Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I purchased a Blackberry Passport which, despite a few flubs, is a very nice device. But, I miss my Pre 3 and would still use it if I could put android on it, not a runtime, but a full tilt like cyanogen mod I have on my Touchpad which I still use... I would LOVE to be able to do that so I can boot to android & do stuff I need... the phone is so easy to carry & nice to use & frankly has a better keyboard than blackberry IMHO... is there any hope?

    shhh !! ... don't tell the blackberry fanboys or they'll get their knickers in a bunch...
    dmlis, iprice and axolos like this.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post

    shhh !! ... don't tell the blackberry fanboys or they'll get their knickers in a bunch...

    No bunching here!

    I was just thinking that its time to throw my SIM back in the Pre3. There's nothing quite as elegant as WebOS. I wish the pixi had been a Bold 9900, and I've said over at CrackBerry that the Passport with webOS would have been great. The entire keyboard as a gesture area. What a great combination.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    the passport keyboard with capacitive scroll & other gesture features is an incredibly creative idea which I love to use... but the layout of the keys, strangely, is difficult to navigate since they are registered in a straight vertical array instead of somewhat offset like a regular keyboard... on my Pre 3 I usta type in the dark without looking generally while on the passport I hafta look frequently... I have it since november, so it's not that it's brand new to me... I must admit, I have a 7" android tablet I have not even fired up since I got the passport... but there is an emotional attachment to the Pre 3 that is inexplicable...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    No bunching here!

    I was just thinking that its time to throw my SIM back in the Pre3. There's nothing quite as elegant as WebOS. I wish the pixi had been a Bold 9900, and I've said over at CrackBerry that the Passport with webOS would have been great. The entire keyboard as a gesture area. What a great combination.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  4.    #4  
    I wonder what the learning curve would be to port cyanogen mod to the pre 3 ...I suppose it would be steep due to the screen dimensions, other stuff... I don't know ...I really would like to get it to happen... I have also reflected on what webOS would do for the Passport !!
  5. #5  
    This sounds like what you want... Alcatel OT-980 pictures, official photos
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    the passport keyboard with capacitive scroll & other gesture features is an incredibly creative idea which I love to use... but the layout of the keys, strangely, is difficult to navigate since they are registered in a straight vertical array instead of somewhat offset like a regular keyboard... on my Pre 3 I usta type in the dark without looking generally while on the passport I hafta look frequently... I have it since november, so it's not that it's brand new to me... I must admit, I have a 7" android tablet I have not even fired up since I got the passport... but there is an emotional attachment to the Pre 3 that is inexplicable...
    I've only looked at the Passport at the store. I understand what you're saying about touch typing though. The Pre3, despite having really small keys, is bizarrely easy to type on.

    My android tablet has a dock, and has been relegated to what amounts to serving as a small TV -- and occasional use for reading PDFs. I much prefer a laptop to a tablet.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I wonder what the learning curve would be to port cyanogen mod to the pre 3 ...I suppose it would be steep due to the screen dimensions, other stuff... I don't know ...I really would like to get it to happen... I have also reflected on what webOS would do for the Passport !!
    I think I recall reading somewhere that the Touchpad came with android drivers, while the Pre3 did not, which makes the former easy to port and the latter nearly impossible (unless you're able to reverse engineer drivers, in which case I urge you to do it!!!).
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
  8.    #8  
    Nice look but tiny screen for my ancient eyes, camera is poor, & android2 won't do much anymore... also that toolbelt is inelegant aside the Pre 3 which has some panache... I would love to see a BlackBerry slider with webOS or better a mega size Pre 3x with android 5 & Luna interface... that would save blackberry !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    This sounds like what you want... Alcatel OT-980 pictures, official photos
  9.    #9  
    I spent several hours trying to install a wifi extender today & finally called for a walk-thru..... I have 4 IPCAMS sitting in the box cuz I can't get'em to work... I think my reverse engineering skills are best limited to getting my highlander into reverse gear... lol !! ✌
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    No bunching here!

    I was just thinking that its time to throw my SIM back in the Pre3. There's nothing quite as elegant as WebOS. I wish the pixi had been a Bold 9900, and I've said over at CrackBerry that the Passport with webOS would have been great. The entire keyboard as a gesture area. What a great combination.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I just can't get over the space bar in between the third row. And I can't get around it needing two hands all the time.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    GoJoe2 likes this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just can't get over the space bar in between the third row. And I can't get around it needing two hands all the time.

    I never 'one hand' but I get what you mean. I really don't know what they were thinking when they decided to build a three row keyboard. It would have been easy enough to fit a four row version.

    I do like the idea of the capacitive keyboard. A Q10 successor with a capacitive keyboard would be a nice next step, but I don't think another Q10 style phone will ever be built.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I do like the idea of the capacitive keyboard. A Q10 successor with a capacitive keyboard would be a nice next step, but I don't think another Q10 style phone will ever be built.
    *looks at my BlackBerry Classic*
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  13. #13  
    By Q10 style, I meant without the trackpad and buttons.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
  14. #14  
    The LG Watch Urbane LTE is the most complete smartwatch we've seen to date (hands-on) | VentureBeat | Gadgets | by Mark Sullivan
    good article. It mention
    s that the AT&T will be selling the Urbane in the US but LTE Korea only with US release later, if at all..

    wrong thread..still use my pre 3 as a daily driver..that BB with webos would rock
    Last edited by homer14z; 03/13/2015 at 02:46 AM.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    No bunching here!

