Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imfallen_angel
  1.    #1  
    HI! I just got my Hp Pre 3 and I'm having a couple issues, first I need skype and my phone doesn't have it. I went through that other thread and got it to show up in App Catalog but I can't download it from there, Second I can't get google mail working at all could someone give me a link to a tutorial? Third facebook won't let me login under accounts can I fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by loliposterior View Post
    HI! I just got my Hp Pre 3 and I'm having a couple issues, first I need skype and my phone doesn't have it. I went through that other thread and got it to show up in App Catalog but I can't download it from there, Second I can't get google mail working at all could someone give me a link to a tutorial? Third facebook won't let me login under accounts can I fix that?
    Skype was included in the Pre 3 for some carriers, not for all. I'm sure a helpful member here can hook you up.

App Catalog was shut down by HP earlier this year, so you're out of luck there. Preware is your source of apps for now.

For Google email/contacts/calendar to work again you'll need: OpenSSL-Updater - Fixing Certificate Issues and also Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch

This is due to enhanced security features by Google that are not supported out of the box on our 2011 OS anymore but for which the community has come up with solutions as usual

www.pivotce.com is a good site with a lot of useful articles and guides on how to keep your devices up and running
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Are you looking for a Skype app?

On my UK Pre 3, Skype is just one of the account types you can add using the Accounts app - perhaps you know this? - and then Skype functionality is just built in alongside normal phone function.
    Quote Originally Posted by loliposterior View Post
    Third facebook won't let me login under accounts can I fix that?
    You are out of luck there. Facebook removed their end of the HP webOS Facebook interface about a year ago. The Facebook app (and account) is dead.

You can just use Facebook through the web browser. That's what I do. It is a shame not to get the notifications any more, but it is not the end of the world.
    Skype is built-in (at least in my 2 Pre3 and my Touchpads), you just need to set up your login in the account manager.

Just use it via your "phone" app, just use Skype to make the call (check your options to select it). Once the call is going, you can switch to video call.

Alternative, in your chat, use the menu to get a new Buddy, and once the chat started, click the name and you'll have a drop down menu to call or video.

I JUST tested it, even created a new account and was calling myself from one phone to another and with my Touchpads. (chat and video)
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 11/05/2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    TJs11thPre likes this.