1.    #1  
    Hi,

My pre3 (french version AZERTY) finally gave up on me. The screen got cracked and the touch is unusable yet the mainboard is good. I plan to buy a ATT Pre3 with 16GB and 4G. Far as i have understood this works in Ireland but ....here are the questions:
    1.Can this phone be unlocked?
    2.Can i initiliase this phone yet the servers are down and use full phone functionality i.e. SMS, 4G , GMAIL
    3. Can i use some SW to download my contacts as by the usual means this is not possible to export with the touch faulty. I have a 1 year old backup only so not everithing ios lost.

PS: GMAIL stopped working after a while and never bothered to find out if anyhting can be done to revive it. Some error relating to encription but i suspect some certification issues.

All help is welcome and thank you before i commit to purchase my replacement as i cannot find a PRE3 suitalble replacement yet mainly due to the HW keyboard

Best Regards Syl
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I can never remember what US carriers have CDMA
    I think is Sprint but i could be wrong.ATT is the same as vodafone here AT&T | What You Need to Know About Your Network
    Quote Originally Posted by sylmarils View Post
    Hi,

My pre3 (french version AZERTY) finally gave up on me. The screen got cracked and the touch is unusable yet the mainboard is good. I plan to buy a ATT Pre3 with 16GB and 4G. Far as i have understood this works in Ireland but ....here are the questions:
    1.Can this phone be unlocked?
    Yes. http://dogber1.blogspot.co.uk/2011/0...sm-phones.html Thread: Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert
    I can't ever remember what US networks use CDMA or GSM, but in Europe, GSM is what you need. If you doctor it, there's this: How to bypass the activation | pivotCE
    2.Can i initiliase this phone yet the servers are down and use full phone functionality i.e. SMS, 4G , GMAIL
    Pretty sure it's fast 3G not 4G - unless the American models got that, but yes, that stuff will work after a few patches. You don't get auto backup, profile, remote wipe or the app catalogue of course, but we've got the app gallery here and Preware.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
    3. Can i use some SW to download my contacts as by the usual means this is not possible to export with the touch faulty. I have a 1 year old backup only so not everithing ios lost.
    You should be able to import a .vcf file to the new phone... I think if you patch with WOSQI and can use the H/W keyboard, you may even be able to export what you have and... or maybe you have to press a button on the screen... No, I tried. I can type the code, but 'enter' doesn't dial it. It might work if it was stored as a contact. You could make a #*66623# vcf, but then you'd need to open it in internals or something and you'd still have to tap the Cellebrite export button on the screen. Maybe there's a complex or command line way to do an export, but I don't know it.
    Export all your contacts | webOS Nation
    PS: GMAIL stopped working after a while and never bothered to find out if anyhting can be done to revive it. Some error relating to encription but i suspect some certification issues.
    Fixable in multiple ways, including permanently with an alpha fix - see the service pack link below
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/13/2016 at 07:09 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes. Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones Thread: Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert
    I can't ever remember what US networks use CDMA or GSM, but in Europe, GSM is what you need. If you doctor it, there's this: How to bypass the activation | pivotCE

Pretty sure it's fast 3G not 4G - unless the American models got that, but yes, that stuff will work after a few patches. You don't get auto backup, profile, remote wipe or the app catalogue of course, but we've got the app gallery here and Preware.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
    Yeah i did some reaserch on that and its correct. Its actually marketed as 4G but its actually 3.5G or H+ and nowhere in the specs says LTE. The ATT version has double the Flash do compared to the EU versions

You should be able to import a .vcf file to the new phone... I think if you patch with WOSQI and can use the H/W keyboard, you may even be able to export what you have and... or maybe you have to press a button on the screen... No, I tried. I can type the code, but 'enter' doesn't dial it. It might work if it was stored as a contact. You could make a #*66623# vcf, but then you'd need to open it in internals or something and you'd still have to tap the Cellebrite export button on the screen. Maybe there's a complex or command line way to do an export, but I don't know it.
    Export all your contacts | webOS Nation

Fixable in multiple ways, including permanently with an alpha fix - see the service pack link below
    Thank You -its what i'm looking for. I tried #*66623# but touch is dead so i cannot export further. I will try and dig out how to do it another way on that link.
    ...Love this forum, always get my Pre3 going AGAIN. Some calling it zombie but i love it and until there is a better one i will keep it that way.

BR Syl
    I think I forgot this handy link:
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

I'm pretty sure that using novacom, you could gain command line access and interrogate the DB8 database. That would probably just give raw data not formatted to vcf. Maybe there's even a CLI command to launch the cellebrite export. Maybe some bright spark from webOS Ports could help...

If you are any good with this stuff, I just happened to be lurking when this link was posted:
    https://developer.lge.com/webOSTV/de...ide/db8/query/

Perhaps you can work it out yourself. There appears to be a sample query for contacts there.