1. GLO
    I have been unable for awhile to send messages or reply to Yahoo e-mail messages on my Pre 3 despite being able to receive new ones and read my mail. I've gotten several error type messages, most commonly Requested encryption not supported by server. Has the encryption changed from SSL?
    For what it's worth, I found that using the method here: Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE (Imap & smtp) did the trick for me. I have no idea why unless some intermediate certificate expired and is perhaps required by the mail server - I think Cert Grabber takes the last in the chain only, which works most of the time, as I think the 'higher level' certs last longer. But if a fully valid chain is required and the intermediates are out of date. Note that the previous Yahoo SMTP certificate expired on January 26th, but Cert Grabber should have you covered there. I don't know what the expiry date on the intermediate was, so again, maybe that was the problem and a download of the full set is the fix.

I don't know if you have tried the OpenSSL update. I know the installation can be a bit tricky, but it seems to work for most. As long as you have the latest root certificate package, it should all work invisibly.

One 'issue' I've noticed is frequent alerts that the Yahoo account is syncing. I would have thought it would be up to date by now. It doesn't affect sending and receiving mail. Oddly (& entirely anecdotally) a friend has also been having mail problems - totally different service and and Apple devices. I've not heard of general problems with mail servers or certificates.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/25/2016 at 06:53 PM.
  3. GLO
    The 1st suggestion worked in March 2015 for me, but the problem recurred. I've fixed the ability to read Yahoo e-mails with Certificate Grabber, but I still cannot successfully send Yahoo e-mails on my Pre 3. I don't know what else to do.
  4. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    The 1st suggestion worked in March 2015 for me, but the problem recurred. I've fixed the ability to read Yahoo e-mails with Certificate Grabber, but I still cannot successfully send Yahoo e-mails on my Pre 3. I don't know what else to do.
    I have used Certificate Grabber and Open SSL Update. I can read my Yahoo e-mails fine, and when I try to send one, it indicates it was sent, but my attempted message is not received, and rather than winding up in my sent folder in Yahoo mail, it winds up in my Outbox Folder, which seems to be messages I have tried to send but have not been able to send. I don't get it.
    If you have the OpenSSL update, I'm out of ideas really. You shouldn't need Cert Grabber with it. You should have the root cert upgrade package that it uses to qualify all the others (see service pack link below). I don't know if using Cert Grabber and the update together would cause problems - I'd guess not, but...

Did your problem occur despite the OpenSSL update or sometime after? Did you carefully follow instructions about removing the old certificates? I'm struggling here. Hopefully one of the experts will chip in.
    Root Certs Update | webOS Nation
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/26/2016 at 07:15 AM.
    Español.
    Hola: Estoy teniendo el siguiente problema con la app certificate grabber. Funcionaba bien, hasta que vi que no aparecían los certificados, corría la aplicación y no los encontraba. Dentro de información del dispositivo, en certificados de seguridad tampoco aparecían y si tocaba en agregar, se me mostraban pero no los agregaba a la lista; los certificados que aparecen allí son: api.retargetly.com, *.w55c.net y endpoint1.collection.sumologic.com. Sin embargo los certificados están ubicados en media/internal/sslcerts, siendo los certificados que allí figuran los siguientes: googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem, openssl.out, openssl.out.1, yahooimap.pem y yahoosmtp.pem.

Intenté quitar la aplicación de formas diferentes, no logrando hacerlo, intenté con Quick install, Preware y desde Información del dispositivo. Reiniciando el dispositivo, logre desinstalar la app, luego la reinstalé pero continua el problema.
    Sin embargo,pude comprobar que recibo y envío correos desde Yahoo, Hotmail y Gmail.

English. Sorry for the translation. I use google translate.
    Hello I'm having the following problem with the app certificate grabber. It worked fine, until I saw that did't appear certificates, ran the application and could not find them. Within device information, on security certificates they not appear and if played to add, they showed me but not added to the list; certificates that appear there are api.retargetly.com, * .w55c.net and endpoint1.collection.sumologic.com. However certificates are located in media/internal/sslcerts, there being certificates include: googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem, openssl.out, openssl.out.1, yahooimap.pem and yahoosmtp.pem.

I tried to remove the application of different forms, failing to do so, I tried Quick install, Preware and from information device. Rebooting the device, uninstall the app achieved, then reinstalled but the problem continues.
    However, I could see that receipt and sending emails from Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    I have used Certificate Grabber and Open SSL Update. I can read my Yahoo e-mails fine, and when I try to send one, it indicates it was sent, but my attempted message is not received, and rather than winding up in my sent folder in Yahoo mail, it winds up in my Outbox Folder, which seems to be messages I have tried to send but have not been able to send. I don't get it.
    Marty,

You have to delete the old yahoo account on the phone. After you update the SSL you have to set up the email manually. Then you will be able to send and receive yahoo mail. I use it as my main email on my pre3.

Regards,

-Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by pjfercue View Post
    Hello I'm having the following problem with the app certificate grabber. It worked fine, until I saw that did't appear certificates, ran the application and could not find them. Within device information, on security certificates they not appear and if played to add, they showed me but not added to the list; certificates that appear there are api.retargetly.com, * .w55c.net and endpoint1.collection.sumologic.com. However certificates are located in media/internal/sslcerts, there being certificates include: googleimap.pem, googlesmtp.pem, openssl.out, openssl.out.1, yahooimap.pem and yahoosmtp.pem.

I tried to remove the application of different forms, failing to do so, I tried Quick install, Preware and from information device. Rebooting the device, uninstall the app achieved, then reinstalled but the problem continues.
    However, I could see that receipt and sending emails from Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail.
    You may have the same problem as I had. (corrupted certificate index)
    google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    You can either read back up that thread or just follow the link on my post for the fix.

Unfortunately, though it solved that problem, I continue to have certificate problems with Google (on the TP).

I'm using Yahoo on a Pre3 with no problems.