    I was just thinking that its time to throw my SIM back in the Pre3. There's nothing quite as elegant as WebOS. I wish the pixi had been a Bold 9900, and I've said over at CrackBerry that the Passport with webOS would have been great. The entire keyboard as a gesture area. What a great combination.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I can totally agree with your statement about WebOS being great and elegant, I've been cursed to replace my Palm Pre 3 with its v.2.2.4 WebOS operating system for Android OS and I'm not liking Google Android system not by one bit. Just miss My Pre 3 gesture area, flicking away apps to close them, Preware and the UI of WebOS with its simplicity and simple design(apps, icons) across the entire OS.

    Yesterday, I took my Palm Pre 3 device from collecting dust(stashed away in a closet) to extract some pictures out of my old webOS phone (to sync it up to my computer) and just the mere act of turning it on and then just using swipe gestures to navigate the OS felt great and so natural compared to pressing buttons in Android. I stay playing with my Palm Pre 3 for hours, sliding the keyboard open to type things away and browsing the Web (brought up nice memories when WebOS was an option instead of just Apple or Android) wishing things were back to the old days and HP wouldn't had cancelled its plans with WebOS (So that I be using my favorite phone and not be forced to move to Google's Android).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    eKeith likes this.
  16. #16  
    I'm glad I'm not the only one missing their Pre 3. I tried to move my replacement Pre 3 to MetroPCS however the system never could work with it; however the sunburned phone (i.e. screen) could connect and reconnect just fine. Go figure. When I tried just using it with Wi-Fi, it had problems displaying Google items: GKeep displays the edit box in what possibly might be the upper left corner and I can't get to it. I reluctantly switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note. If there was a way to get the browser to handle the new HTML screens, I would switch back in a heartbeat. All of the good traits of the Pre are the very reasons that I miss it.
  17. #17  
    How weird! I miss my Pre3 to, also have a Blackberry, a Z10, which is a decent enough device, but rather than have smelly android an my Pre3, I'd rather have (a fully funtioning) WebOS on the Blackberry. Android seems to me to be something cobbled together by a committee after a drunken night out, nothing like as easy and natural to use as WebOS.
  18. #18  
    I'm in exactly the same boat - I've "upgraded" my Pre2 to an Android device. Despite technically better specs on my Android phone, it just isn't as good as my old webOS device
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    eKeith likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I purchased a Blackberry Passport which, despite a few flubs, is a very nice device. But, I miss my Pre 3 and would still use it if I could put android on it, not a runtime, but a full tilt like cyanogen mod I have on my Touchpad which I still use... I would LOVE to be able to do that so I can boot to android & do stuff I need... the phone is so easy to carry & nice to use & frankly has a better keyboard than blackberry IMHO... is there any hope?

    shhh !! ... don't tell the blackberry fanboys or they'll get their knickers in a bunch...
    I had to finally give up my Pre (4th one on Sprint). Since I'm on Sprint, I couldn't even get the latest Blackberry phone , so I got a BB Q10. From forums I've read, most people felt that BB 10 was more like WebOS in more ways than iOS and Android.

    It's nice to have full functionality again and I really like the calendar features, but I miss the WebOS UI. I still use my Touchpad daily. I'll be headed over to Crackberry soon to find out how to transfer my contacts from my Pre to my Q10.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I can totally agree with your statement about WebOS being great and elegant, I've been cursed to replace my Palm Pre 3 with its v.2.2.4 WebOS operating system for Android OS and I'm not liking Google Android system not by one bit. Just miss My Pre 3 gesture area, flicking away apps to close them, Preware and the UI of WebOS with its simplicity and simple design(apps, icons) across the entire OS.

    Yesterday, I took my Palm Pre 3 device from collecting dust(stashed away in a closet) to extract some pictures out of my old webOS phone (to sync it up to my computer) and just the mere act of turning it on and then just using swipe gestures to navigate the OS felt great and so natural compared to pressing buttons in Android. I stay playing with my Palm Pre 3 for hours, sliding the keyboard open to type things away and browsing the Web (brought up nice memories when WebOS was an option instead of just Apple or Android) wishing things were back to the old days and HP wouldn't had cancelled its plans with WebOS (So that I be using my favorite phone and not be forced to move to Google's Android).
    I totally agree with you about the simplicity and elegance of WebOS. It's a crying shame how HP trashed a product that was so innovative.
    eKeith and normsland like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you miss your Pre's?
    By prebulls in forum Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02/28/2010, 01:41 AM
  2. does pre have mms or did i miss something???
    By ohthebaby in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10/16/2009, 04:29 PM
  3. Now I Miss my 650
    By treopq in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10/04/2008, 12:24 PM
  4. Did You Miss Me?
    By mediasi in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08/14/2005, 03:25 PM
  5. Did I miss something?
    By Felipe in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08/27/2004, 09:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions