Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I finally gave in and had to abandon my beloved Pre3 for a BB Z10. Hate the BB OS, but forced into it. Is it permissible to sell my assorted Pre3s, Pre2/Plus, and parts on this forum? If so I can post pics and a list of what I have. Thanks.
    There's a marketplace forum here. I'd look at some of the other ads to get a sense of the preferred listing format. I know that they're quite particular about the required elements in a listing over at CrackBerry, and the minimum number of posts a person must have before the can list (which you appear to have met from what I can see on the Forums app). I would expect that there are similar expectations here.

Best of luck with the sales!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Right. I just spaced it out since I haven't been a regular here for quite a while. Thanks
    If you have not been a regular here for a while, tell us what issues you have with your Pre and maybe we can suggest you some solytions, we are still actively using ours!

I have a Pre3 still running what I need, Twitter, Mail, Phone, Maps, Forums, Foursquare, Lunetube, eBay, you name it, we tell you what works, with which patches, or not

Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    If you have not been a regular here for a while, tell us what issues you have with your Pre and maybe we can suggest you some solytions, we are still actively using ours!

I have a Pre3 still running what I need, Twitter, Mail, Phone, Maps, Forums, Foursquare, Lunetube, eBay, you name it, we tell you what works, with which patches, or not

I asked this on another post regarding the sprint network and the original Palm Pre. I had left my frankenPre in Germany so I used a temporary phone until I got mine back but when I went to reactivate the phone number on the frankenpre it could not reactivate. Well long story short was I couldn't reactivate that particular modem since I guess I didn't have the original Palm Pre it came out of. So now my question was could I activate another Palm Pre on the Sprint network now or not because anything other OS hasn't been quite pleasant besides using a windows phone.But I would prefer just going back to a Palm Pre.
    thanks for any replies
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The problem is that the Pre3 keeps getting kicked off the towers. I thought it was the phone so I swapped it with another Pre3 with the same result. It is a fairly recent development that Verizon could not resolve. I love the Pre3 and everything aout it, except that it stopped playing nice with Verizon.
    First, yes, you can still activate a Pre on Sprint. I started to type a complete answer out, but it got really long and complicated because there were too many variables. Short answer is yes, but the steps will depend on exactly what you want to do and what information you have about the modem in the franken Pre. I'll finish this when u get to my PC.

Have you erased the franken Pre already? (don't if you haven't already) The rest of the steps depend that answer.
    Do you know the MEID of the Sprint modem that is in it? (I'm guessing you do since you already tried to reactivate it. Unfortunately, you still can't activate a Sprint modem in a franken Pre)
    If so, do you have the MSL code for that modem in case you need it to complete activation?
    Do you have another Sprint Pre you can activate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    First, yes, you can still activate a Pre on Sprint. I started to type a complete answer out, but it got really long and complicated because there were too many variables. Short answer is yes, but the steps will depend on exactly what you want to do and what information you have about the modem in the franken Pre. I'll finish this when u get to my PC.

