Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By uniwheat
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

Please help me out. I am from India, I am using Airtel Sim. I have a working internet Plan,
    I am unable to Create Webos Account while Turning on HP PRE Cell.

Please help me out with this.

Please Find Screenshot of the Error i'am getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP servers have been shut down for some time. This site has many topics on how to bypass activation. Start here:
    https://pivotce.com/2015/06/24/tip-h...ss-activation/
    I am having a similar issue with VZW Pre3. I haven't activated with the carrier yet but put phone in dev mode. Used wosqi to install impostah but get errors:

service Error (authenticateFromDevice): 0 - if I try to login
    Service Error (createDeviceAccount): 0 - if try to create new account

searching forum but have not found anything that addresses these errors after HP shut the servers down.
    Quote Originally Posted by uniwheat View Post
    I am having a similar issue with VZW Pre3. I haven't activated with the carrier yet but put phone in dev mode. Used wosqi to install impostah but get errors:

service Error (authenticateFromDevice): 0 - if I try to login
    Service Error (createDeviceAccount): 0 - if try to create new account

searching forum but have not found anything that addresses these errors after HP shut the servers down.
    What are you trying to log in to? What new account are you trying to create?

It can't be a Palm profile because the servers are gone. If you have bypassed the activation screen, you either need to pop in an already activated SIM card or for CMDA, ask the operator to do it on the network.

As far as I'm aware, you cannot access much functionality until the activation screen is bypassed. If you are trying to login or create accounts, that would suggest you have successfully done this. Are you able to connect to WiFi and surf the web? Then you're in and just need to get cellular access.

To set up other services, see the service pack link below.
    Uniwheat -

I can't help with initial setup, but in the US, I have been using PagePlus rather than Verizon for 3 years:
    Page Plus Cellular is a prepaid Verizon Wireless mobile virtual network operator in the United States operated by TracFone Wireless, Inc.

My basic plan is about $35/month,which seems cheaper than any other, but I believe that the Pre3 cannot have been previously activated on the Verizon network.

Might be worth exploring ... let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    Uniwheat -

I can't help with initial setup, but in the US, I have been using PagePlus rather than Verizon for 3 years:
    Page Plus Cellular is a prepaid Verizon Wireless mobile virtual network operator in the United States operated by TracFone Wireless, Inc.

My basic plan is about $35/month,which seems cheaper than any other, but I believe that the Pre3 cannot have been previously activated on the Verizon network.

Might be worth exploring ... let us know.
    Hmm, I was just wondering about whether the Pre3 worked on PagePlus or not.. I think the Vzw unit I have was used on Verizon before..
    Hi Everyone,

Preemptive - I have bypassed the activation screen thanks to this forum and used wosqi to upload Impostah. I didn't realize that I just needed to do the bypass. I'll chat with Vzw to get this activated tomorrow.

HankSimon - I currently have a Pre3 activated on Vzw. I am just switching over to another one as the current has a cracked screen.

Grabber - I agree, this is good to know.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

--Uniwheat
    Mutoidi likes this.