1.    #1  
    So I'm just coming back to webOS with my Pre3 after a number of years away and a frustrating fling with IOS which has ended very badly. First thing i did was reset the device and am just now trying to get preware etc back on it. WOSQI 4.6 and novacom drivers are installed and connects to my phone, but everytime i try and install anything it hangs on 'connecting' for ages (up to 15 minutes) and then gives me a package failed to transfer message.

The novacom service is def running as well so not sure what I'm doing wrong?

any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Bad usb cable, device not in dev mode, old java, bad usb port on device or pc...just to name a few.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Do you have Developer mode enabled?
  4.    #4  
    Hi, yes - although I've been away from webOS for a while I haven't forgotten the basics like enabling developer mode and checking my java version. I have also tried with multiple usb cables, both "official" ones that came with the device and others.

any other suggestions?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    So, what about this set up is different from the past?
    Same phone, Same cables. There have been no updates that have changed USB connectivity.
    And you know the basics, so you're definitely NOT in USB mode... (not even sure if that makes a difference)
    Is it the same PC / OS?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So, what about this set up is different from the past?
    Same phone, Same cables. There have been no updates that have changed USB connectivity.
    And you know the basics, so you're definitely NOT in USB mode... (not even sure if that makes a difference)
    Is it the same PC / OS?
    def not in USB mode - it is a different PC running Windows 10, unfortunately I don't own a Win7 device anymore so if that's a challenge, it may not be one I can overcome!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    def not in USB mode - it is a different PC running Windows 10, unfortunately I don't own a Win7 device anymore so if that's a challenge, it may not be one I can overcome!

I just hooked up a Pre3 to an on-line PC with Win.10, Java 8/11, WOSQI 4.6.0 & Novacom Drivers all freshly installed.
    No problem.
    I even checked parsing the Pre3 both whilst it was, and was not, in USB mode.. again, no probs with either.

Is the 'HOSTS' file on the PC also updated to the 'new' servers? Altho latest 4.6.0 already has those baked-in now, I believe.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/09/2016 at 04:55 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Here's another idea: Have you tried command line access? If it works then you know you're definitely connected and then it's a file transfer problem, not a connection problem.

If it doesn't work, then...
    For what its worth, I installed Ubuntu on a separate partition on my Win10 desktop due to issues with Java/webOS utilities working properly.

On my ASUS laptop running the same Windows version, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever when using WOSQI or webOS doctor.

Not sure how or why my desktop doesn't play nice....it just doesn't.

Ubuntu has never given me any problems in relation to connectivity with my Palm stuff, I actually prefer it to Windows.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Here's another idea: Have you tried command line access? If it works then you know you're definitely connected and then it's a file transfer problem, not a connection problem.

If it doesn't work, then...
    Hi, I actually did use CMD line access as I was enabling the alpha and beta feeds in preware, so it definitely does connect to the device, just seems to be an issue with file transfer.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I just hooked up a Pre3 to an on-line PC with Win.10, Java 8/11, WOSQI 4.6.0 & Novacom Drivers all freshly installed.
    No problem.
    I even checked parsing the Pre3 both whilst it was, and was not, in USB mode.. again, no probs with either.

Is the 'HOSTS' file on the PC also updated to the 'new' servers? Altho latest 4.6.0 already has those baked-in now, I believe.

I'll give it another go at some stage tomorrow when I will have some time - frustrating start, but I suppose I better get used to this if I want webos to be my daily driver again!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Something else you might check is firewall/antivirus software. I can't use WOSQI on my work laptop anymore because the Symantec software keeps it from working properly. Sometimes reinstalling the novacom drivers would work long enough for a novaterm session, but I couldn't install anything with WOSQI.