Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By petbull
  1.    #1  
    I have a couple ATT Pre 3's that I am keeping alive, still working great for the most part.

However, lately in the messaging app I can't reply to text messages in a thread. I have this message:
    "Texts can no longer be sent or received in this conversation". However I can open a new thread and send one message, works fine, but can't reply to any of them.

Skype conversations work fine, can reply to those just fine. Only the ATT text threads don't work.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I had this happen and I am fuzzy on the details. It was when I switched back and forth between my veer and Pre3. Are you swapping the sim card?
    Preemptive likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I had this happen and I am fuzzy on the details. It was when I switched back and forth between my veer and Pre3. Are you swapping the sim card?
    Oooo....good point. I do switch the SIM between my beater (daily driver, want to wear out first) and newer Pre 3's. I will switch back to the newer one and see what happens....
    The SIM swapping might do it. This is the result of some of the contacts' accounts changing around. What different accounts do you have for contacts? Are you using Google to sync contacts, and are any of the contacts with which messages cannot be further sent part of any of these accounts?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  5.    #5  
    Well...****. Switched the SIM to my newer Pre 3, and it did not work...same message that "Messages can no longer be sent...." Good thing that I usually use my GV number for texting, however it is a bit awkward to reply from the Pre 3 as I must log into Google Voice with the browser and do it from there. But it works.

Had hoped to have the ATT # still work as an alternate. Oh well.
    I think the issue is that you switched the sim. Once you move it, it shuts down the conversation. Putting it back won't resolve past conversations, just ones going forward.
  7.    #7  
    I think the issue is that you switched the sim. Once you move it, it shuts down the conversation. Putting it back won't resolve past conversations, just ones going forward.
    I wish that were so....however started a new one, and still could not reply...:-(
    are you sending sms to phone numbers or through google buddies?
  9.    #9  
    are you sending sms to phone numbers or through google buddies?
    It's the same whether it's someone in my address book, or even from ATT tech support....:-(
    After some reflection on this, my issue was the contacts re-synched when I switched back and forth. The phone considered them new each time. Can't say this is your issue. I could start and continue a conversation if I didn't synch the contacts or switch the sim. Are your contacts backed up on google? If so, are you using caldav?
  11.    #11  
    After some reflection on this, my issue was the contacts re-synched when I switched back and forth. The phone considered them new each time. Can't say this is your issue. I could start and continue a conversation if I didn't synch the contacts or switch the sim. Are your contacts backed up on google? If so, are you using caldav?
    Yes, Google contacts and using the latest C+DAV Sync app by Garfonso. Who is a Hero for keeping the Contacts & Calendar functionality alive for my webOS devices..:-)