Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By petbull
  1.    #1  
    Have been searching for an existing thread without luck....

I wanted to clean up some programs and so went to the software manager app. It opens briefly but then I get the white screen with the yellow triangle/exclamation point and "This action could not be completed. Try again later."

It's no rush or emergency, but makes me nervous that it's not working...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post

I wanted to clean up some programs and so went to the software manager app. It opens briefly but then I get the white screen with the yellow triangle/exclamation point and "This action could not be completed. Try again later."

HP shut down the app catalog earlier this year which is most likely the cause for this. You can use Preware to remove the apps you want to remove.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2

Recently noticed this myself.

So here's a thread: The Zombie & Dead app list (last three posts. Also other non-functional system apps)
    It is probably checking for updates to apps and the system - which obviously won't be coming from HP. It can likely be patched to skip this if anyone gets around to it, but though the app may have some use, it's not urgent. Preware can be used to review HB apps and check for updates there. I don't think there's much crossover, but if people back up and reinstall their apps via Preware, then the software manager may become redundant. But I can't remind myself of all it's features if it won't run!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/21/2015 at 09:09 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I guess the first thing to delete with Preware is the HP app catalog...may it rest in peace?
    I guess the first thing to delete with Preware is the HP app catalog...may it rest in peace?
    You cannot delete it I think But you can hide the icon by modifying appinfo.json for it. I think Grabber 5.0 made some patch for it as well
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I just create an extra page on my launcher and move the apps that don't work, can't delete or never use to that last page. I never scroll there and they don't bother me. But it is getting bigger!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Yeah, I started doing that a while back too. I do like having the Software Manager working though. Sometimes it displays the app info a bit nicer.