Have you erased the franken Pre already? (don't if you haven't already) The rest of the steps depend that answer.
    Do you know the MEID of the Sprint modem that is in it? (I'm guessing you do since you already tried to reactivate it. Unfortunately, you still can't activate a Sprint modem in a franken Pre)
    If so, do you have the MSL code for that modem in case you need it to complete activation?
    Do you have another Sprint Pre you can activate?
    that is very comforting to know!.. I was worried when these sprint techs were telling me to give up lol.. I thought no way!!..anyways I will acquire one shortly and get back with you guys if I have any pertinent concerns.
    thanks!
    The last time I activated a Pre, they tried to talk me into buying a new phone too. If you can answer the above questions, we can come up with a plan that is the least painful based on that and what you're comfortable doing.
    The last time I activated a Pre, they tried to talk me into buying a new phone too. If you can answer the above questions, we can come up with a plan that is the least painful based on that and what you're comfortable doing.
    unfortunately they did a reset on the FrankenPre ( which ticked me off cuz I told them I was receiving friends SMS messages when they did the provisioning on the phone ) once we did the reset it wiped the phone completely..and that's when I couldn't reconnect to the network.
    I had a spare Palm Pre ( or assumed it was my original one I pulled the modem off of but it wouldn't activate in there so went and found an original off of craigslist)
    So at this point I just picked up the one from CL and it looks original ( not tampered with) I don't know if the ESN is clear though so unless there was something else you were going to suggest I was going to proceed with activating this one and pulling the board off and placing it back in the original FrankenPre and remove my original sprint board.
    thanks for the help too
    Sorry to hear that happened. Since the Franken Pre has already been wiped, it doesn't matter which modem you activate in the Pre, because all of the info on the Franken Pre is already gone. What I was going to suggest if it hadn't been wiped already was put the modem from it into the Sprint Pre to activate. So at this point, you are starting fresh with it. Activate the Pre, swap the modem into the Pre2 (it is a Pre2 not a Pre+ right?) and run the appropriate meta doctor for the phone. You should fire it up once before doctoring just to make sure it's working, and if you're lucky, it'll pick up the Sprint signal and data and you won't need to doctor, but I've never been so fortunate. If I don't put in the same modem, it won't connect to Sprint.
    Sorry to hear that happened. Since the Franken Pre has already been wiped, it doesn't matter which modem you activate in the Pre, because all of the info on the Franken Pre is already gone. What I was going to suggest if it hadn't been wiped already was put the modem from it into the Sprint Pre to activate. So at this point, you are starting fresh with it. Activate the Pre, swap the modem into the Pre2 (it is a Pre2 not a Pre+ right?) and run the appropriate meta doctor for the phone. You should fire it up once before doctoring just to make sure it's working, and if you're lucky, it'll pick up the Sprint signal and data and you won't need to doctor, but I've never been so fortunate. If I don't put in the same modem, it won't connect to Sprint.
    Strange....now I tried this before I went on a quest to search for another palm pre (sprint original) but it wouldn't activate on the original pre ( only thing I could suspect was it was not my original palm pre from long ago and the modem would not connect.)
    Yes it is a Pre 2 and since sprint did the reset on it I think it is back to 2.1.4??? Don't remember the version right off hand. So I will try and activate this original pre which has version 1.4.5 on it and swap this modem onto the Pre2 ...if no worky then its metadoctor time hey??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
    I finally gave in and had to abandon my beloved Pre3 for a BB Z10. Hate the BB OS, but forced into it. Is it permissible to sell my assorted Pre3s, Pre2/Plus, and parts on this forum? If so I can post pics and a list of what I have. Thanks.
    Please use the Marketplace forum to sell your items - be sure to read the rules for posting in this thread.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    That's what I'll do. This thread has been totally hijacked, but thanks for answering my original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
    That's what I'll do. This thread has been totally hijacked, but thanks for answering my original post.
    I apologize Dobrodan,
    I was just combing the forums and I had placed my questions on an older thread similar to my issue but wasn't getting feedback sooner than I needed.... I was desperate for an answer else I was about to give up the FrankenPre route on the Sprint network.
    Sorry bout that
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    No problem. I hope you solve your issues.
    Question,
    I know I mentioned about swapping the modem from the Pre2 back to an original Palm Pre ( which I thought was my original phone) and it kept showing "offline". Well now I acquired this 2nd hand palm pre ( for sprint) and it shows it connects to sprint but when I pull that modem off and put mine on ( which was on the palm pre 2 ) and it shows offline as well..I checked the radio and it shows a firmware version when its on the Verizon Pre2( doesn't show unknown as in suspecting it is corrupt) . Am I missing something ?? Sprint techs tell me once again they cant activate the 2nd hand Sprint Pre because its not active or supported on the network or not recognized and said its possibly because it was active on another network. So I dunno what my options are here.
    Tell them you know that's baloney. I just activated one a week or two ago. At the time I was experimenting with custom meta-doctors and had it in a Pre2 trying to activate it, and I had to swap it back into a Pre body to complete the process using the ##RTN# reset. I think I have had modems sometimes not work in different Sprint Pre bodies for no obvious reasons - even an activated modem. Just make sure the MEID you give them is the one for the modem if it has been swapped. It will display in the device info app even if it won't lock on to the network for some reason.

treolivesuk likes this.
    Tell them you know that's baloney. I just activated one a week or two ago. At the time I was experimenting with custom meta-doctors and had it in a Pre2 trying to activate it, and I had to swap it back into a Pre body to complete the process using the ##RTN# reset. I think I have had modems sometimes not work in different Sprint Pre bodies for no obvious reasons - even an activated modem. Just make sure the MEID you give them is the one for the modem if it has been swapped. It will display in the device info app even if it won't lock on to the network for some reason.

Just an update... there was a mix up in data plans on the sprint account and now they said they should be able to get me back on with the sprint palm pre that I have.. but the tech said they would contact me in an hour because they didn't know exactly how to do this.. well an hour has not been 24 hrs now hehe... been busy with other things so I will update you on the results in the next couple of days
    thanks for the help once again
    That seems like a great price for all that stuff. I don't know what the rules are in the U.S., but you might want to mention the HP server shutdown, perhaps pointing to threads here or articles on pivotCE. It's a simple matter to bypass activation on those phones, but a buyer might expect an active app catalogue and might not want to perform the various fixes. You would at least avoid complaints from the uninitiated.

Of course, you are likely to get interest from enthusiasts here, so it may not be an issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast