Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I know HP removed the WebOS tech support. I need help to log on my WebOS Touchpad. Would it be possible to borrow a download from a working WebOS user? My intention is to log in to the server and switch to Android.
    You cannot log into the hp server. It is long gone.

But there are instructions here on bypassing activation so you don't use a webOS profile ID. Then the tablet works fine with webOS.

There are also instructions on installing android aosp, like CM10. Search Google for the results which lead back to this site. (Google searches are easier. ) you can also have it dual boot it you prefer the option of either OS.

My tpad is still only webOS or I'd just provide a link. Sorry. But the info is here.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Royal View Post
    I know HP removed the WebOS tech support. I need help to log on my WebOS Touchpad. Would it be possible to borrow a download from a working WebOS user? My intention is to log in to the server and switch to Android.
    Here is a summary on bypassing activation:
    https://pivotce.com/2015/06/24/tip-h...ss-activation/

If you posted here because of email problems, then it's likely missing certificates.
    Here is a guide for Yahoo. It explains the situation.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/

Google has similar issues, but they are unfortunately switching certificates frequently (requiring user updates about once per week). Fortunately, the original process has been refined to the point where a simple app updates the certificates.

The service pack link below is for a thread that lists fixes for popular services such as Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Royal View Post
    Here is a summary on bypassing activation:
    How to bypass activation | pivotCE

If you posted here because of email problems, then it's likely missing certificates.
    Here is a guide for Yahoo. It explains the situation.
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE

Google has similar issues, but they are unfortunately switching certificates frequently (requiring user updates about once per week). Fortunately, the original process has been refined to the point where a simple app updates the certificates.

The service pack link below is for a thread that lists fixes for popular services such as Gmail.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/04/2015 at 12:03 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12