture mail through T-Mobile, phase post here.

I thought I was crazy to impulse buy this phone, but having it two days I'm super excited I have it.

Suggestions on critical apps and patches I should install, please advise here!

Lastly, Preware is having error installing the is framework update its saying is available. What is the solution here?

Thanks for any replies to these questions!! Long live webOS!
    guilledil likes this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Well gang, I'm back in the game! My new Pre3 is here and I love it!

This is an unlocked ROW running 224. it came to me clean and in devmode. The life timer counters are all at zero!! I have to assume this is a never used device. It looks perfect!

I'm attempting to load it up. I used wosqi to install preware, then internalz, and the root cert updater. I got the alpha feeds on and brought in openssl updater. I tested my gmail and it is TX/RX as an IMAP account.

Question: with openssl and root cert updater, do I still need the cert grabber?

I love holding this phone. Such a nice piece of hardware. I'm so happy I took the plunge to get it. I have sprint so I linked my number to Google voice. By doing so, I'm able to have my calls ring on the sprint android phone and whichever webOS phone has the active t-mo sim. But the bonus now is Google voice provides free voicemail transcription and you can choose to receive it in email inbox or as text msg. Text msg VM is awesome!

I'm now able to leave my aging Nexus 7 tablet in the bedroom permanently plugged in. My gs4 I carry in my backpack as a mini tablet, so I still have a full function LTE unlimited data sprint device on hand, receiving everything like a backup. It's muted so I don't hear it's notifications.

And I'm carrying the Pre3 for calls and texting. I looooooove this keyboard! So nice to type without errors again.
    I need to test MMS functionality. If anyone has APNs successfully handling picture mail through T-Mobile, phase post here.

I thought I was crazy to impulse buy this phone, but having it two days I'm super excited I have it.

Suggestions on critical apps and patches I should install, please advise here!

Lastly, Preware is having error installing the is framework update its saying is available. What is the solution here?

Thanks for any replies to these questions!! Long live webOS!
    Welcome back! :-)

Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you about MMS on T-mobile. There's apparently a bug in the Pre3 and it can't handle MMS on T-mo's network. It was kind of a deal breaker for me, and I have to keep my SIM in my android phone basically full time.
    Is anyone using a ROW EU unlocked Pre3 in USA?

I just installed Impostah so I could activate the Device Profile Override, and set it to Pre3 NA (at&t). I'm hoping this modifies the phone dialer behavior, with regard to the country prefixes. It seems to be acting like an EU phone when saving numbers to contacts.

Is this the right thing to do, or is there a more efficient fix? I'm on t-mo so I wasn't sure if I should use the ATT spoof or the Verizon's.

Does this spoof modify which bands are available to RX/TX? I don't want to degrade my tmo data speeds.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Not certain, but I think the masquerade had more to do with the catalog and Preware.
    I have been searching but can't find the answer. Before I had a pre 3 I recall there was discussion of a patch to solve the problem of free tether not working after closing and requiring a reboot to work again. Anyone have knowledge of this?
    One thing I notice on my pre3 is scrolling inside apps not too good and really laggy. At first I thought it was just third party apps, but today I was changing the time for an alarm in the clock app and scrolling though the minutes really difficult. Anyone else or just me?
    Weird. I can't even remember a time I've experienced lag while scrolling on a Pre3. I experience it on the Veer quite a bit, and sometimes on my Pre2. It is highly dependent on activity happening in the background taking CPU and I/O cycles, so the number of accounts and what they are syncing, type of apps installed, etc influence it heavily. Macaw is probably the most intensive app I use on a regular basis - mostly on initial launch as it gets lots of updates.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast