1.    #1  
    Hi, I've been having an issue for years on different pre 2's and 3's where the body of an email tries to load, but the spinning wheel is quickly replaced by a black box. This issue was raised years ago but I haven't seen a solution except to keep going back and forth to next and previous email until eventually it works. It seems to get worse with a slower connection/worse reception and with larger, HTML-formatted emails. It feels like there's a timeout for rendering or something. This is number 1 productivity issue on my pre 3. If this was fixed I think I could keep using it for another year.
    Thanks
  2.    #2  
    I took a screenshot of the email app showing the black box. Opening it in gimp, I was surprised to find that the box that appeard black on the screen is actually transparent (grey checkerboard pattern). I had to fill it in manually to show what it looks like on my pre 3. Occasionally, the box appears to have tiny specks in it - i.e. not compeletely black. Any ideas to investigate further are welcome.
    The body of the email in this cases actually just says "test"
    Thanks much
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On my pre3 I sometimes have the checkered screen on a webpage, when it does not completly load. See the black box less and less, but that might be cause I unsubscribed a lot of lists

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    HTML email or plaintext?
    Happens in both cases. I feel like it's more likely for HTML but don't have hard data to support that. The specific example here is base 64 encoded plaintext.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    know problem, i had too (even on never sent draft-mails after an 2.x upsate) but don't remember an solution to:

pre2 - unable to retrieve email text......

if you google Site search for "Mail black" you will find more threads

Never had it again since then.