Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. GLO
    My Pre 3 will not allow me to see any e-mail messages (I use yahoo.com) saying "requested encryption not supported by server". I can still send messages. When I lick on the e-mail menu in the upper left and choose preferences and accounts, it doesn't even give me any options to change the encryption which I think is SSL. I am totally unable to read any e-mails on my Pre 3, and could really use some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    When I lick on the e-mail menu in the upper left and choose preferences and accounts, it doesn't even...
    I was going to make a joke that webOS doesn't support licking, but after extensive testing, I must admit it does!
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail. | pivotCE
    ...but the thread posted above will hopefully get deeper into the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    My Pre 3 will not allow me to see any e-mail messages (I use yahoo.com) saying "requested encryption not supported by server". I can still send messages. When I lick on the e-mail menu in the upper left and choose preferences and accounts, it doesn't even give me any options to change the encryption which I think is SSL. I am totally unable to read any e-mails on my Pre 3, and could really use some help.
    What I did is to delete the existing account, and instead set up a pop account. If you google "setup yahoo email",
    you can manually set up the Yahoo account by using the specifications listed, WITH THE MANUAL SETUP OPTION. You must specify a pop account and the imap ports. They had a "palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com" server but it seems they no longer do. Try no encrytion if ssl or tls do not work.

So yu can get mail, but all the spam will show up as well.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I am now having this problem with gmail. Just started yesterday. sent one and received one but now can't do either. Checked and it is set up with ssl. both in and out. deleted account and started over now nothing.
    it appears that I can send messages. but still not receiving them.
    My incoming mail server is imap.gmail.com with SSL port 993
    I have started to have the same problem with Gmail on my Pre 3, Veer and TP. I've switched off 2 step authentication to no avail. Any help appreciated.
    I recommend waiting it out for a bit. There have been other intermittent issues with Google services recently. I am getting this error today too.
    As expected, the errors stopped as suddenly as they started.
    My girlfriend sees this a lot of times on her veer

Sometimes a change of IP address helps, sometimes a reboot.

Till now it is not a permanent problem.

(on the Veer she still has a google account (with a sync patch I suppose, cannot remember), have not yet moved her to IMAP

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Had the message on my mother's Veer a week ago and yesterday it synced Gmail fine again. Today my father's Pre2 and my mother's Veer are having the Gmail error message. Will wait to see what happens...

Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    yup, this just reared its ugly head on my PRE3. Worked fine yesterday and all of a sudden I get the unsupported encryption error.. That sucks. I need it to work as I'm traveling. Anyone else seeing this today?
    Weird thing is that if I can find WiFi, I can login to google mail but can't via att. Maybe its an issue between those two?

Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Weird thing is that if I can find WiFi, I can login to google mail but can't via att. .... Forums
    This is the part that confuses me. I have the same problem, email works on wifi but not mobile data connection.

If there was a software/certificate problem it shouldn't work either way, right?
    Last edited by Atif; 06/23/2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Join date: 07/22/2003 (Going to hold on to my Pixi Pre 3 as long as I can!)
    Working on this tonight, some people with none webOS phones reported the same problem and it having to do with APN settings.

Before playing with settings I rebooted my Pre3 and it seems to be working now.....
    Join date: 07/22/2003 (Going to hold on to my Pixi Pre 3 as long as I can!)
    I guess that could be causing it in some cases, but it's happening on CDMA phones and WiFi Touchpads at times too.
    I have also seen this problem pop up intermittently on my Veer over the last couple of months.

My solution: set up a Microsoft Outlook email account and forward all Gmail to that account. Outlook syncs email perfectly on 2.2.4, with no encryption/security issues (at least that I have seen).

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Well, when I got to Baltimore it worked fine. Now in Cleveland and it works fine. It was only in Raleigh that it failed. Go figure!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've been having this problem with my Touchpad over wifi intermittently for a few days but it appears to have become permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by idslfisher View Post
    I've been having this problem with my Touchpad over wifi intermittently for a few days but it appears to have become permanent.
    check this thread
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-new-post.html

basically download the zip, install the 3 certs, look for the other 1 or 2 extra "google1" certs, and add them too, then cross your fingers.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast