1. GLO
    One of my contacts, and only one, on my Pre 3 has become locked on SMS messages. My brother can text me, but right below anyb tex he sends me is a box that states "Messages can no longer be sent or received in this conversation." At the top bar on the right, where the box usually says text, it says lock. Presing on lock offers no options. All my other SMS messages from other contacts show the word "text" in the upper right box, not "LOCK", and pressing on text for them shows the number it will go to, but does not offer you the ability to choose LOCK. I don't know how my brother's account got LOCK status, and I can't figure out how to unlock it. Anybody know how to fix this LOCK status for a single contact?
    Did you make changes to contacts? Any change with the account you use contacts with will cause that issue.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3. GLO
    My brother moved, and I changed his address. Would that lock the SMS messages, and if so, what would you suggest? Do I need to delete his contact and reenter it?
    That's happened to me, both on my Pre2 and my Pre3, I just always start a new thread.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    My brother moved, and I changed his address. Would that lock the SMS messages, and if so, what would you suggest? Do I need to delete his contact and reenter it?
    What kind of account are your contacts stored in? An edit shouldn't change the contact id.
    Did you make the change on the phone?
    Follow me on Twitter
  7. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Did you make the change on the phone?
    Yes, I made the change of address on the phone.
    If you delete that text message thread and start a new one, does it immediately tell you it cannot be replied to?
    Follow me on Twitter
    You may not need to delete the old messages. Try starting a new one. I wonder if the contacts app changed the format that the phone number was stored?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    You should just hit the + button and start a new conversation with him. Do you ever delete conversations? if not, you might want to start a little house cleaning.
    This happened to me once, I just started a new message thread and it worked fine
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up