1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Looks like Hotmail is not working correctly as of two weeks ago or something like that (I received an email from MS last month about upcoming changes to my Hotmail account and at the same time my Pre3 showed problems my Hotmail account in MS Outlook 2007 with Outlook Connector stopped working). In my case in webOS for each folder I have I get two names when I try to move an email (and the move instruction did not work at all). Also the download attachment was not working for me. So the solution in my case was to setup Hotmail as an IMAP account.

Just let me know if this has happened to someone else.

Cheers,

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by guilledil; 01/01/2016 at 07:34 AM.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I just tried sending and receiving in Hotmail. Both failed.

On send, error reports that outgoing mail server's security cert has expired.

I WAS able to successfully reach the inbox through the web browser.

How do we get new security cert? Should the new rootcert and openssl apps have handled this? They are installed.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  3.    #3  
    Oh, sorry about that. I forgot to mention the initial problems I had when setting Hotmail as IMAP. I only had the OpenSSL Updater installed when first tried. It gave me the security cert error when sending. The inbox worked fine. Then I installed the RootCertsUpdate by frantid and the sending began working (maybe you could try uninstalling and installing it again in case a new cert appeared, maybe deleting some expired cert manually too?). I rebooted just in case. The settings are like this:
    Incoming: imap-mail.outlook.com, SSL,993
    Outgoing: smtp-mail.outlook.com, auth ON, TLS, 587

Hope it helps,

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Thanks.

I uninstalled the mailbox, uninstalled the root cert app, then reinstalled each, setting the box up with the IMAP settings. It took a second attempt but was finally successful.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/31/2015 at 09:24 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!