Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
Like Tree16Likes
  1. #21  
    why not changing carrier ?
    Alan Morford likes this.
  2. grover5's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,937 Global Posts
    #22  
    They do have the priv on T-Mobile and at&t. Actually you can buy them for close to $300 unlocked on eBay and use them on either GSM carrier.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I was looking for an existing discussion to tack this thought to... Here seemed appropriate.

    This past week i had some brief speculation about what could possibly replace my Pre2. I looked up the BB Priv...

    Well it seems Sprint pulled out, and so my carrier will be the only one not getting a version of the Priv. The one Android phone i would have considered. Denied.

    I guess I'll be using this phone until technology progression forces it's obsolescence. *Sigh*
    Nothing new with Sprint. I would've left Sprint years ago, but I'm on a family plan. Sprint's phone offerings have always lagged WAY behind the other major carriers.

    I held on to my fourth launch day Pre until January 2015. I replaced it with a Blackberry phone because comments I'd read from former WebOS users said BB 10 had more WebOS-like features than Android and iOS. I had to settle for a Blackberry Q10 because,.. . . . . . you guessed it, Sprint didn't carry the latest Blackberry phone like AT&T and Verizon!

    Since Sprint sales reps tried to shove Android phones down your throat with every visit, I just knew they would carry the Frankenberry. . er. . . .I mean Blackberry Priv Android phone. They must just hate Blackberry. But I wouldn't be interested in the Priv anyway because I hate the Android UI.
    Last edited by purplepansy; 06/27/2016 at 02:40 AM. Reason: add color to boldfaced text and additional comments
  4. #24  
    I'm in the same boat. It seems I always pick the losing side. I'm not sure if that's a fault of mine or everyone else. I'm grudgingly learning to tolerate Android (as I have iOS) but neither are anywhere near as efficient and fun to use as webOS and BB10.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  5.    #25  
    So I bought a Priv ...now it's moribund too... will the cellphone purveyors find out & ban me ??

    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I still have Pre3, Veer, & Touchpad... have moved on to Passport for the PKB... now also dead... is it me??
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    So I bought a Priv ...now it's moribund too... will the cellphone purveyors find out & ban me ??
    Any interest in trading or selling the Priv?

    Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 06/27/2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    So I bought a Priv ...now it's moribund too... will the cellphone purveyors find out & ban me ??
    Why do you say that about the Priv? Sure BlackBerry took their time but it finally got Marshmallow and they've rolled out the security updates every month faster than almost anyone. I'd say between that and the 2-3 Android phones they are releasing later this year they are pretty committed to Android.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  8.    #28  
    Why buy it used? Wait , what... they're selling it unlocked under $400 US & likely the fire sale will match the Touchpad event (I grabbed it for $99 then) both devices starting out over $700, remember??
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Any interest in trading or selling the Priv?

    Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    Why buy it used? Wait , what... they're selling it unlocked under $400 US & likely the fire sale will match the Touchpad event (I grabbed it for $99 then) both devices starting out over $700, remember??
    What fire sale? I haven't read anything about Bb having a firesale.
    And I'd trade or buy it used because it's cheaper. And I have a lot of stuff to trade!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    They have a term for us: "Harbinger of Failure"

    Are you a “harbinger of failure”? | MIT News
    Yeah. I kinda am.... But!! I have learned to be able to pick up the skills needed to support myself after the product goes away. I have also learned that if you buy something you like to buy a few more. And buy parts. And buy things that are "modular". It is one of the reasons that I started wearing shoes that were made "the old way". Not because shoes will be a thing of the past, but my favorite brand or style might, but the item I have can conceivably live forever. Same holds for webOS.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  11. #31  
    Should we try the strategy of "we are harbingers of failure, pay us to buy your competitor's product / to not buy your product" ?
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  12. #32  
    If any future webOS phone is ever produced, I hereby suggest that the 'Pre' name is dropped in favour of, 'The Harbinger of Failure'.

    "Hey, what's that phone you have? Is it a new Blackberry?"
    "Nope, this is the LuneOS Harbinger of Failure 1"
    "You don't see many hardware keyboards on phones these days."
    "It's kind of unique. They're hoping to add a touchscreen to the HoF2."
    "What about Colour?"
    "That would ruin the purity of the UI!"
  13. briest's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    #33  
    Future webOS phone (if any) should be named "Post"
    T5, Clié NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    Preemptive likes this.
  14. #34  
    Of course an important part of being a harbinger of failure is being a visionary.

    To give a webOS example: I once tried to explain to an iOS user the usefulness of the card-view (and it's integrated multitasking). I was unable to do so, because to her multitasking and seeing multiple apps open at once seemed useless...especially on phones (she could maybe see a use on a tablet). Of course now Apple has a weak implementation of the card-view, and a more centralized implementation on Apple WatchOS3, and the people would couldn't envision the use now feel it's an important feature. Something similar is the case with synergy (or Apple's new unified messaging app).

    So in short there are two reasons to be a HoF: either you simply have a bad or weird taste, or you are a visionary who lives ahead of time and sees value in something the world just isn't ready for yet. From the outside we will be considered the former, but we all know which one we really are.
  15. #35  
    No kidding. When apple says do it then the sheep finally do it.

    The other day i tried to do something on friend's iphone while he was driving. I couldn't really figure it out, but then out of habit i went to close the app by swiping up.

    And away it went. Just like webOS.

    Thieves.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

    And away it went. Just like webOS.

    Thieves.
    thieves and grave robbers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 500000 CEOs
    By laoh in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/10/2011, 06:45 PM
  2. Wireless CEOs go to Washington, D.C.
    By ilovedessert in forum North American Carriers (GSM)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/07/2011, 02:28 PM
  3. CEOs that all of a sudden sound really retarded
    By tj8212 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09/05/2007, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions